Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134641 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #315 on: January 18, 2017, 06:00:06 PM »
are they giving out refunds now?? i have only 60$ tied but was ok with it as i thought i would get something eventually but now i think its a waste of even 60$...lolwill get escape from tarkov instead. :laugh:

oops sorry. hit "modify" instead of "quote"

Yeah, refunds are still happening. They have no choice. And for that amount of money, you won't get any resistance I don't think. So better go for it.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Stan

« Reply #316 on: January 18, 2017, 06:52:43 PM »
Have to give ScruffPuff credit, he wrote a great post that hits on all major points. He went a little far with "getting the boot from Microsoft, getting blacklisted from Hollywood, and fucking a witch" but really I understand why he said it. Backers are starting to see the light and understand one thing they hate to admit, Smart was right!

Be interesting to watch the next move by Roberts and Sandi! Clearly, they must be a little worried they could end up in prison for the fraud they been throwing at these backers. Looks like we are in the home stretch and something will end up going BOOM ver soon.

No he didn't.

Stealing $140 mil from gamers went a lot too far.   

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2017, 07:02:16 PM »
This is what a studio with $140m and no game, is doing with the money. They have a makeup artist. For a video segment

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Stan

« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2017, 07:27:10 PM »
This is what a studio with $140m and no game, is doing with the money. They have a makeup artist. For a video segment

There is a Fluffer under the desk too !

Darklegend1

« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2017, 11:03:49 PM »
are they giving out refunds now?? i have only 60$ tied but was ok with it as i thought i would get something eventually but now i think its a waste of even 60$...lolwill get escape from tarkov instead. :laugh:

Yeah, refunds are still happening. They have no choice. And for that amount of money, you won't get any resistance I don't think. So better go for it.

Refund request sent to CIG lets see what their reply will be :supaburn:.

helimoth

« Reply #320 on: January 19, 2017, 03:07:24 AM »

we're back to spend more of your cash on stuff non-related to game development. we even hired a person to try make chris look better on camera - tee hee

Daz

« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2017, 03:40:15 AM »

Refund request sent to CIG lets see what their reply will be :supaburn: .

"Are you sure?" "Please watch this video / wait for patch X" "Are you really, really sure?"

Then you say yes and they send you money.

Darklegend1

« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2017, 05:49:35 AM »

Refund request sent to CIG lets see what their reply will be :supaburn: .

"Are you sure?" "Please watch this video / wait for patch X" "Are you really, really sure?"

Then you say yes and they send you money.

I believe they will send video to view as you say . they will not say wait for patch coz they themselves now know that 3.0 is dream and they cant ask me to wait for it coz i will ask so when is it coming and they wont be having any answer again.. Coming Soon™ :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2017, 02:46:09 PM »
So they refactored the AtV format again.

Published on Jan 19, 2017
Around the Verse returns with a new format that focuses on specific aspects of the game rather than one particular studio. Chris Roberts and Sandi Gardiner host this week’s show, which features a look at the work that went into the new and improved pirate swarm in Alpha 2.6

When nobody wants to go on camera so they later get attacked, or when you're downsizing and have no studios to showcase, you downsize the shows first.

Entire show - about nothing (Pirate Swarm is already an old - old - feature). And still nothing about 3.0, the schedule, or SQ42.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:48:46 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2017, 03:19:03 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #325 on: January 19, 2017, 03:24:34 PM »
$5K Star Citizen whale decided to bail. Foolishly he posted his reasons on RSI forums. They deleted it. Reddit version.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »
Wow, this Anantech thread is still going, and is currently 31 pages long

Darklegend1

« Reply #327 on: January 20, 2017, 10:50:01 PM »
hahaha was reading the new production schedule and saw this there

"Some tasks may require further QA, bug-fixing and iteration.

Tasks that delay beyond our target dates might cause the release of 2.6.1 to be delayed, or might be excluded from 2.6.1 if appropriate to maintain the release date target."

:wtchris: what do you think guys .. BACKER MILKING HAS COMMENSED.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Scruffpuff

« Reply #328 on: January 21, 2017, 08:36:28 AM »

Tasks that delay beyond our target dates might cause the release of 2.6.1 to be delayed, or might be excluded from 2.6.1 if appropriate to maintain the release date target."

:wtchris: what do you think guys .. BACKER MILKING HAS COMMENSED.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What I like about this is all the false progress.  If there is no feature list for a release, and/or you can simply omit whatever you want to release by the target date, then what are you releasing?

The incremental version numbers mean absolutely nothing if they're not obligated to put anything in them.

Yet the faithful still point to "2.0, 2.1, 2.2" etc. as evidence of progress, for no other reason than a number went up.

The main obstacles to this project (off the top of my head, the fact that the engine doesn't work, as a minor example) are not getting chipped away in any meaningful sense.

CIG is trying to build a flying car like in Back to the Future, and they're pointing to the regular gasoline vehicle that's "coming together nicely" as evidence of their progress.  In their minds, making it fly with antigravity lifts is "like, the last 1% of the project.  We're 99% of the way there!"

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #329 on: January 21, 2017, 09:55:25 AM »

What I like about this is all the false progress.  If there is no feature list for a release, and/or you can simply omit whatever you want to release by the target date, then what are you releasing?

The incremental version numbers mean absolutely nothing if they're not obligated to put anything in them.

Yet the faithful still point to "2.0, 2.1, 2.2" etc. as evidence of progress, for no other reason than a number went up.

The main obstacles to this project (off the top of my head, the fact that the engine doesn't work, as a minor example) are not getting chipped away in any meaningful sense.

CIG is trying to build a flying car like in Back to the Future, and they're pointing to the regular gasoline vehicle that's "coming together nicely" as evidence of their progress.  In their minds, making it fly with antigravity lifts is "like, the last 1% of the project.  We're 99% of the way there!"

That's basically it. Also, no matter what they list as coming in a patch, they can walk it all back, not release any of it, but instead substitute some items e.g. backers are expecting planets in 3.0. I won't hold my breath.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk