Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134302 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #660 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »
Gorf is back!

And Shitizens are having a meltdown. Again.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:45:09 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #661 on: July 19, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »
Since some Shitizens have started that bullshit about how backers voted to increase the scope of the game back in 2013, I thought I'd pull this one out again.

Poll: Additional Stretch Goals

“That’s the third time you’ve posted the same link to the same poll, disregarding points raised that the poll data doesn’t show any consensus or agreement in any of the options, since not even a simple majority agrees on any one option despite each participant being allowed to select 3 options. Members of the active SC community were given 3 votes each and still failed to put any of the options above 40% support, which suggests that there is no majority support from the community for any of the expansion options.

If anything, giving people 3 choices each instead of 1 should have made it easier for any one option to hit 50%, but that still didn’t happen. All this shows is that CIG polled the community and then promptly disregarded the results, opting to proceed with their own plan instead, and certainly doesn’t support your assertion that the changes were voted and agreed upon by the community.”
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

mixalot

« Reply #662 on: July 20, 2017, 10:54:52 AM »
Derek, what happened to that report you did about CIG already blowing through $250 mil+ of backer and investor funds?

Can that be verified somehow so the SC cult can be put in their place once and for all?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #663 on: July 20, 2017, 11:58:15 AM »
Derek, what happened to that report you did about CIG already blowing through $250 mil+ of backer and investor funds?

Can that be verified somehow so the SC cult can be put in their place once and for all?

I did no such report. A source sent me an analysis (which ofc I can't share) that showed they had blown through almost $285M.

And something like that isn't going to put anyone in their place because those guys would care either way.

StanTheMan

« Reply #664 on: July 20, 2017, 04:22:40 PM »
Someone needs to put this guy straight .. another lamb to the slaughter 

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6ojugm/thinking_about_buying_star_citizen_but_i_have_a/

Doomfrost

« Reply #665 on: July 21, 2017, 10:11:34 PM »
The sooner this game burns to the ground the better, it's just a shame that it has lasted this long. Also appreciate what you're doing Derek in exposing this hilarious mess of a project. Your blogs are informative and entertaining, keep it up.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #666 on: July 22, 2017, 04:56:18 AM »
Someone needs to put this guy straight .. another lamb to the slaughter 

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6ojugm/thinking_about_buying_star_citizen_but_i_have_a/

At this point, anyone putting money into Star Citizen - or any game - without doing the research first, only have themselves to blame. We can't tell people what to do with their money. All we can do is show why putting money into this game is a bad idea, and that they ought to wait until it's completed. The full game was funded back in Nov 2014 to the tune of $65M. They are at $155M, still no game, and not even 15% of the way there. So, all the evidence is there that this game - as pitched - is never getting made.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #667 on: July 22, 2017, 04:57:31 AM »
The sooner this game burns to the ground the better, it's just a shame that it has lasted this long. Also appreciate what you're doing Derek in exposing this hilarious mess of a project. Your blogs are informative and entertaining, keep it up.

It's lasted this long because a group of backers, stuck in Sunk Cost Fallacy, have convinced themselves that they only way to save it, is to keep throwing money at it, hoping that CIG eventually gets there. They won't.

Motto

« Reply #668 on: July 22, 2017, 05:11:33 AM »
But even with SCF, I still don't get it. What is it that makes these people think/believe that this in the end will finish/succeed? Do they so desperately want this game because no other (current) space game has what they want? Is it that they think they're a part of the inner circle of true believers of a game that will make the name of CR last longer than Julius Caesar, Albert Einstein and Leonardo da Vinci combined? Are they hoping that with all their ships and stuff they will have a headstart when the game officially launches so that they'll be masters of this universe?

I just don't get it. The signs that this game is never ever going to be finished are all over the place. Why don't they just get a refund and buy with other credentials just one ship to be there just in case. What makes them believe that there still is a chance? How stupid can you be?

Of course, when this all collapses, it'll be because of Derek. If he hadn't started this war on CR, they now would be playing the BDSSE EVER! I don't think any of them will be able to see the plain fact that Derek was right all along. As I said before, I'm seriously expecting several backers committing suicide when this collapses.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 05:14:34 AM by Motto »

Ghostmaker

« Reply #669 on: July 22, 2017, 07:02:46 AM »
But even with SCF, I still don't get it. What is it that makes these people think/believe that this in the end will finish/succeed? Do they so desperately want this game because no other (current) space game has what they want? Is it that they think they're a part of the inner circle of true believers of a game that will make the name of CR last longer than Julius Caesar, Albert Einstein and Leonardo da Vinci combined? Are they hoping that with all their ships and stuff they will have a headstart when the game officially launches so that they'll be masters of this universe?

I just don't get it. The signs that this game is never ever going to be finished are all over the place. Why don't they just get a refund and buy with other credentials just one ship to be there just in case. What makes them believe that there still is a chance? How stupid can you be?

Of course, when this all collapses, it'll be because of Derek. If he hadn't started this war on CR, they now would be playing the BDSSE EVER! I don't think any of them will be able to see the plain fact that Derek was right all along. As I said before, I'm seriously expecting several backers committing suicide when this collapses.
Why do people believe in things that aren't true? That's a question as old as the Pharaohs, my friend.

But yeah, they'll be screaming about how it would've been wonderful, if it hadn't been for that pesky Derek Smart! Yeeeaaargh!

The ones that commit suicide, though, I suspect will be the ones that poured WAY more money into this game than it was worth. I backed the Battletech Kickstarter at the $125 level, which was a bit much but I really wanted the hat and the banner :D But that's pocket change compared to the lunatics that poured $10,000 or more into SC. THOSE are the people who're going to need to be on a suicide watch.

Motto

« Reply #670 on: July 22, 2017, 09:16:11 AM »
It's not believing in something that has no proof, like in god (I don't understand people who believe in (a) god too for that matter). It's just that here is so much overwhelming evidence that there are so many things wrong with SC/CIG that you have to be an utter moron to not see that. Are people really that stupid?

BigM

« Reply #671 on: July 22, 2017, 09:42:57 AM »
It's not believing in something that has no proof, like in god (I don't understand people who believe in (a) god too for that matter). It's just that here is so much overwhelming evidence that there are so many things wrong with SC/CIG that you have to be an utter moron to not see that. Are people really that stupid?

The answer is yes, you will always run into a few people that can't see the truth when people are yelling scam with actual evidence. Hell look OJ got off even though we all seen the evidence showing he was guilty as sin!

Ghostmaker

« Reply #672 on: July 22, 2017, 09:46:14 AM »
"If something seems too good to be true, it probably is."

And yet people still get scammed in the most stupid ways. Worse, because nobody likes to ADMIT they were scammed, people will often dig in and argue about it.

StanTheMan

« Reply #673 on: July 22, 2017, 06:54:39 PM »

Watch this .. then you will understand a little bit more..  it is pretty good.

Motto

« Reply #674 on: July 23, 2017, 03:30:19 AM »
Thanks. However, I don't think I'm interested in learning why some people choose to believe in fairy tales. As long as they leave the rest of the world alone and not try to make everyone obey by their rules. Oh, wait... that's my main thing with religion. Any religion for that matter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk