Author Topic: Star Citizen Analytics Project  (Read 207382 times)

Slapmeandcallmegurl

Re: Star Citizen Analytics Project
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2018, 05:27:43 PM »
You really should play it now, since it won't be long before there is nothing left to "play". Those stupid enough not to see that the are funding a ungoing scam can't keep up with the costs of running the scam. It's how all schemes collapse in the end.

Change the record. You said almost exactly the same thing a year ago. Still here. Still working. Still solvent. No collapse.

Any feelings of doubt creeping in yet?

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2018, 06:05:00 PM »
Nope. Instead of pimping $100 to $300 ships they have inflated everything to $600 to $2000 ships. It cannot continue. What's next? The $5000 ships to keep things afloat?
Remember according to Robbers you are not buying a ship you are backing the project with this "contribution". Except that since they put the ability to buy currency and ships in game it's clear that you ARE buying ships.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 07:08:13 PM by Spunky Munkee »

N0mad

« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2018, 02:41:32 AM »
Change the record. You said almost exactly the same thing a year ago. Still here. Still working. Still solvent. No collapse.

Any feelings of doubt creeping in yet?

Nah, none of us know when this will all collapse, but we all know it will eventually. Why? Because their business model isn't sustainable in the long term.

Look at how much progress has been made since last year: they've added more ships sure, but what about gameplay: box finding missions, scramble races, a mining mini game? They claim to be adding Hurston, yet this will be another empty area devoid of any actual gameplay, assuming it actually gets released this year. And what about all the other "tech" demos that they've shown off over the years at GamesCom / CitizenCon? Where are all those cities / moons / planets / sandworms etc?

Their business model relies on maintaining the faith of big spenders to "pledge" towards the development of the game. Combined with their inability to actually make the game: they have no incentive to actually release a finished version which can be sold for normal prices. The challenge is to show enough progress year on year and create a new Jpeg to keep the money flowing: which CIG have proven time and time again to be very good at. The problem is that they can't keep doing this: something is going to give eventually, they'll lose the confidence of the biggest whales then the money will dry up, people will lose their jobs and it will all be Chris's fault.

Sure, they might keep going for a few more years, but how much are they going to accomplish in that time? They'll release lots of ships and Jpegs. But will they add Hurston? will they finish the Stanton system? Will they stop the game crashing all the time? Will they actually add some gameplay? Will Squadron 42 get released? I really suspect not.

jwh1701

« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2018, 07:43:35 AM »
Nah, none of us know when this will all collapse, but we all know it will eventually. Why? Because their business model isn't sustainable in the long term.

Look at how much progress has been made since last year: they've added more ships sure, but what about gameplay: box finding missions, scramble races, a mining mini game? They claim to be adding Hurston, yet this will be another empty area devoid of any actual gameplay, assuming it actually gets released this year. And what about all the other "tech" demos that they've shown off over the years at GamesCom / CitizenCon? Where are all those cities / moons / planets / sandworms etc?

Their business model relies on maintaining the faith of big spenders to "pledge" towards the development of the game. Combined with their inability to actually make the game: they have no incentive to actually release a finished version which can be sold for normal prices. The challenge is to show enough progress year on year and create a new Jpeg to keep the money flowing: which CIG have proven time and time again to be very good at. The problem is that they can't keep doing this: something is going to give eventually, they'll lose the confidence of the biggest whales then the money will dry up, people will lose their jobs and it will all be Chris's fault.

Sure, they might keep going for a few more years, but how much are they going to accomplish in that time? They'll release lots of ships and Jpegs. But will they add Hurston? will they finish the Stanton system? Will they stop the game crashing all the time? Will they actually add some gameplay? Will Squadron 42 get released? I really suspect not.

Excellent and very nice response, even thought I love to troll reddit no matter how mean they are I have always been respectful. I would add TOS changes and going back on the "Audited accounting" promise to show how the money was spent. FTR's long video is also sad considering the first 50 mins is just crashes, game stability has been going backwards for sometime. I even wonder what happened to bug smashers and some of the more talented faces we used to see?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2018, 08:20:48 AM »

Yup - pretty much all of that.

It's also why they built and sold the previously unannounced Valkerie for ShitizenCon, then released it in a badly broken 3.3. Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, they invented a new JPEG (Kraken) to sell. Why? Because they already pre-sold all previously known ships, most of which aren't even built. The only way to raise cash money is through new shiny things which only the most devout (going by the sales generated) will buy. Yet, nobody is asking them why they didn't just build and release one of the JPEGs they already pre-sold. I wonder why.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2018, 09:37:20 AM »
Yup - pretty much all of that.

It's also why they built and sold the previously unannounced Valkerie for ShitizenCon, then released it in a badly broken 3.3. Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, they invented a new JPEG (Kraken) to sell. Why? Because they already pre-sold all previously known ships, most of which aren't even built. The only way to raise cash money is through new shiny things which only the most devout (going by the sales generated) will buy. Yet, nobody is asking them why they didn't just build and release one of the JPEGs they already pre-sold. I wonder why.

I still get lol's every time someone ask's about when they get to fly their hull-c. Then without fail backers come in and say they are working on the tech to make it fly. Then I always ask myself why do they not see the backwards development cycle.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 10:27:52 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2018, 10:15:39 AM »

I still get lol's every time someone ask's about when the get to fly their hull-c. Then without fail backers come in and say they are working on the tech to make it fly. Then I always ask myself why do they not see the backwards development cycle.

Yeah, it's so bloody obvious that it makes no sense that backers aren't crying foul in unison. They're completely brain-washed if you ask me.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2018, 01:01:41 PM »
Yeah, it's so bloody obvious that it makes no sense that backers aren't crying foul in unison. They're completely brain-washed if you ask me.

They really pulled the stops out this time with the manipulative sales tactics. Love that they released a ship and a jpeg at the same time, makes it look like the Kraken may actually come out at some point, $1400 though, I am in awe at their ability to sell digital goods that have not even been created yet at such a high price, it is fucking awesome.

Remember when microtransactions were...micro? People hated it then but it was small fry compared to this brave new world. These are crazy days we are living, this is going to be the biggest laugh of the 21st century when it all goes belly up.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2018, 04:39:08 AM »

I still get lol's every time someone ask's about when they get to fly their hull-c. Then without fail backers come in and say they are working on the tech to make it fly. Then I always ask myself why do they not see the backwards development cycle.

Some ships are made fast, some aren't. They've always said that they'll be making ships as required for squadron 42 and they've always said that ships are being made that we don't know about.

Let's suppose the Kracken makes an appearance in Squadron as the pirate group's base of operations perhaps.

Hull series, not so much.

This constant desire to see evil and mismanagement shows a heavily skewed perception. Just because you don't know the reasons, doesn't meant they don't exist.

I find this fixation on 'predatory sales tactics' most strange. Are we not adults in control of our own cash? Do they not have the fact the game is in alpha and the concept isn't ready to fly yet, right there on the sale page?

What would you want them to do? Not advertise their assets? Not generate income? They're a business. They need to do both.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2018, 04:50:27 AM »
They really pulled the stops out this time with the manipulative sales tactics. Love that they released a ship and a jpeg at the same time, makes it look like the Kraken may actually come out at some point, $1400 though, I am in awe at their ability to sell digital goods that have not even been created yet at such a high price, it is fucking awesome.

Remember when microtransactions were...micro? People hated it then but it was small fry compared to this brave new world. These are crazy days we are living, this is going to be the biggest laugh of the 21st century when it all goes belly up.

If you know the history, it's easy to see how they did this combo for max effect. They did the same thing back when they released 3.0 in Dec 2017 and they used it to sell ground vehicles. Then came land (lol!) sales.

They basically added two new ships at CitizenCon. The Valkyrie was the new shiny thing to sell and raise cash money while using the promise of 3.3. The Kraken was another future shiny new thing, again to raise cash money. Both of these on top of ships they already sold  and have yet to build.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2018, 04:51:56 AM »
This constant desire to see evil and mismanagement shows a heavily skewed perception. Just because you don't know the reasons, doesn't meant they don't exist.

I find this fixation on 'predatory sales tactics' most strange. Are we not adults in control of our own cash? Do they not have the fact the game is in alpha and the concept isn't ready to fly yet, right there on the sale page?

What would you want them to do? Not advertise their assets? Not generate income? They're a business. They need to do both.

It's called having an opinion. You don't have to like it, and my guess is that nobody cares.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2018, 05:30:21 AM »
More like having an agenda to be honest, but then, that's just my opinion.

Motto

« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2018, 07:00:29 AM »
So, just another round of trolling?

dexatron

« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »
More like having an agenda to be honest, but then, that's just my opinion.

You're kidding right?  If not check yourself in to the nearest psychologist. 
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2018, 07:15:17 AM »
You're kidding right?  If not check yourself in to the nearest psychologist.

Right back atcha broski!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk