Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1136651 times)

Spunky Munkee

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1755 on: February 02, 2018, 10:36:37 PM »
I thought they were between Stagnation and Crisis.

Bubba

« Reply #1756 on: February 03, 2018, 03:24:23 AM »
If you read the text associated with it, you'll see that the graphic is from 2015, and is called "a little premature".

N0mad

« Reply #1757 on: February 03, 2018, 03:52:45 AM »
Ok guys, so what will be the next big surprise concept to go on sale?

A few thoughts: all the ship roles have effectively been filled already by multiple ships. The move to ground based concept sales makes sense since planets were new in 3.0 and I'm not sure they've exhausted all the possibilities quite yet. Letting players buy different shelters / bases seems a tad dull, especially since land claims aren't scheduled to be worked on until Q4 2018 - which almost everyone takes to mean "some time at the end of 2019". So my money goes on more elaborate ground vehicles being the new "surprise, we need more cash, please buy this now" Jpeg sale. Since Chris just steals all his ideas from movies / other games, then maybe some sort of walking battle-mech type thing, or even an Avatar style giant exo-skeleton battle suit?

helimoth

« Reply #1758 on: February 03, 2018, 04:06:23 AM »
Ok guys, so what will be the next big surprise concept to go on sale?

hand gliders or some kind of gliding suit. can see rsi smashing together some shitty video showing shitizens jumping from a ship in low orbit and gliding down to a planets surface without the ship - presumably for waiting ground vehicles which they will ride off into the sunset or underneath the arc formed by a jumping sandworm. who knows.

shitizens will cream their shit over it and start talking about how it will be the best way to get footsoldiers down on to a planets surface quickly to protect a mining operation or idk. due for release 2025

krylite

« Reply #1759 on: February 03, 2018, 04:24:25 AM »
so called "inspired" by star wars when he rips off every other sci-fi movie and game concept. more to come like sandworm "thumpers", and weirding boxes, moisure suits. spice cigars sold at their display shops. effects of the cigar enable "boosted" senses and weirding powers like see-thru walls fps, and walking through walls which ptu can already do via bugs.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1760 on: February 03, 2018, 08:09:26 AM »
I'm calling it now. Jetpacks are coming.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1761 on: February 03, 2018, 08:38:24 AM »
I've been doing my part for sometime to help them with new ideas for money, posted this one back in the beginning of January. I have been saving all my posts just to see if they would use them. I have a lot more saved posts of my brain storming sessions  on how they can increase funding.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 08:42:08 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1762 on: February 03, 2018, 09:07:25 AM »
LOL!! That's some epic trolling, right there  :laugh:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1763 on: February 03, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »
LOL!! That's some epic trolling, right there  :laugh:

:lol: thank you I believe they are desperate for new funding. So while back I starting posts with new funding ideas constantly. I wanted to see how desperate they are based on if any came to fruition.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #1764 on: February 03, 2018, 03:52:20 PM »
:lol: thank you I believe they are desperate for new funding. So while back I starting posts with new funding ideas constantly. I wanted to see how desperate they are based on if any came to fruition.

Nicely done good sir.

I still dream though about getting people to whisper into CRoberts ear that he needs voxel based mining and custom atmospheres to match Space Engineers or Stationeers.

N0mad

« Reply #1765 on: February 03, 2018, 04:06:39 PM »
Nicely done good sir.

I still dream though about getting people to whisper into CRoberts ear that he needs voxel based mining and custom atmospheres to match Space Engineers or Stationeers.

Voxel based mining would be fantastic - imagine what would happen to the frame rates when all the clients start to receive voxel object updates from every mined asteroid on the server.

You just know Chris wants to do this.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1766 on: February 03, 2018, 04:18:58 PM »
The new device willl be a tunneling machine. Then you could make your extensive underground shelters that would be impervious to attacks.

helimoth

« Reply #1767 on: February 04, 2018, 03:49:30 AM »
Just a bit of harmless theorycrafting here;

You might have read in some of the tabloid newspapers today about gary oldman being accused by his ex-wife that he was physicallly abusive to her. obviously this is just something written in a newspaper but in light of various scandals that have seen high profile hollywood actors be brought down by accusations of wrongdoings and subsequently any project they are involved with potentially being in danger of being tarred with a dirty brush if they don't disassociate with them; I wonder if in this context this kind of event could play a part as being an ELE for SC. for sure SC is well passed the point of reshooting the mocap for a different actor and being able to hastily write an actor in/out of the game. perhaps in addition to the funding being like the dwindling sand in the SC hourglass, a each day that passes without the games release is another day where one of their actors could have a career-ending trip through the newspapers.

Bubba

« Reply #1768 on: February 04, 2018, 07:19:32 AM »
If the stories around the 2001 divorce are all that's against Oldman, that's a non-factor.

As far as money-raising schemes go, CIG can start taking tips from the Airline industry:
A) Priority Boarding: Order the ship from your Mobiglass, and go immediately from the Wankpod to the Airlock, reducing your exposure to space pirates.
B) Lounge Access: put a special room on spaceports, running the latest pay-for-view behind-the-scenes CIG videos and with expensive bottles of simulated whisky. Charge for that.
C) Extra cargo allowance. Halve allowable the cargo of all ships, and charge a fee to unlock the extra space.

N0mad

« Reply #1769 on: February 04, 2018, 07:23:25 AM »
Just a bit of harmless theorycrafting here;

I seriously doubt anyone in the media is talking about Gary Oldman's role in in the upcoming Squadron 42 - even Gary himself. Chris Roberts is doing a good enough job of destroying Star Citizen by himself, he doesn't need any help.

I'm pretty sure that when SC does collapse it will be a) sudden and b) make it into a lot of mainstream news outlets - the collapse of the biggest crowdfunded project ever will be big news.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk