Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330703 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2017, 05:40:44 AM »
I wrote an article about everything from Evocati 3.0, refunds and small claims court, to CitizenCon and financial oddities

Do you think they have paid back that Coutts loan (even though we dont know how much it was for) ?

No way of knowing that until the 2017 financials come out. If they have, it won't be there.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2017, 08:14:51 PM »
BREAKING NEWS!!

Evocati Test Fiasco

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2017, 08:18:33 AM »

Motto

« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2017, 08:48:46 AM »
That threadreaderapp thing really works  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2017, 09:06:48 AM »
That threadreaderapp thing really works  :D

Yeah, I could write a whole blog, 280 chars at a time!  :laugh: :supaburn:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »
My Star Citizen Situation Report is online

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6056/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2017, 02:19:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/939959982728073217

Just had an amazing chat with @BigfryTV Hold onto your butts for this one.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2017, 02:41:22 PM »
My latest Situation Report is live

Motto

« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2017, 04:40:45 PM »
I wonder if this hasn't been a final act of bravery by Clive, on purpose. Spilling the beans fully knowing that in a couple of weeks it'll all be over anyway. Blocking Chris' attempt to get away with by tanking the last bit of funding even before the "showing" of SQ42.

Even if not, this single posting is probably what will bring CIG down. Even the biggest whales are arguing how to read all of this. Your sit-rep should open up more eyes. And Chris knows he's fucked now. There is no spinning this anymore. Game Over.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:59:46 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2017, 07:00:19 PM »
My hour long interview this past weekend, is live

https://twitter.com/BigfryTV/status/940389264033857537

McDrake

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2017, 02:11:13 AM »
That's why CR never got a publisher for his dream:

I was thinking all the time about SC at this video.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2017, 04:48:22 AM »
I think Roberts history and reputation followed him around like a piece of stinking cheese. First he swears off working for those awful publishers and large studios. Then he fails in a spectacular way when left to his own in trying to produce Freelancer, then he has another fiasco resulting in criminal investigations and lawsuits with his foray into Film.

After all of that do you think anybody wanted this idiot showing up at their front door? Even if he had the greatest idea ever for a game, even if it COULD be built with the tech we had at the time it would still come attached to Chris Roberts, the guy with the reputation for bitching about a single pixel's color, the guy who drove his own studio into the dirt, the guy who doesn't have a single bit of management skill wants my studio to invest in his game.

Are you fucking kidding me. Tell him I'm out of there office, tell him I died just don't ever give him the chance to waste one minute of my life.

Now if anybody was dumb enough to let him waste their time with his pitch, the 30 things video has so many reasons why Chris Robers ought not be given the time of day.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2017, 07:13:43 PM »
Yeah, so that happened. See if you can make the connection to my recent article.

Motto

« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2017, 04:23:44 AM »
Quote from SA:

Cloud Imperium Games LLC updated their California Statement of Information on 12/6/17 (2 years late).

The only changes of note are they finally notified the state that they are no longer on Sunset Blvd. and they changed the business activities from "Game Development and Publishing" to "Game Development"

So maybe they need a publisher now?

e: They also created a new LLC on 11/30/17. Roberts Space Industries LLC (a separate entity from Roberts Space Industries Corp)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2017, 06:35:57 AM »
Quote from SA:

Cloud Imperium Games LLC updated their California Statement of Information on 12/6/17 (2 years late).

The only changes of note are they finally notified the state that they are no longer on Sunset Blvd. and they changed the business activities from "Game Development and Publishing" to "Game Development"

So maybe they need a publisher now?

e: They also created a new LLC on 11/30/17. Roberts Space Industries LLC (a separate entity from Roberts Space Industries Corp)

Yeah, we're up to 17 companies now, and I've updated my list.

Cloud Imperium Games was never a publisher, that would be RSI (the worldwide parent). They are a game dev entity just like F42 in the UK and GER. So this change makes sense, and is just procedural.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk