Author Topic: Star Citizen Analytics Project  (Read 207544 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Analytics Project
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2018, 07:22:47 AM »
So, just another round of trolling?

Apparently so. This new account is very disappointing tbh; and it's not going to last very long because I haven't seen anything lol-worthy so far to encourage it.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2018, 07:24:44 AM »
Well now, one mustn't upset the echo chamber now must one. Quick, call me stupid and insane before banning me for no valid reason...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2018, 07:28:54 AM »
Well now, one mustn't upset the echo chamber now must one. Quick, call me stupid and insane before banning me for no valid reason...

You know better. Nobody is going to ban you without reason.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2018, 07:30:45 AM »
Hmm, not posting things you laugh out loud to seems like a reasonably flaky reason to me.

it's not going to last very long because I haven't seen anything lol-worthy so far to encourage it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2018, 07:33:16 AM »
Hmm, not posting things you laugh out loud to seems like a reasonably flaky reason to me.

Of course that would be a bs reason to ban you or anyone. Not that it's going to happen; so I don't know where you got that impression from. Perhaps you misunderstood my previous comment.

The rules haven't changed. No attacks, no insults - and you can post anything (within reason of course) you want, and people reserve the right to respond, lol, or both.

Anyway, please comment on my latest posts over here
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:36:23 AM by dsmart »

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2018, 07:39:41 AM »
Ok, if you can't see where I got that from when you just said  the account won't last long because I haven't made you laugh yet then...fine. Have it your way but let us not derail further. Back OT.

It seems the late cap ship sale for this year brought the numbers for the citcon sale up to previous values. That's nice for them. The wave idea was good. Make sure the top spenders get their chance. Sensible strategy. Must have hurt in previous years seeing posts about wanting expensive ship 'x' but not getting one. At least this way most who both wanted and could afford one, got one.

Well played CIG. Kept the bank balance and majority of backers willing to spend, happy.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:42:27 AM by Slapmeandcallmegurl »

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2018, 07:41:16 AM »
Anyway, please comment on my latest posts over here

Sorry, I don't have time to watch 2 hours of YouTube...

N0mad

« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2018, 07:57:46 AM »
It seems the late cap ship sale for this year brought the numbers for the citcon sale up to previous values. That's nice for them. The wave idea was good. Make sure the top soendrs get their chance. Sensible strategy. Must have hurt in previous years seeing posts about wanting expensive ship 'x' but not getting one. At least this way most who both wanted and could afford one, got one.

I'll hand it to CIG - it's straight out of the marketing (or scamming) play book:
1) Create a sense of exclusivity by only marketing it directly to "chosen" players - also enhanced by making them "work" to get it ie. by explaining why they should have one
2) Create a sense of high value (game changer etc)
3) Create a sense scarcity (limit numbers in each wave)
4) Create a sense of urgency (limited time to purchase)
5) Make it clear that the buyer is competing with others to increase the impact of (3) and (4)

It's very clever psychology and it's paid off for CIG.

I might add that the difference between clever marketing and running a scam is whether or not you are selling a product worth the value you've placed on it.

Serendipity: I can't wait to hear your arguments about why a digital Jpeg is worth $1400
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:18:40 AM by N0mad »

jwh1701

« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2018, 08:50:48 AM »
Some ships are made fast, some aren't. They've always said that they'll be making ships as required for squadron 42 and they've always said that ships are being made that we don't know about.

Let's suppose the Kracken makes an appearance in Squadron as the pirate group's base of operations perhaps.

Hull series, not so much.

This constant desire to see evil and mismanagement shows a heavily skewed perception. Just because you don't know the reasons, doesn't meant they don't exist.

I find this fixation on 'predatory sales tactics' most strange. Are we not adults in control of our own cash? Do they not have the fact the game is in alpha and the concept isn't ready to fly yet, right there on the sale page?

What would you want them to do? Not advertise their assets? Not generate income? They're a business. They need to do both.

Are we not adults in control of our own cash? 

I would agree with this but I believe they no longer have the intentions on delivering and Chris has started talking about mvp.

What would you want them to do? Not advertise their assets? Not generate income? They're a business. They need to do both.

I also agree with you, and Chris can silence all of us that believe its a scam by releasing the promised "audited accounting" and showing
all funds have been used on the game, not Maui or capri or anything else.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2018, 09:37:39 AM »

Serendipity: I can't wait to hear your arguments about why a digital Jpeg is worth $1400

Capitalism. A thing is only worth as much as people will pay for it.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2018, 09:40:47 AM »

Are we not adults in control of our own cash? 

I would agree with this but I believe they no longer have the intentions on delivering and Chris has started talking about mvp.

I also agree with you, and Chris can silence all of us that believe its a scam by releasing the promised "audited accounting" and showing
all funds have been used on the game, not Maui or capri or anything else.

The audit was only if they fail to produce the games. Seeing as they are still in production, they haven't, yet, failed.

You can't seriously believe they have no intention of delivering the games? Why would they have 5 studios and 450 staff if that were the case? A proper scammer would have sacked everyone, closed the studios and pocketed any further funding. This hasn't happened.

N0mad

« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2018, 10:21:40 AM »
Capitalism. A thing is only worth as much as people will pay for it.

Consumer Scam: A deceptive sale of goods or services to a consumer designed to extract money unreasonably excessive given the services rendered or goods provided, if any.

Oh, and where is Squadron 42? or even the roadmap that Chris promised us all for last April?

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2018, 10:40:30 AM »
I would consider a venture to fall into scam mode when they promised one thing and then claim (without a shred of evidence) that backers told them to massively expand the project. When TOS that protect said backers evaporate. When all schedules become meaningless as simply goals and not deadlines, easily shifted without consequence. When all pretense of previous promises become null and void to be replaced with whatever the Emporer declares and the hapless backers can no longer escape with their money.  When all the game creation luminaries who originally poured into the project have left, apparently seeing that this ship is adrift, having told the emporer that this horse wont race and have moved on to brighter pastures rather than have their reputations soiled any further from association with this joke of the industry.
So knowing that his previous generals have all abandoned him as they no doubt told him this was a dead end yet he persists in the idea that he is making teenie baby steps of progress yet creating a buggy mess out of what used to run reasonably well back at 2.6 or so. I would think that he has to know his project began foundering long ago, at least as far as actual progress and goals go. No publisher would continue to fund a money pit that showed so little progress after all these years. Mass Effect Andromeda was COMPLETE (but still a bit of a mess) and was abandoned still. This stillborn project Star Citizen, run buy a man child meglomaniac jibbering idiot only exists because legions of fools persist in propping it up, many posting studio created sequences as game footage and sucking in other hapless fools who too will get ensnared in the 2 week gotcha money, you sucker, trap.

You will never see things as we former backers do because we are enlightened and you still have you head jammed firmly up your ass. No it is not necessary for Robbers to pack up his circuis tent and move to a country with no extradition treaties for this to be a scam. It merely needs to keep limping along giving false hope to backers while collecting tens of millions of dollars while the ringleader knows his project is fucked. To me this still fits the very definition of a scam because they know that other than an act of God this game will never acheive it's stretch goals but will sucker the backers dry of every space dime for years while in the process. This is not any different than televangelists who claim to do faith healings clutching the foreheads of cancer patients tossing them to the floor declaring the power of Jesus heals you! Roberts and his wife still collect millions in salary while it fails. It's all good as far as he is concerned. It's his job, selling hope to the hopeless.

This is as much as I will bother to feed this troll.

jwh1701

« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2018, 11:55:04 AM »
The audit was only if they fail to produce the games. Seeing as they are still in production, they haven't, yet, failed.

You can't seriously believe they have no intention of delivering the games? Why would they have 5 studios and 450 staff if that were the case? A proper scammer would have sacked everyone, closed the studios and pocketed any further funding. This hasn't happened.

Maybe I'm misreading section 4 under commercial terms of the 2012 TOS but it seems they have missed every date and are subject to the accounting.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos/1
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 11:56:39 AM by jwh1701 »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2018, 12:33:27 PM »
You know better. Nobody is going to ban you without reason.
Well, ban evasion would be a very valid reason.

Would it be possible to delete newly made sock puppet accounts on sight and unban one of the old ones instead, so these could be used instead? This would be more practical for post history. Also I wouldn't have to update my ignore list every time to not have to read shitizen drivel again.

This forum is the only one, which provides low volume relevant information on the Star Citizen trainwreck. Even the SC thread on the Frontier Forums is hard to digest, producing an average of 10k posts per quarter with 80 % noise in it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk