Author Topic: Star Citizen Analytics Project  (Read 207586 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Analytics Project
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2017, 01:43:21 PM »
Code: [Select]
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2017: $434,735
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2016: $1,302,326
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2015: $633,883
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2014: $665,676
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2013: $242,069

For all you playing at home, the funding tracker for the 24th is complete at $434,735. That's an $867,591 decrease from last year or a 66.6% decline in first day sales, making it the worst opening anniversary sale day since 2013

It's still unbelievable that there are enough fools to give them this much money. Bonkers !!

That's what I was thinking. I think the delusional backers at this point have taken to an all out fake information campaign about SC to get their friends and others to back, showing only the best game play clips, cinematics, and likely just blatantly lying about the state of the game. No one would honest back SC as a newcomer if they had done any research into the current state of affairs.

Sunk Cost Fallacy
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Greggy_D

« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2017, 07:34:38 AM »
Fucking idiots.  They deserve to lose every single penny.

lurker_404

« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2017, 11:49:29 AM »
The scaring thing is, from a PR point of view, CIG is focusing their narrative on the total amount of money that people have "given" during the past 6 years, the same way a charity operation will do. Also when I read morons "celebrating" each million as a milestone is .... disgusting.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2017, 11:56:44 AM »
Fucking idiots.  They deserve to lose every single penny.

Oh they will. They most definitely will. Just wait.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2017, 11:57:28 AM »
The scaring thing is, from a PR point of view, CIG is focusing their narrative on the total amount of money that people have "given" during the past 6 years, the same way a charity operation will do. Also when I read morons "celebrating" each million as a milestone is .... disgusting.

That's because those people are no longer funding a game. They're either funding a dream, or money laundering.

Motto

« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2017, 12:01:10 PM »
But will Chris walk away rich and live happily ever after?

David-2

« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2017, 12:04:59 PM »
But will Chris walk away rich and live happily ever after?

In some alternate universe where he really was a genius he would have hired a small crew to build a game while shoving 90% of the crowdfunded money into Bitcoin in 2013. 

(Hell, I wish I had done that with my pocket change back then.)

Aya Reiko

« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2017, 01:50:37 PM »
Here's the thousand dollar question;  How much of the new money is coming from CiG themselves?  It's become a well known tactic of crowd-funded projects for some devs to "invest" the money themselves to "get the ball rolling".

Motto

« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »
Unless Chris gave them the money to "invest back" into the game, I don't think anybody working at CIG right now would be dumb enough to spend even 1 penny on the company they work for. Those currently working there are either complete morons or just don't have an alternative (yet) to feed their families. If you can walk away from CIG, you do it. Instantly.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »
Unless Chris gave them the money to "invest back" into the game, I don't think anybody working at CIG right now would be dumb enough to spend even 1 penny on the company they work for. Those currently working there are either complete morons or just don't have an alternative (yet) to feed their families. If you can walk away from CIG, you do it. Instantly.
I don't mean the employees.  I mean the higher ups; CRoberts and those immediately under him.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2017, 03:31:48 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2017, 08:19:53 PM »

Soulmatic

« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2017, 09:06:53 PM »
A slightly different take on the visualization of the quarterly data.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2017, 09:24:17 AM »
Here's the thousand dollar question;  How much of the new money is coming from CiG themselves?  It's become a well known tactic of crowd-funded projects for some devs to "invest" the money themselves to "get the ball rolling".
This would be fraud.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk