Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134522 times)

Dementropy

• Smarties
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 06:37:39 AM »
Don't worry. I'm certain the Evocati group will be getting their hands on 2.6 any day now, so they can work out all the bugs and save Christmas.

StarBallz

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 06:42:29 AM »
Of course this game will never be released. Just look at the loonies on their forums lying to themselves constantly that this will take time, like until 2021 or something insane like that. Nobody will want to play it by then, things will have moved forward, SC will only be remembered as that Video Games Hindenburg/Titanic. It will get that fame for sure.

ConfusedMonkeh

• Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 06:42:52 AM »
Don't worry. I'm certain the Evocati group will be getting their hands on 2.6 any day now, so they can work out all the bugs and save Christmas.

Not sure you should be so excited to play Star Marine. It looks like a reasonably generic FPS to me. IF you need it to save Christmas then I'd suggest reevaluating what Christmas means to you. But hey ho, not everyone likes spending time with their family I suppose. Each to their own.

ConfusedMonkeh

• Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 06:43:38 AM »
Of course this game will never be released. Just look at the loonies on their forums lying to themselves constantly that this will take time, like until 2021 or something insane like that. Nobody will want to play it by then, things will have moved forward, SC will only be remembered as that Video Games Hindenburg/Titanic. It will get that fame for sure.

Can I borrow your time machine please? There's a sports almanac I want to get my hands on...

StarBallz

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 06:45:20 AM »
Sorry, got the Sport Almanc already for myself...

ConfusedMonkeh

• Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 06:46:16 AM »
Pm me a scan of 2017 pages please. TIA.

AP

• Smarties
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 06:48:21 AM »
Sorry I asked if you were buying anything in the sales, I wouldn't have brought the subject up if I'd known you have concerns about funding.  I'm sure everything will be fine, can't wait to play Star Marine myself.

I'm not concerned about funding and you have nothing to apologise for.. Why are you so excited about Star Marine? Looked pretty generic to me. Pretty cool for a space sim but bland for an FPS game. May I recommend Battlefield 1, Titanfall2 or maybe even Call of Duty: Infinite warfare instead.

Glad you're excited for it though. Good for you.

You should read this, it's a great interview.

Star Marine: Bringing crowdfunding to a gun fight

Quote from: Chris Roberts
“It’s not [a] Call of Duty or Battlefield imitation,” Roberts tells Red Bull, when we ask him point blank how he and his team aim to out-CoD CoD. “We’re going for a different FPS experience from the Call of Duty or Battlefield insta-respawn, rushing, quick combat, quick shooting set-up. We really want the players to be invested in their characters, so when they get into FPS combat it should be more meaningful. The idea is to be more in the direction of a game like Demon’s Souls, where your character and life mean more to you, so you don’t want to get killed.

“We want to make sure that the combat that you get in Star Citizen isn’t just a dumbed-down version of an FPS. We also want to make sure our FPS has its own personality.”

ConfusedMonkeh

• Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 06:50:36 AM »
Sorry I asked if you were buying anything in the sales, I wouldn't have brought the subject up if I'd known you have concerns about funding.  I'm sure everything will be fine, can't wait to play Star Marine myself.

I'm not concerned about funding and you have nothing to apologise for.. Why are you so excited about Star Marine? Looked pretty generic to me. Pretty cool for a space sim but bland for an FPS game. May I recommend Battlefield 1, Titanfall2 or maybe even Call of Duty: Infinite warfare instead.

Glad you're excited for it though. Good for you.

You should read this, it's a great interview.

Star Marine: Bringing crowdfunding to a gun fight

Quote from: Chris Roberts
“It’s not [a] Call of Duty or Battlefield imitation,” Roberts tells Red Bull, when we ask him point blank how he and his team aim to out-CoD CoD. “We’re going for a different FPS experience from the Call of Duty or Battlefield insta-respawn, rushing, quick combat, quick shooting set-up. We really want the players to be invested in their characters, so when they get into FPS combat it should be more meaningful. The idea is to be more in the direction of a game like Demon’s Souls, where your character and life mean more to you, so you don’t want to get killed.

“We want to make sure that the combat that you get in Star Citizen isn’t just a dumbed-down version of an FPS. We also want to make sure our FPS has its own personality.”

So now you're confusing Star Marine's first iteration with how they want FPS to feel in the perma death PU?

Intelligence is a rare commodity around here it seems.

AP

• Smarties
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 06:54:16 AM »
If it helps the article is titled Star Marine and mentions Star Marine by name twenty times.

Roberts also points to Star Marine’s movement system, which will, he says, be another key difference for ‘traditional’ FPS players – and also present more of a learning curve. Roberts gives the example of player momentum. Like much of what we discuss about Star Marine, it feels like the first-person part of the game is being designed with the same, physics-first principles as Star Citizen proper.

Did you follow the right link?

ConfusedMonkeh

• Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 06:56:47 AM »
Read your own quote. 'Invested in your character'. Chris was talking about the PU.

AP

• Smarties
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 07:05:49 AM »
Read your own quote. 'Invested in your character'. Chris was talking about the PU.

This seems odd to me considering the article says "Roberts is talking about Star Marine", the 20 odd references to "Star Marine" and the lack of a single mention of PU or persistent universe.

Thank you though, I expect you must be right.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 07:12:53 AM by AP »

ConfusedMonkeh

• Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 08:24:54 AM »

This seems odd to me considering the article says "Roberts is talking about Star Marine", the 20 odd references to "Star Marine" and the lack of a single mention of PU or persistent universe.

Thank you though, I expect you must be right.

Either way we are diverging, why are you so excited for it being released? Why can't you wait for it? It looked reasonably generic to me. What looks so exciting about it to you?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:29:07 AM by ConfusedMonkeh »

AP

• Smarties
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 08:31:52 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U

I like the holograms the EMP grenades and the fighting in zero g looks awesome.  Also actually read the piece I linked it sounds great.

ConfusedMonkeh

• Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 09:04:13 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U

I like the holograms the EMP grenades and the fighting in zero g looks awesome.  Also actually read the piece I linked it sounds great.

I read the article 18 months ago when it came out. Back when the illfonic work was good. You are a cheeky monkey linking the old video. That stuff will come in time and the latest demo showed people floating in zero g and firing guns, so that will be there too in some form. There's no need to attempt to hoodwink me with faux positivity. I've read enough of the SA thread to recognise your name and the MO of this group of internet denizens. I'm here to exchange views because I enjoy it. No need for the bait attempts.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 09:10:25 AM »
My thoughts are, you're full of poop Mr. Smart.

Monkeh, I am not going to have this same tired old argument with any of you. I am posting only to say that if you can't be civil, you will be banned, IP blocked, and all your forum posts deleted.

This is not Reddit. We're not going to up/down vote and hide dissenting opinions.

If you can't be civil, stop posting.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk