Author Topic: PC Gamer - Best Space Games On PC  (Read 12581 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
PC Gamer - Best Space Games On PC
« on: September 09, 2017, 08:34:13 AM »
*MOVED*

So PC Gamer released the top space games and they didn't put the most important games on there, Freespace 1 and 2.  Seriously, how can that be missed?
I noticed the author basically just made space games very broad, effectively making games like Doom, Prey, Wolfenstein The New Order all games that can be considered as Space games.
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-space-games-on-pc/

What do you think ?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: PC Gamer - Best Space Games On PC
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:34:53 AM »
So PC Gamer released the top space games and they didn't put the most important games on there, Freespace 1 and 2.  Seriously, how can that be missed?
I noticed the author basically just made space games very broad, effectively making games like Doom, Prey, Wolfenstein The New Order all games that can be considered as Space games.
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-space-games-on-pc/

What do you think ?

We discussed this earlier in this thread. They didn't even include X-Wing, or Xwing vs Tie Fighter. Not sure if the writer is just too young to remember those, or if he ran out of word count.

It was a shitty article.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Moeis

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 06:11:48 PM »
That was weird, last night there were no threads in this section, now there is a lot.  Also when I posted my thread nothing came up, so i tried it one more time and again nothing came up.  Now I see you posted it for me, thank you.

Well that is what is really weird, cause he did include older games on that list, but he seem to have missed the most iconic games and included others that are flimsy at best as "space games"

But yeah, that whole list is terrible.

X-Wing would have been an excellent addition.  Unfortunately I never got to Xwing vs Tie Fighter, so can't make any judgement there.  Independence War 2 would have been another good one for that list.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 06:30:42 AM »
That was weird, last night there were no threads in this section, now there is a lot.  Also when I posted my thread nothing came up, so i tried it one more time and again nothing came up.  Now I see you posted it for me, thank you.

I posted in the board news section what happened. Was a dB glitch which I fixed.

And yeah, I-War2 should have made the list.

thejoyce

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 06:18:55 PM »
I honestly prefer using PS4 and Xbox or mobile device.  :lol:

wiskyblandi1

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 12:12:38 AM »
X-Wing popular spacecraft. And the most standard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk