Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330499 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2017, 06:40:15 AM »
170 million with 17 companies and still no game. There's a tweet in there somewhere  :smug:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2017, 06:42:36 AM »
They also recently settled (out of court) the lawsuit filed against them couple of years back. Click on this link, then on the case summary.

11/06/2017 Request for Entry of Dismissal (OF ENTIRE ACTION WITH PREJUDICE )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff

09/19/2017 Notice-Settlement
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2017, 06:46:12 AM »
At The Settlement - Episode 1 - Brought to you by Star Citizen backers

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2017, 06:06:10 AM »
The interview I did last week is live

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

CatEars

« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2017, 02:08:07 PM »
Expecting a new surprise concept ship sale next week. A dreadnought class spaceship loaded with all kinds of weapons. It is built to withstand heavy close combat and engage in long drawn out battles without resupply. They will call it the Crytek.

nightfire

« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2017, 08:30:12 PM »
Expecting a new surprise concept ship sale next week. A dreadnought class spaceship loaded with all kinds of weapons. It is built to withstand heavy close combat and engage in long drawn out battles without resupply. They will call it the Crytek.
Count me in!!

BTW, thinking about those engaging capital ship battles, combat arenas and mechanics in the Dreadnought game... another thing we'll never see in Star Citizen, the self-proclaimed BDSSE.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2017, 11:06:26 AM »
Today's tweet storm starts here. It's +2hrs long

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2017, 07:38:53 AM »
In today's Tweet storm, I unleash against the Shillizens

Flashwit

« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2017, 11:14:24 AM »
Huh, Skadden is even bigger than I expected. Crytek is really going for it here.

4th largest law firm in the world (by revenue). Can you even imagine Ortwin going up against these guys? It would be a massacre.

StanTheMan

« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2017, 11:36:05 AM »
Huh, Skadden is even bigger than I expected. Crytek is really going for it here.

4th largest law firm in the world (by revenue). Can you even imagine Ortwin going up against these guys? It would be a massacre.

The bigger they come the harder they fall...

The thing is .. Skadden think there is meat here...from one side or the other and a reasonable issue that suits their business model...thats why the little o is screwed.

N0mad

« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2017, 12:37:29 PM »
Reading your Tweets about Skadden really put it in perspective, I knew CIG were screwed, but this is being screwed on a different magnitude.

It was interesting that Leonard French thought that the case, as written, probably indicated that they want a settlement. I'd guess that Crytek have a solid case (hence getting Skadden on board) but don't want to make too much of a fuss and just want a cut of the action as originally promised.

I'd be putting my money on CIG trying to string things out as much as possible, so no early settlement, then hoping that everyone forgets about the case in the new year and buys more ships in the next sale. However that might depend on what other bad stuff is going to happen next week !!   :supaburn:

Greggy_D

« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2017, 02:03:04 PM »
I'd wager CIG do not have the money to settle.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:18:36 PM by Greggy_D »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2017, 02:24:37 PM »
Ditto. Aside from that Ortwin may still be a major partner with Robbers. If so it might behove him to provide sufficient legal services to keep the cash cow making milk. I'm sure he will charge CIG for his services and the backers will pay every dime of the cost. THey won't figure out that the whole situation was created by the wonder twins trying to scam Crytek and now CIG was scamming the backers doubly.  What a bunch of Nimrods.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2017, 08:19:44 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:58:03 PM by dsmart »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk