Author Topic: Star Citizen Analytics Project  (Read 207594 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Analytics Project
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2017, 05:32:02 AM »
New analytics from our Goon numbers guy

Oh, and since there was some FUD over fleet counts earlier:

It's interesting that the funding during the warbond-only presale significantly exceeds the number of units sold times the unit price. Under usual circumstances I've ascribed this to melting, but why would people melt for a cash-only sale? Perhaps it is non-pre-sale plebs melting their stuff in anticipation of the non-warbond SKUs becoming available.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2017, 07:07:20 AM »
With the upcoming 3.0, and news that the Nox was going to be playable, it makes sense that shortly after PC Gamer confirmed it, that the Nox quickly passed the Cyclone

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2017, 08:25:43 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
Our Goon bovine over on SA has new analytics

An update on the leaderboard stats for the previous week... Overall average player counts have remained fairly steady:

Star Marine: 24.4
Arena Commander: 25.8
Racing: 3.4

A total of 84,315 distinct users have played one or more of these game modes in the current season, i.e. since the 2.6.3 patch somewhere around April 1.

73,292 users have played a total of 349849 matches of Star Marine. 85% of these users have played between 1 and 5 matches. 34398 of those (47% of the total) were one and done. The highest total time logged by a single player is 343.4 hours.

32,257 users have played a total of 308576 games of Arena Commander. 73% of these users have played between 1 and 5 matches. 12262 of those (38% of the total) were one and done. The highest total time logged by a single player is 261.7 hours.

15,715 users have played a total of 203345 races. 61% of these users have played between 1 and 5 races. 5078 of those (32% of the total) were one and done. The highest total time logged by a single player is 87.5 hours.

The highest individual playtime in all modes combined is 350.2 hours.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2017, 04:25:47 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2017, 03:09:22 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2017, 07:01:19 AM »
We know the funding chart is part-fiction, but here are current trends

Citcon 2016
Citcon 2014
Gamescom 2017
Citcon 2015
Nox
Gamescom 2016

The 600i and other ships are on sale.

Out to 200hrs

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 07:09:44 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2017, 06:29:17 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2017, 07:43:58 AM »
Latest GC2017 metrics. GC2016 (where they lied the most brazenly) is on track to surpass GC2017 in the next 48hrs

Motto

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2017, 08:18:19 AM »
Uhm, is it me or am I missing lines here and there? E.g. the legenda shows 6 but I see only 5 lines. One more than 1 graphic btw. And I prefer, if possible, not only different colours but also extra markers like - - - and = = = = and _ _ _ and such. Some colours are very similar and hard to follow

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2017, 08:21:46 AM »
Uhm, is it me or am I missing lines here and there? E.g. the legenda shows 6 but I see only 5 lines. One more than 1 graphic btw. And I prefer, if possible, not only different colours but also extra markers like - - - and = = = = and _ _ _ and such. Some colours are very similar and hard to follow

It's there. The Purple lines for GC2017 are pretty low (look on the lower-left)

Motto

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2017, 08:24:19 AM »
Ah. Almost on top of the golden one  :thumbsup:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2017, 10:19:48 AM »

Motto

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2017, 10:30:22 AM »
Even the fake funding chart is already on it's way down. Hard. So it would seem that the chart somehow is connected to actual sales and that it is going down hard seems logical after that shit presentation. Only a White Knight would still pull his wallet.

CatEars

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2017, 05:49:12 PM »

Latest funding financials

Latest Star Citizen funding chart (it's bullshit)

I don't think this chart works any more as half the sale is still missing. They have split their sales into a pre-sale and release sale over the past few months. The pre-sale targets new citizens, streamers that horde and big ship buyers. The release sale has a price increase and targets LTI hoarders who will only upgrade. Two charts would be very telling and then a total chart somehow. This chart just represents the pre-sale which will probably pale in comparison to the 3.0 release sale.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk