Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330505 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2018, 09:32:09 AM »
Why does it have to be me?

Well, you ARE the Great, the Mighty, the One and Only Internet Warlord. That's why. And to stick it to Chris of course. And maybe, to not discourage any European backer to try to get a refund by sueing. Did I mention YOU are the Great, the Mighty, the One and Only Internet Warlord?

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »
TOS is iron clad in US. Would be interesting to see actions against CIG in countries where consumer protection is stronger like in Germany or Australia.
For Germany it's pretty simple: ToS may not contain "surprising" clauses. These get invalidated in court on a regular basis. The same applies to "unfair" clauses, meaning anything that puts the consumer at a severe disadvantage.

So "you completely waive your right to sue us" and "you pay us money, but are not entitled to anything" hidden in fine print doesn't stand a chance in Germany.

Resin

« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2018, 03:29:20 AM »
For Germany it's pretty simple: ToS may not contain "surprising" clauses. These get invalidated in court on a regular basis. The same applies to "unfair" clauses, meaning anything that puts the consumer at a severe disadvantage.

So "you completely waive your right to sue us" and "you pay us money, but are not entitled to anything" hidden in fine print doesn't stand a chance in Germany.

I know. I think that’s the case in most EU countries since there are EU consumer protection in place but some countries like Germany, have even better consumer protection.

Resin

« Reply #273 on: July 22, 2018, 03:29:51 AM »

I know. I think that’s the case in most EU countries since there are EU consumer protection in place but some countries like Germany, have even better consumer protection.

Motto

« Reply #274 on: July 22, 2018, 05:37:26 AM »
But where is the backer who's willing to sue them? That's the 190M dollar question.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #275 on: July 22, 2018, 06:07:47 AM »
But where is the backer who's willing to sue them? That's the 190M dollar question.

You don't necessarily need a backer to sue them.
You've got consumer protection agencies and competitors who might be able to sue RSI if they not adhere to a lot of consumer protection laws. Though naturally those agencies most often only get involved after someone informs them about bad situations.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2018, 05:23:41 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #277 on: July 27, 2018, 08:08:59 AM »
Goon accountant in the UK

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2018, 08:51:19 AM »
New filings over at F42-UK

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1022628907139440640.html

That is interesting but I wonder why they would spend another 17k if they are hurting for funds, but it seems they maybe were forced to do so? It seems to me that they are still thinking they are viable for the long-term since they are issuing for shares? I tried to research that to understand if they could use that for quick gains if CIG was coming to an end but could not find information on it.

Motto

« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2018, 08:53:37 AM »
It's my understanding that if they hadn't done this, they would have to file their financials shortly. And they really really can't have that now, they need  to hide the scamming and ripping off as long as possible.

jwh1701

« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2018, 08:54:33 AM »
It's my understanding that if they hadn't done this, they would have to file their financials shortly. And they really really can't have that now, they need  to hide the scamming and ripping off as long as possible.

Thank you that makes it sound even more insane as if you willing to spend 17k to hide something it has to be big.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2018, 12:26:23 PM »

That is correct. Also, it will probably show that they are really doing badly financially. The last thing they want right now, is that sort of bad news.

ps: Apollo medical ship is a bust btw

jwh1701

« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2018, 01:18:05 PM »
That is correct. Also, it will probably show that they are really doing badly financially. The last thing they want right now, is that sort of bad news.

ps: Apollo medical ship is a bust btw

There was a whole lot of discussion on previous ships that had lost medical beds, makes sense now. Even given
the backers total blindness I would think a med ship at this juncture would have been a hard sell. Hope
this forces them to come up with ridiculous ship concepts or buzzwords we can meme.

N0mad

« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2018, 01:22:23 PM »
So if the Apollo was a failure, and CIG are desperate then what are they going to try next?

Let's face it, flying round the 'verse picking up the injured is not a glamorous way to play a game that doesn't exist. People want something exciting: combat, exploration, living life on the edge; something glamorous...

How about a space fire engine? Everyone wants to be a firefighter!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:24:08 PM by N0mad »

jwh1701

« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2018, 02:41:35 PM »
So if the Apollo was a failure, and CIG are desperate then what are they going to try next?

Let's face it, flying round the 'verse picking up the injured is not a glamorous way to play a game that doesn't exist. People want something exciting: combat, exploration, living life on the edge; something glamorous...

How about a space fire engine? Everyone wants to be a firefighter!

LOL I will ask for this later on, good idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk