Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1198604 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1680 on: November 25, 2017, 01:42:30 PM »
This one is just too funny  :D

Dear CIG, refunds are needed in 3.0.

So, now that shopping actually has more meaning in 3.0 and there is a much wider variety of what you can purchase as well as the fact that more people are probably going to be consistently playing 3.0, refunds are sorely needed in someway through your mobiglass or in-store.

I accidentally purchased an undersuit for 1k aUEC and didn't realize you only get the undersuit, not the entire armor set anymore (I was thinking prices were cheap for testing purposes). However, this made me want to put a thread out there to discuss needing a refund system with 3.0.

Perhaps, you only have up to 24 hours to refund your item you recently purchased? I'm sure there are many different ways to implement this quite easily........ just food for thought.

Refunding mechanism for in-game purchases   :lol:

That's so hilarious, I don't even know where to begin.  :vince:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1681 on: November 26, 2017, 01:07:45 AM »
Funny thing is that I am not seeing the usual "Just you wait 3.0 is here and it's the most awesomest super duper spacey shoot'em up pew pew game eveh'. They know it sucks.

What I did see is more videos from the major assclown Noobifier where he is hawking more Jpegs for concept sales. I'm thinking What the fuck, where is the outrage for this piss poor game? Where is his video showing the game as it is. Nope this guy is just another accomplice in this scam. While he may not be getting a paycheck he may or may not be getting things under the table "for promotions".

In any case I think the silence on 3.0 from the regular propagandists on You Tube screams FAILURE loud and clear. They won't show any footage, why? Probably because they cant get 5 minutes of footage without some major bug ending their game. Let's not mention that there is hardly anything worth doing.

Can't we just get to the good part of the story where the evil corporate empire that has fleeced it's willing ignorant victims of countless millions collapses. I know it will come.  Perhaps he will flee to North Korea. Somehow that would be fitting. He would fit right in. Corrupt, manipulative, exploiting those who depend on him.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1682 on: November 26, 2017, 10:13:57 AM »
Funny thing is that I am not seeing the usual "Just you wait 3.0 is here and it's the most awesomest super duper spacey shoot'em up pew pew game eveh'. They know it sucks.

What I did see is more videos from the major assclown Noobifier where he is hawking more Jpegs for concept sales. I'm thinking What the fuck, where is the outrage for this piss poor game? Where is his video showing the game as it is. Nope this guy is just another accomplice in this scam. While he may not be getting a paycheck he may or may not be getting things under the table "for promotions".

In any case I think the silence on 3.0 from the regular propagandists on You Tube screams FAILURE loud and clear. They won't show any footage, why? Probably because they cant get 5 minutes of footage without some major bug ending their game. Let's not mention that there is hardly anything worth doing.

Can't we just get to the good part of the story where the evil corporate empire that has fleeced it's willing ignorant victims of countless millions collapses. I know it will come.  Perhaps he will flee to North Korea. Somehow that would be fitting. He would fit right in. Corrupt, manipulative, exploiting those who depend on him.

Then we need to produce it to show it how it is...

nightfire

« Reply #1683 on: November 26, 2017, 01:30:08 PM »

I messaged a couple of YT gaming streamers I've subscribed to, who used to make a couple of videos on SC back in the day. Would have liked to hear their opinion about 3.0, if/when we could expect a new SC video etc. In response, ear-deafening silence from all directions.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1684 on: November 26, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »
Talk about Roberts putting the brakes on his own hype train. He silenced his supporters.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1685 on: November 26, 2017, 02:26:26 PM »

I messaged a couple of YT gaming streamers I've subscribed to, who used to make a couple of videos on SC back in the day. Would have liked to hear their opinion about 3.0, if/when we could expect a new SC video etc. In response, ear-deafening silence from all directions.

At this point, only the shills and the die hards give a shit about the game. For everyone else, it's DOA.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1686 on: November 26, 2017, 02:40:01 PM »
It's more DBD - Dead Before Departure

lurker_404

« Reply #1687 on: November 27, 2017, 03:38:35 PM »
 SC looks like a "Reversed Manhattan Project", the higher you are in the project hierarchy the less you know what you're doing :confused:

Motto

« Reply #1688 on: November 27, 2017, 03:45:04 PM »
Oh, it's gonna be even more fun. They're already talking about what will be in the Holiday live-stream special. Fandred (he's special) already knows it: We get a mission out of SQ42 to view. Yeah, sure, that's what they have ready now   :dance:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1689 on: November 28, 2017, 02:21:54 PM »

Well, I was right again. On Nov 22nd, I wrote that CIG had a plan to start selling land. Why would they do this?

So today they have started selling land. In a broken tech demo which has very little gameplay mechanics and NO gameplay loop.

As I said back then, I suspected they were going to do this, which is why they prioritized barren moons, then prematurely released 3.0 to PTU. I just didn't think they would be brazen enough to do it at this point in time. It's unbelievable.

Some people were saying they would actually do it today, but I was still skeptical as it would be completely insane. Just like when they released 3.0 to PTU.

This is all desperation. Here's the FAQ.

It starts at 10:43. Then at 28:00, watch as Chris and Erin banter as if they haven't been discussing this bullshit for months now.

UPDATE: Citizens aren't taking the news lightly. Meanwhile, over at /r/games where Shitizens have no power...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 05:46:11 AM by dsmart »

Motto

« Reply #1690 on: November 28, 2017, 03:03:46 PM »
What I am wondering, Chris knows he's fucked. He knows that quite some time now. Now in what scenario is getting even more money from backers to keep on running this scam a viable strategy? The more they sell, the bigger the cries to deliver what they sold. What possible means of getting away with this fiasco does Chris think he has? Is he shooting for a too big too fail scenario? If I hit the 200 million EA will have to buy me out?

randomness

« Reply #1691 on: November 28, 2017, 03:24:39 PM »
What I am wondering, Chris knows he's fucked. He knows that quite some time now. Now in what scenario is getting even more money from backers to keep on running this scam a viable strategy? The more they sell, the bigger the cries to deliver what they sold. What possible means of getting away with this fiasco does Chris think he has? Is he shooting for a too big too fail scenario? If I hit the 200 million EA will have to buy me out?

So he's basically hoping for a repeat of Freelancer?
Big publisher buys it, staples together a "game" from the current scraps, maybe puts in some of them sweet lootboxes, CR gets booted out for feature creep and delays and cries THEY RUINED MY DREAM AGAIN!!! :argh:" 

helimoth

« Reply #1692 on: November 28, 2017, 05:10:05 PM »
Feels like this land license sale has really pissed off a lot of shitizens. Can definitely sense a shift in the overall sentiment toward CIG and the project as a whole. I guess now it's opened the floodgates for all kinds of shit to happen; next they will be selling asteroids, warp/worm holes, stars why the fuck not. I think people are realizing that and putting their foot down.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1693 on: November 28, 2017, 05:57:01 PM »
He will sell the rights to name moons, nebulas, and plantets next.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1694 on: November 28, 2017, 08:19:01 PM »
And mining licenses. But I'm not in the least bit concerned, because none of this shit is ever becoming a reality.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk