Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134531 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2017, 10:11:59 AM »
So Ben Parry was on the Open House stream after I left. This segment is him talking about my posting that Ali B had left.

This despite the fact that it was Ali B who changed his own social media profiles to reflect the change.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/821434931968700416

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2017, 10:46:12 AM »

So who wants to claim $5K on my behalf, and donate it to charity?

Chris Roberts clearly stated that 3.0 was planned to come out end of year; and not on Dec 19th, as with 2.0

I wrote about that over here. Excerpt:

Chris Robert's statements on video (@ 23:36).

Chris Robert's video statement transcript:

“..so, it’s our big end of the year release. er so er yeah, so we’re gonna get it out the end of the year; hopefully not on December 19th but, er, like last year….but it is a big one, so, not making er, I got shot for making promises, but er, that’s our goal.”

It takes a special kind of talent - and stupidity - to twist that into "oh no, he didn't promise 3.0 at all end of 2016"

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:52:00 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Darklegend1

« Reply #332 on: January 27, 2017, 04:08:15 AM »
great news guys i just got my refund in my bank by RSI :woop: . I am quite happy i got out of this in time.
Thanks Mr Derek and all of you.

ripptide

« Reply #333 on: January 27, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »
great news guys i just got my refund in my bank by RSI :woop: . I am quite happy i got out of this in time.
Congrats! Feels good to be free again, no?  :)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #334 on: January 27, 2017, 02:31:33 PM »

Outstanding!! Don't forget to post over a https://reddit.com/r/StarCitizen_Refunds/

Lir

« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2017, 04:01:09 PM »

Congrats !
Welcome back to the bright side. No croberts could ever troll you anymore now.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2017, 08:35:26 AM »
OK, now that's a rant.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:59:44 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #338 on: January 30, 2017, 05:51:06 PM »
We have new charts from our chart guy, boviscopophobic

I'll use data from this January since CIG has graciously refrained from having major sales events that corrupt the statistics.

These are the raw* hourly incomes over the past week. You can see that there are peak hours straddling the midnight GMT boundary, but there is noise that obscures the pattern a bit. You can also see that random $10000+ spike which is not, despite what one might think, actually a Wing Commander pack (unless store credit was used) and a probable War Pack ($5000).

These are the smoothed high-res income data over the same week. It's a bit easier to see the 24-hour cycle here since the noise is smoothed out.

Finally, this is the average income per hour for the first four weeks of January. The big peak is 20-21 GMT, but I'd say 20-0 or 1 GMT are usually pretty busy hours. It's not really clear what that means; it could indicate Germans who are arriving home from work, Californians on lunch break, East Coasters buying ships at work, people on disability with erratic sleep schedules, ...

*) The hourly incomes are actually interpolated from time points that aren't sampled exactly on the hourly boundaries.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #339 on: February 01, 2017, 11:53:06 AM »
Oh, this is great. One of the top ranking Shitizens has posted his E.L.E criteria. Which is hilarious, since that's our roadmap as well.  :laugh:

nightfire

« Reply #340 on: February 01, 2017, 01:12:53 PM »
Oh, this is great. One of the top ranking Shitizens has posted his E.L.E criteria.
If I understand the OP's logic correctly: to maintain guaranteed access to funding, an aspiring company simply needs to

* stay independent and steer clear of publishers
* achieve a critical size beyond "funded by family and friends" status

Now the world's governments and the IMF did bail out major banks and countries like Greece. But I refuse to believe that CIG already falls into the same category of "too big to fail"… they might eventually get there though if people don't watch out :rolleyes:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #341 on: February 01, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »
Oh, this is great. One of the top ranking Shitizens has posted his E.L.E criteria.
If I understand the OP's logic correctly: to maintain guaranteed access to funding, an aspiring company simply needs to

* stay independent and steer clear of publishers
* achieve a critical size beyond "funded by family and friends" status

Now the world's governments and the IMF did bail out major banks and countries like Greece. But I refuse to believe that CIG already falls into the same category of "too big to fail"… they might eventually get there though if people don't watch out :rolleyes:

Funny thing is, that's the same "too big to fail" mentality they have going on, which is why they keep throwing money into a dumpster fire  - even as they ignore the fact that they're just stuck in Sunk Cost Fallacy and Cognitive Dissonance.

nightfire

« Reply #342 on: February 01, 2017, 09:09:34 PM »
Funny thing is, that's the same "too big to fail" mentality they have going on, which is why they keep throwing money into a dumpster fire  - even as they ignore the fact that they're just stuck in Sunk Cost Fallacy and Cognitive Dissonance.
I'm so curious to see how this will play out. My gut feeling tells me that they will hit bedrock in every direction during the course of this year, given the technical dead ends they've maneuvered themselves into. However, with the seemingly steady influx of fresh, uninformed and unscathed buyers replacing the exhausted backers who refund and leave, this money generator might work for longer than we think.

On the other hand, I would imagine that even the die-hardest enthusiasts must inevitably realize that the delays are not coming to an end, while other space sims with less promises, but "completed, tested and available now" appeal are hitting the market again and again.

Out of interest… apart from the hourly funding statistics, is there any public data for ship trades? Since many backers seem to believe that ship prices tend to rise, transaction prices of trades among users could be seen as an indicator of confidence in the future of the game. Has anyone tried to gather and consolidate such data, similar to to the funding data?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #343 on: February 02, 2017, 05:38:44 AM »
I think that it will be a sudden controlled collapse, instead of a slow burn.

Also, we don't have metrics on ship sales as there is no data to pull from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #344 on: February 02, 2017, 08:00:27 AM »
Another day, and more stolen art found in Star Citizen. Seriously, this is getting out of hand now, right?

Someone made a GIF showing the watermark in the stolen image

Meanwhile, over there....

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:44:16 PM by dsmart »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk