Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1136618 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #870 on: August 22, 2017, 11:30:54 PM »
So, Day 1 of Gamescom was a huge succes! Even the funding chart doesn't believe Chris anymore. Just 2K more than yesterday. That's basically 5 morons buying the latest hype concept art picture. Maybe everybody is waiting until Friday's big presentation. Or maybe the end is very near  :smuggo:

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #871 on: August 23, 2017, 12:34:30 AM »
These "Backers" are so nice. NOT!

Who would want to be part of this community when one guy posts that he had better not see others playing 3.0 at the convention when the players don't have it or he will get a refund. The chorus of idiots join in and say (paraphrased) "lets report him" "force him out" " we will watch to make sure you make good on leaving" sentiments to their fellow backer. Total jackasses. At this point I would not be surprised to see him leave just so he does not get their shitty attitudes rubbing off on him.

With backers like this can they really wonder why this game is failing to attract many new backers? They used to turn my stomach, now they are even worse.

It's not as if Roberts is not running the ship into icebergs full speed ahead but the backers are tossing the babies into the ice water before the first life boat is loaded.

Save the game? With a rabid crowd like this? It could not happen.

I am waiting for the torches and the pitchforks to come out. They were fighting to decide if they were going to hang him or burn him alive for speaking such heresy. Perhaps they will agree to hang him and then set his body ablaze. Cooperation, a wonderful thing in SC. I bet they ask Roberts to make that a 3.0.1 feature. Why not, they already want human trafficking. It's a good thing that few people ever see the forums before joining.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #872 on: August 23, 2017, 05:25:13 AM »
Deep down, even the most faithful know that the project is FUBAR. They're just waiting to see how it ends, while reconciling how they are going to spin it when it all comes to the inevitable end.

Friday is going to be amazing. Wait.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #873 on: August 23, 2017, 08:25:25 AM »
https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DH7JS2bW0AAuPFD.mp4

Guys, there is no other way to say it, but even though the E.L.E is a gradual event that's been playing out for months now, I think today's GC2017 stream is clear evidence that the project is doomed. After one year, what they are showing/playing, is what they have of 3.0. As I said in my day 2 coverage, it boggles the mind.

Remember when I said this back on July 8th?

Once again, sources are telling me that the performance issues seen in the recent AtV broadcast (my analysis), are thus far insurmountable, and that they don’t know how this upcoming 3.0 patch (analysis of latest dev schedule) is ever getting released without that being addressed.

More talk about access to moons and planetoids possibly ending up being #justanotherlevel via a menu option.

Claim that if they were to release 3.0 within the “next 90 days”, that it would be an unmitigated disaster.

I hope they release it – at least to Evocati (so I can get my hands on it).

CryEngine is legendary for its performance issues in pure fps games. We’ve seen in the 2.6.x builds just how horrendous it can be with all these fidelitious models in it. Now go and add million plus polygonal planets.

But Chris Roberts is arrogant enough to release 3.0, regardless of performance issues, then advocate to backers that they should upgrade their machines to run it. Most of them probably will. The rest will put in for a refund.

And it doesn’t matter what state the deliverables are in, they’re just going off a checklist now in order to not run afoul of liability* issues. As long as they deliver an item promised, regardless of state or condition, they’re covered. That’s why Hangar, Arena Commander, Star Marine (LOL!!) and similar, aren’t getting frequent updates. In fact, the last 2.6.3 build was back on April 7th.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #875 on: August 23, 2017, 04:04:05 PM »
Please share this with your backer friends. If you love them, that is.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #876 on: August 23, 2017, 09:17:11 PM »
Knowing that they would ignore anything coming directly from here I copied the link to the Sunken Cost Fallacy YT video to the SC reddit page and some people started discussions. Then the little bitches took it down claiming that it did not have anything to do with SC. The problem is that it has everything to do with SC, that's why they took it down. A touchy lot over there.

Meowz

« Reply #877 on: August 23, 2017, 10:25:55 PM »
Please share this with your backer friends. If you love them, that is.

More than that someone needs to send this directly to CR and TZ!

Motto

« Reply #878 on: August 23, 2017, 10:55:46 PM »
Yes, Day 2 was a big hit! As expected, sales went through the roof. Another 58k, so the month of September is saved guys! Me thinks they're rigging the funding tracker to show an enormous spike on Friday following Chris' performance. Would be fun to see that spike after Chris really makes an ass out of himself on stage  :smuggo:

GaryII

« Reply #879 on: August 24, 2017, 01:40:40 AM »
Yes, Day 2 was a big hit! As expected, sales went through the roof. Another 58k, so the month of September is saved guys!

58k is small change for SC...will see how sales goes after +400$ chariot sale starts...then real money is coming for SC...
 I am really interested, will whales buy more after v.30 noshow...
 My prediction is they will...probably less that in previous years, but anyway quite a lot..
 Sure we can not believe CIG money counter, they may temper with it big time to show that everything is fine..     

Motto

« Reply #880 on: August 24, 2017, 04:29:05 AM »
Yes, Chris is taking a huge risc with delaying the concept sales until his big presentation. If they started selling it before showcasing that they have nothing to show for after more than a year's work, they would have gotten at least something. Now it all depends on Chris and what he can/can't demonstrate. But so far, even the fanboys are not exited about the stuff shown,

GaryII

« Reply #881 on: August 24, 2017, 04:40:25 AM »
Yes, Chris is taking a huge risc with delaying the concept sales until his big presentation. If they started selling it before showcasing that they have nothing to show for after more than a year's work, they would have gotten at least something. Now it all depends on Chris and what he can/can't demonstrate. But so far, even the fanboys are not exited about the stuff shown,

I think CR presentation is only hope to get them a lot of sales...so thats why +400$ chariot sale starts at the same day..
 They knew that v3.0 demo level wont generate a lot of hype...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #882 on: August 24, 2017, 04:49:48 AM »
Yes, Day 2 was a big hit! As expected, sales went through the roof. Another 58k, so the month of September is saved guys! Me thinks they're rigging the funding tracker to show an enormous spike on Friday following Chris' performance. Would be fun to see that spike after Chris really makes an ass out of himself on stage  :smuggo:

The tracker is bullshit. SEVERAL sources have said this. Sadly, the only way to prove it without getting sued or fired, is to wait for the lawsuits and/or State/Fed investigations which will give access to the financials, then compare against the historical tracker amounts. This is precisely why they refuse to make the financials available to backers, then after my legal threat, revised the ToS and removed that requirement completely (for new backers).

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #883 on: August 24, 2017, 04:51:04 AM »

I think CR presentation is only hope to get them a lot of sales...so thats why +400$ chariot sale starts at the same day..
 They knew that v3.0 demo level wont generate a lot of hype...

I agree. They are banking on Chris's presentation to spur the sales. But of course we're going to be tracking it closely.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #884 on: August 24, 2017, 05:22:58 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk