Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134773 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #180 on: December 14, 2016, 05:29:44 AM »
This is hilarious. 2.6 in action

https://fat.gfycat.com/HealthyUniformLadybird.webm

Derek this is not 2.6, it is the current PU. Please if your going to post things like this at least make sure it's correct.

You should know this is from the 2.5(PU) considering you have access to the PTU as you yourself said.

Pay attention. That shit still happens in 2.6 because, like most of the 2.5 bugs, it's still in there. That's why I tagged it as 2.6, seeing as that's the current patch build.

ps: Did you notice the UI by any chance?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2016, 05:40:20 AM »
My own thinking is simple.

Starting with an experienced team and a working toolset (yes, the engines were improved) it took Rockstar 5 years and $140million to develop GTA5.
CIG started with a botched engine, a small inexperienced team, no working toolkit and want a game grander in scope and scale.

I think they have wasted time and money. I think they should have gone with a custom engine once their vision and funding expanded. But having to develop the toolkit needed to develop the game would obviously slow them down. (Whether they needed to do so is another question)

So...if we assume the toolkit is now effectively finished (barring issues such as the netcode) then where CIG are NOW is probably equivalent to where Rockstar were in Year 2 of GTA5s development.

Not true.

And nobody cares about whatever reasons or excuses there may be.

Comparing this dev team to any other is a non-starter; simply because, like in the case of GTA, those devs already have the experience to develop - and ship - a massive game.

With all their money, CIG neither has the talent, nor the experience to do any such thing. Thus the money being thrown at the problem ends up being wasted.

I have been in game dev for over 30 years; I know a lot of devs, both indies and triple-A; so I can tell  you with absolute certainty that the comparison is pointless and without a shred of merit.

And no, you can't assume that they engine toolset is finished, because you're not seeing any gameplay mechanics, let alone any aspect of the world being fleshed out. Heck, is was just this past Oct we saw a fake procgen planet - and they clearly said that it's not finished, and they don't know how much - if any - of that tech would ever make it into the game. How did you arrive - in Dec - at the conclusion that the toolset is finished? Heck, they're still screwing around with FPS, UI etc and as 2.6 shows, the netcode remains untouched.

As I wrote in my scoop post from yesterday, this whole year, and $36 million later, they've done fuck all in the general scheme of things. In fact, it's painful to even try and reconcile that amount of money, when you look at how much money crowd-funding in total raised in 2016. They are well on track to raise almost 50% of what all of crowd-funding did in 2016.

I have no reason to believe that they have somehow turned a corner and that, 2, 3, or 4 years, they stand any chance of completing, let alone delivering this game. SQ42, maybe. But the minute they release that, if it's not stellar, they're fucked. But it won't matter anyway since they were already paid in advance for all of this.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 05:54:27 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Kyrt

« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2016, 06:50:32 AM »
And nobody cares about whatever reasons or excuses there may be.

Quite true. The point however is that they do not appear to be simply stringing the backers along. There are reasons for the delay....

A better managed team might have mitigated the delay. Better choices earlier in development made have sidestepped some problems entirely.

But as a player....I will judge the game when it is released. Not before. I'm not silly enough to back this game for a JPG file as you say.

With all their money, CIG neither has the talent, nor the experience to do any such thing. Thus the money being thrown at the problem ends up being wasted.

Which is what I've stated. You cannot expect the same speed of development from the CIG team because other teams are larger, better resourced and working with viable and complete toolkits and engines.

CIG has only reached a similar size in the past couple of years. They've had to essentially write or heavily modify their own tools. They've done so while engaging in a fairly large PR campaign...videos and conventions included.

We cannot expect the same speed of development as seen with other teams.

And no, you can't assume that they engine toolset is finished, because you're not seeing any gameplay mechanics, let alone any aspect of the world being fleshed out. Heck, is was just this past Oct we saw a fake procgen planet - and they clearly said that it's not finished, and they don't know how much - if any - of that tech would ever make it into the game. How did you arrive - in Dec - at the conclusion that the toolset is finished? Heck, they're still screwing around with FPS, UI etc and as 2.6 shows, the netcode remains untouched.

I'm not concluding their work on their toolsets is finished. As you point out, their planet generator is still v1 and while their engine has been heavily modified, there is still work to be done on it.

At the same time, the toolkit they have appears workable. The engine has been heavily modified. A lot of the necessary work has been done.

Granted, a lot of that work likely shouldn't have been necessary but still, it appears to be well in hand.

I have no reason to believe that they have somehow turned a corner and that, 2, 3, or 4 years, they stand any chance of completing, let alone delivering this game. SQ42, maybe.

The question I am curious about is whether CIG can continue funding the game for the next three or so years. Is development going to continue?

Now maybe CIG has spent more money than people suspect. Maybe their expenses are greater than assumed.

But if their funding keeps up...can they continue to develop the game? Yes.
Given enough money to keep their developers developing, is there any technical issue they could not solve? Probably not.

Yes...they are squandering money to do so. Yes....their team size and experience leaves much to be desired. Yes...progress on the game...so far...has been slow.

You've pointed out a number of problems and issues with the game, CIG and CR. They strike me as reasonable issues that need to be dealt with.

But you also keep saying that CIG can't deliver the promised game. They've admitted that. That they've shown little progress to date. Which is true...but also understandable. That they keep missing release dates....which is true but which is also about the worst they've done. That the crowdfunding has issues...true.

So....given the need to modify the engine and create their tools and their continued change of direction as their vision expanded and changed, is the progress we've seen to date "reasonable"?  I'd say it slow....but reasonable.

You work in the industry so that gives you a different insight. But as I see it....CIG has problems. And progress is slow. Slow...not nonexistent.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2016, 07:53:38 AM »
Quite true. The point however is that they do not appear to be simply stringing the backers along. There are reasons for the delay....

Shirley you jest. Or are you talking purely in terms of why there are delays? Because, by all accounts, most of what they have been doing is specifically stringing backers along.

CIG has only reached a similar size in the past couple of years. They've had to essentially write or heavily modify their own tools. They've done so while engaging in a fairly large PR campaign...videos and conventions included.

That's all largely irrelevant because they are the creators of their own problems. There is no hand-waving that away. Just because they are having problems, doesn't mean it's somehow a plausible excuse for where they are. And the people doing the PR campaign, have nothing to do with development. So I don't see how that even factors into anything. We're not talking about an indie shop whereby, someone like me writes code, talks to media, writes up dev posts, go through marketing periods etc. So the PR bears no relevance to the dev work being done.

We cannot expect the same speed of development as seen with other teams.

Nobody cares. And that's not what the issue is about. Backers expected the games. Back in Nov 2014; and with an 18 (!) month delay period. Both have come and gone.

Nobody was looking at the development and thinking that because they're not as big or as experienced as other teams, that they couldn't pull this off, let alone in any meaningful period of time. That's a very silly argument to make, let alone commit to writing.

To wit: They have raised almost $140 (!) million and still somehow can't make an FPS component with an engine designed specifically for making FPS games. And to think they were asking for only $5 million.

So had they folded back in 2014, the excuse would have been that they needed more money for the vision; but since they didn't have it, they couldn't deliver it.

What most people aren't even willing to consider here is, what would have happened if the money had dried up by Dec 2014 when they had only raised $40 million? Clearly Vision 2.0 hadn't changed by that point; and even with $40 million the best they had was the rubbish and buggy pre-Alpha 2.0.

I'm not concluding their work on their toolsets is finished. As you point out, their planet generator is still v1 and while their engine has been heavily modified, there is still work to be done on it.

At the same time, the toolkit they have appears workable. The engine has been heavily modified*. A lot of the necessary work has been done.

Granted, a lot of that work likely shouldn't have been necessary but still, it appears to be well in hand.

Explain to me, with cited sources, how you arrived at that conclusion. Especially seeing the state that 2.5 is in, the fact that - as I type this - 2.6 isn't faring any better, and 3.0 is still pipe dream. Notably the fact that there is nothing in either 2.5 or 2.6 that points to ANY of what you said above.

* I wrote about that here based on what Brian Chambers said.

The question I am curious about is whether CIG can continue funding the game for the next three or so years. Is development going to continue?

Now maybe CIG has spent more money than people suspect. Maybe their expenses are greater than assumed.

But if their funding keeps up...can they continue to develop the game? Yes.

That's what financials are for. When you consider that in 2015 alone, a single studio (F42) burned through over $20 million - almost half of the entire 2015 funding, coupled with the fact that with neither of the two games completed, and at the current studio levels they are going to be operating in the Red if they can't raise over $30 million a year, you have your answer.

And that's why they are still trying to raise funds. If the funding - at the current level - stops, they simply can't finish the game. Do you really believe that somehow they have money in reserves to do that? Not to mention the fact that even with all that money, that studio still has debts (!).

Given enough money to keep their developers developing, is there any technical issue they could not solve? Probably not.

Sorry, but no that's not how that works. Not in ECON-101, not in GAMEDEV-101. Throwing money at a problem isn't a solution. Clearly this has already been proven by the mere fact that they asked for $5 million for the games; then got $140 million - and still aren't even 15% of the way there. Heck, even 4.0 which croberts says is coming in Q4/17, isn't even 25% of the game promised. And that was when 3.0 was coming in Dec 2016. By all accounts, one would expect to see 3.0 in Q4/17 because they have no choice now but to focus on shipping SQ42 in the first part of 2017.

The biggest issue, aside from wasteful spending an wanton incompetence, is that they don't have a SINGLE person at ANY of the studios who has ANY experience building large games, let alone one of this scope. And when you're stuck in R&D, as well as learning process, the result is precisely where the project is atm.

You've pointed out a number of problems and issues with the game, CIG and CR. They strike me as reasonable issues that need to be dealt with.

They can't be dealt with because the project is headed by someone who, while his family and buddies are getting rich, is driving the project into the ground.

Are they making a game? Yes, of course they are. That's not the issue. The issue is that due to all the mistakes, wasted time and resources etc, they have now hit the wall whereby there is no longer the money required to complete the game. There is no way they are going to have another 2-3 years, and another $100 million to make the game. Back when I said that, with the right talent, the vision 2.0 game would cost about $150 million, I was actually being conservative. Here we are. And anyone who thinks that SQ42 is going to generate the funds needed to keep it going, in concert with backer money from Star Citizen, is a fool who isn't paying attention.

But you also keep saying that CIG can't deliver the promised game. They've admitted that. That they've shown little progress to date. Which is true...but also understandable. That they keep missing release dates....which is true but which is also about the worst they've done. That the crowdfunding has issues...true.

Right. Which goes back to paying $100 for a $10 box without a lid.

So....given the need to modify the engine and create their tools and their continued change of direction as their vision expanded and changed, is the progress we've seen to date "reasonable"?  I'd say it slow....but reasonable.

Sorry, but after a year and $30 million, if all they have to show for it are bug fixes, a glorified shop for buying pants, a new base, and some ships (from previous years) made flyable - that's not progress when you consider the scope of work that's still left to be done. Then they went and resurrected Star Marine of all things. It's just filler because without it, their 2016 performance looks even worse. And from what I've seen and played of 2.6, it's going to be quite evident that even with $140 million, all they could come up with was a cookie-cutter FPS component that is no better than any of the many FPS games you can find on Steam Early Access. Heck, anyone who has even played something like Angels Fall First, can attest to that specific point of fact.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 08:12:35 AM by dsmart »

Kyrt

« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »
Shirley you jest. Or are you talking purely in terms of why there are delays? Because, by all accounts, most of what they have been doing is specifically stringing backers along.

Has the game been delayed time and time again? Yes. And yes...in that sense, they are stringing things out.

The reasons provided however...inferred and explicit...seem *mostly* reasonable. Even many decisions...such as that wrt the hame engine...which turned out to be flawed were arguably reasonable (to some degree) at the time those decisions were made.

You might raise questions about it, but even you say S42 using CryEngine was doable. Personally...I still think that if CIG made a decision to rewrite CE3 to the degree they did, they'd have been better off just scrapping CE3 entirely and developing a custom engine. But maybe they didn't think they could justify scrapping even more work at the time.

Given the need...no, desire...to develop new tools and refine the engine, the slow progress and delays seem excusable. I'd have preferred better management....better planning...to avoid all this extra work.

As it is...yes, there have been delays. But so long as the explanation behind those delays seems reasonable, most backers will accept that. That is what they backed...a game free from the pressures and demands of a publisher from a company willing to take the time to "do things right".

As it is....SC has been under development for 5 years now. 1 year of that before kickstarter. And after Kickstarter...it took a little time for them to select CE3,  fiddle with it, see the crowdfunding still going on, see that they could switch from the promised S42 to the way SC is now planned, realise CE3 wasn't suitable, decide they still didn't have enough money to develop a custom engine and decide to modify CE3 while setting up other studios and failing to communicate properly with their third party contractors.

I can rationalise away such a sequence of events and justify the slow progress shown so far. I can at the same time realise that CIG likely wasted a huge amount of time and money in that first year or so.

What would be unacceptable is if there are other reasons for the slow progress.  What would be unacceptable is if the progress we have seen to date is little more than a facade. What would be unacceptable is if CIG had a policy of slowing down patch releases so they can hype up ship sales.

It wouldn't surprise me, but the little I know of development suggests that IF CIG has spent a lot of time modifying their engine and creating their toolkit and dealing with third parties and so on...that suggests that the progress seen to date is acceptable.

Again...yes. A lot of money wasted. A lot of time wasted in the first few years. A good number of bad decisions made. Poor management. Poor Communication.

I can see lots of issues with SCs development and funding model.

None of which actually bothers me  because I'm not one to buy a digital asset of any kind, least of all for a game that might never release.

I'll back the game by buying it...six months after release, when the hype has died down, only when I can get an unbiased review and only if its good.

Nobody cares. And that's not what the issue is about. Backers expected the games. Back in Nov 2014; and with an 18 (!) month delay period. Both have come and gone.

I agree...nobody cares. The explanations CIG have provided are acceptable and the backers...for now...are willing to give CIG the time and money they need.

CR got more money than planned...expanded his vision...and that resulted in a need to modify the engine and create tools they didn't possess. Which resulted in delay after delay after delay. Planned for 2014...2015 at the latest...neither S42 (the original vision) nor the expanded SC has been released. Neither shows any sign of being close to ready.

And few who back the project seem to care it is late. At the minute anyway. There is enough open discontent that CIG need to release something soon. 2.6 and even 3.0 will only hold the dam so long.

To wit: They have raised almost $140 (!) million and still somehow can't make an FPS component with an engine designed specifically for making FPS games. And to think they were asking for only $5 million.

Well...Illfonics FPS components was apparently cancelled abd scrapped. The SM we see in 2.6 would thus be the result of a years development internal to CIG.

As for the money...yes. A lot has been wasted. Nor do we know how much has been spent, or on what. And CIGs refusal to follow up on transparency is poor

So had they folded back in 2014, the excuse would have been that they needed more money for the vision; but since they didn't have it, they couldn't deliver it.

If they hadn't had the money for the vision, they could've produced S42 using the CE3 engine as originally planned. A lot of the issues here appear to be arising simply from the feature creep CR engaged in when the money went to his head.

Explain to me, with cited sources, how you arrived at that conclusion. Especially seeing the state that 2.5 is in, the fact that - as I type this - 2.6 isn't faring any better, and 3.0 is still pipe dream.

2.5 is in an Alpha state...2.6 SHOULD be out on Friday (or have they delayed it again?)...and neither of us is in any position to judge 2.6 or 3.0 until they are released. And even then...Alpha.

Your arguments have been enough to convince me CIG is in trouble. That it has wasted cash and time. That its development of SC is slow and so on.

What your arguments have not done is provide convincing proof of anything other than you think the game will never be released. That you think they have insurmountable issues because you can't see workable solutions.

That's what financials are for. When you consider that in 2015 alone, a single studio (F42) burned through over $20 million - almost half of the entire 2015 funding, coupled with the fact that with neither of the two games completed, and at the current studio levels they are going to be operating in the Red if they can't raise over $30 million a year, you have your answer.

Without seeing the financials, it is impossible to decide the running costs of F42. $20 million is a lot of money but how much of that was one off costs? At $140 million raised, CIG are also averaging $35 million a year. And they likely have a buffer on top of that in case funding drops.

Unless the reports are complete frauds, CIG are likely going to be around for another few years. 

You might argue that these reports are complete frauds. You might argue that CIG has squandered more money than has been estimated..that their buffer is low or gone. And you might be right. Certainly their recent cash drives do give some indication you might be correct

I can certainly agree there has been waste and poor communication/management.

But none of that says CIG are in serious financial troubles right now, or that they are on the verge of bankruptcy. We can also surmise that they'll be able to shed developers in Frankfurt once the engine is working to their satisfaction. we might even posit that their CE license might allow them to profit by licensing their modifications to other games or that possibly S42 might release in 2017 to open up a new revenue stream.

You say you have sources that lead you to your conclusions. I don't have access to those. And CR does appear willing to throw money at the game, solving what strike me as petty issues such as bullets cone from the barrel.

As it is...so long as CIG keep getting people to fund the game, they'll be able to keep developing it

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2016, 10:11:46 AM »
You might raise questions about it, but even you say S42 using CryEngine was doable. Personally...I still think that if CIG made a decision to rewrite CE3 to the degree they did, they'd have been better off just scrapping CE3 entirely and developing a custom engine. But maybe they didn't think they could justify scrapping even more work at the time.

I said it was doable for the ORIGINAL game that they pitched back in 2012. Not the Vision 2.0 behemoth that it evolved to.

It wouldn't surprise me, but the little I know of development suggests that IF CIG has spent a lot of time modifying their engine and creating their toolkit and dealing with third parties and so on...that suggests that the progress seen to date is acceptable.

Don't confuse "understandable" with "acceptable". They are different.

Well...Illfonics FPS components was apparently cancelled abd scrapped. The SM we see in 2.6 would thus be the result of a years development internal to CIG.

Actually that's not true - at all. And there is nothing seen in 2.6 Star Marine which is the result of a years development. Aside from the fact that - this whole year - nothing of SM was even seen in ANY of their broadcasts. And Chris went on the record as saying that the SM people were clamoring for, was already being played in the PU. Did you somehow miss that? Then, end of the year, out of nowhere, there it was again. The maps, weapons, characters etc were all there before and are pre-existing assets. From what I know, what they did is akin to taking FPS components (weapons, characters, levels) built in one engine and using them in another engine. They're just assets. And they already had FPS components working just fine in the PU. It's not like they're going to write a new different FPS component for SM, thus having a totally different one in the PU. That would be like having a ship in AC being different in the PU. That's not how that works.

2.5 is in an Alpha state...2.6 SHOULD be out on Friday (or have they delayed it again?)...and neither of us is in any position to judge 2.6 or 3.0 until they are released. And even then...Alpha.

2.6 is supposed to go out to the PU on Friday. Which, if they do make it, means that it went from dev -> QA -> Evocati -> PU (live) without any additional PU testing like they normally do.

What your arguments have not done is provide convincing proof of anything other than you think the game will never be released. That you think they have insurmountable issues because you can't see workable solutions.

Speculation, opinions and analysis don't require proof (which is conclusive). They require common sense, trends, and analysis of the data at hand.

Without seeing the financials, it is impossible to decide the running costs of F42. $20 million is a lot of money but how much of that was one off costs? At $140 million raised, CIG are also averaging $35 million a year. And they likely have a buffer on top of that in case funding drops.

What does the running costs matter? What's relevant is that it was spent. Also, when you consider the size of that studio, it's easy to see how the money was spent. And whatever one off costs there are can't even be a fraction of that because those tend to be on the low end since it's mostly furniture, equipment, software etc. Did you actually take a look at the 2014 financials? Probably not. And when the 2016 financials are filed by end of the 2017, then we'll know for sure. In fact, once the parent company files, we'll have a lot more data that even the 2014 and 2015 filings didn't show.

You say you have sources that lead you to your conclusions. I don't have access to those.

I said no such thing. Sources are totally different from analysis derived from observing data and trends. All a source does is provide insight that serves to either confirm or dispel whatever is being speculated or opined.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2016, 11:22:10 AM »
My fans at CIG worked my name into the Star Citizen latest lore in an anagram (Derek Tamras). Too bad they killed the post though

Meanwhile over there, several threads have come and gone regarding this.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:29:08 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2016, 11:28:11 AM »
This is the most hilarious thing to me. So the other day I received a Quora notification about a Star Citizen question someone wanted me to answer. So I answered it. I even tweeted about it. Yet somehow, the tribe on /r/ds are having a fit trying to understand why I would write anything "positive" about the project. That just goes to show how far off left field they are, whereby they can't reconcile the fact that someone can still be truthful and objective, while at the same time having a dissenting opinion. Yet they wonder why we make fun of them incessantly. It beggars belief.

Lir

« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2016, 08:25:45 AM »
Hello,

Well, back at the OP, my thoughts are still the same :

_ Chris Roberts is a megalomaniac fool, absolutely incompetent at beeing manager of anything. He's the kind of fraud you find at any Cult head. A good talker.
_ Sandi Gardiner is a delusioned actress who found a way with this project to try beeing someone in the field . She has shown she's clearly one of the poorest actress ever seen, but on other hand we discovered how smart she was at using scam , brainwash and aggressive sales technics. She knows how to sell shit to people that's for sure.

I dunno much about the other execs, but maybe that some are genuinly thinking they are building something.
On other hand I have no doubt a good share of them are also drawn into the cult SC has become, and are totally unable to think the bigger picture outside of CIG's world.
And as for all the other employees, contractors, I do hope they know where they are and are actively seeking for a new place to go at.

This project has been full scam for quite some times now, this is why I find useless to talk about it like it was some developpers making a game. This is why I can't anwser anymore to the people trying to extrapolate with what CIG said and what they *may* be working on.

When this thing collapses and it will, one thing is for sure , it won't be some game company collapsing, it will be something else.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2016, 08:46:54 AM »
So who remembers back in Aug 2015 when they made all these promises for v1.2. Didn't happen. Then they rushed out and went straight to a hurried and buggy 2.0 just in time for the year end backer stripping.

Go ahead, take a look at that 1.2 list of promises and count how much of that has actually made it into ANY build. That was over a year ago.

somedude

« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2016, 08:59:40 AM »
Hello,

Well, back at the OP, my thoughts are still the same :

_ Chris Roberts is a megalomaniac fool, absolutely incompetent at beeing manager of anything. He's the kind of fraud you find at any Cult head. A good talker.
_ Sandi Gardiner is a delusioned actress who found a way with this project to try beeing someone in the field . She has shown she's clearly one of the poorest actress ever seen, but on other hand we discovered how smart she was at using scam , brainwash and aggressive sales technics. She knows how to sell shit to people that's for sure.

I dunno much about the other execs, but maybe that some are genuinly thinking they are building something.
On other hand I have no doubt a good share of them are also drawn into the cult SC has become, and are totally unable to think the bigger picture outside of CIG's world.
And as for all the other employees, contractors, I do hope they know where they are and are actively seeking for a new place to go at.

This project has been full scam for quite some times now, this is why I find useless to talk about it like it was some developpers making a game. This is why I can't anwser anymore to the people trying to extrapolate with what CIG said and what they *may* be working on.

When this thing collapses and it will, one thing is for sure , it won't be some game company collapsing, it will be something else.

Sandi is an arrogant, money hungering b*** that has chased away many employees, including Wingman and Eric and has 0 talent in anything. She cant even do the marketing right. the only thing that keeps selling jpegs is the hope of the game being released and CR's lies. I really do believe she is nothing but a detriment to the whole project.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2016, 09:08:13 AM »
They're all going down. It's inevitable and there is absolutely NO WAY around it. Like at all.

Meanwhile Shitizens still don't get how my plan works; even though I tend to use my social media posts as cited links in my blogs and statements. It's uncanny to me that people can be so dumb as to ignore the obvious. Kinda like my Quora response to Star Citizen (over 1300 views to date) which has them in knots over on /r/ds because somehow they can't reconcile why I would even respond, let alone in the manner that I did. Because somehow, they are of the opinion that I want to turn people away from the project, watch it burn etc, this despite the fact that since it's pure and utter shite, my sole purpose is to have people try it for themselves, see that I'm right, then either run far away, or tell their friends to get a refund or run away. And those who do try and like it enough to spend money on it, will be part of the rage machine down the road when the collapse comes.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:24:01 AM by dsmart »

somedude

« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2016, 10:27:33 AM »
They're all going down. It's inevitable and there is absolutely NO WAY around it. Like at all.

Meanwhile Shitizens still don't get how my plan works; even though I tend to use my social media posts as cited links in my blogs and statements. It's uncanny to me that people can be so dumb as to ignore the obvious. Kinda like my Quora response to Star Citizen (over 1300 views to date) which has them in knots over on /r/ds because somehow they can't reconcile why I would even respond, let alone in the manner that I did. Because somehow, they are of the opinion that I want to turn people away from the project, watch it burn etc, this despite the fact that since it's pure and utter shite, my sole purpose is to have people try it for themselves, see that I'm right, then either run far away, or tell their friends to get a refund or run away. And those who do try and like it enough to spend money on it, will be part of the rage machine down the road when the collapse comes.

tbh, anyone buying into SC at this point, with all the information available, deserves getting shafted. I stopped putting in money at the end of 2014 cause the signs where there even then...

Darklegend1

« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2016, 10:33:09 AM »

tbh, anyone buying into SC at this point, with all the information available, deserves getting shafted. I stopped putting in money at the end of 2014 cause the signs where there even then...

well thanks to their false advertising that shows game is coming "this" year very soon makes new backers drop some cash in form of starter packs but they soon realize the fact and stop pouring more money into it. but in this world there will always be some morons who have more money than brains and thats CIG's target audience and they are and will thrive due to them. :sandance: :sandance:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2016, 12:26:28 PM »
I posted my holiday stream predictions earlier this morning on SA

My 5 predictions:

• croberts will recite, then write a cringe-worthy missive asking for money, making excuses, making new promises for 2017
  • 2.6 will be delayed; and if they are smart, pushed into 2017. the schedule will be updated to reflect this
  • they will play 2.6 Star Marine on local LAN because doing it across the internet - the environment it was designed for - is shite
  • no meaningful SQ42 reveal - of any kind
  • no meaningful 3.0 reveal - of any kind

BOMBSHELL BONUS: They won't mention anything about i) no money to finish the game ii) on-going Federal investigations, iii) the fact that quite a few key team members have either recently left or have put in their notice (Dec being their exit month) to leave, iv) they are going to be down-sizing the studios in 2017

ps:

As of Dec 16th, with 2.6 still MIA and 3.0 still a pipe dream, these are the major releases this year since 2.0

v2.0 (patch notes), Dec 12, 2015
v2.1.0, Jan 15, 2016
v2.2.0, March 4, 2016
v2.3.0, March 26, 2016
v2.4.0, June 9, 2016
v2.5.0, Aug 25, 2016

And during this period, these are ALL the Star Marine updates. Yet, here we are, over a year later, and they still can't get it working.

AUGUST 22ND 2015
AUGUST 29TH 2015
SEPTEMBER 19TH 2015
OCTOBER 23RD 2015

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk