Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1266245 times)

ChrisIhao

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1500 on: October 07, 2017, 09:51:29 AM »
Well. One down. Approximately 635 to go!

106 announced systems, according to the stretch goals, times 6 landable planets/moons for each system, just to have a generous average. Minus one. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1502 on: October 08, 2017, 08:31:47 AM »
Meanwhile, over there, I wrote this.

Quote from: ManofManyAliases" post="477167684
It's about who submits the most bug reports and confirmations in the issue council. But, believe what you want to.

So going by the list of Evocati (official CIG list), and this guy, GameKrap being in it, and only having 7 issue council submissions (latest is 15476, most recent 43364) to date, that's a pretty low bar. By that bar, judging by the 3000+ bugs currently in the list, of which the average backer has reported more than 7, there should be more people in Evocati.

It's bad enough that a bunch of gamers gave CIG $160M to make 2 games. They turn around and lock builds behind an NDA and accessible to only a select few. Yeah.

Because you know, that screams "open development".

Then they come up with a new and inventive plan to SPY on the same backers who gave them all this money, by adding a shoddily implemented visual watermark to a game backers already PAID for, and to which they're entitled. Because you know, nothing screams LEAK! like a bunch of unbelievers posting screen shots and videos of the train wreck that the project has become.

And going by the number of obvious bugs in the 3.0 Evocati build, one would think that a company with $160M of other people's money, would have a well staffed QA team, or outsource it to professionals. But that would mean spending money wisely.

Yet, back in Nov 2016 when I wrote Croberts basically went on stage, lied, and made up a bunch of shit, and I later wrote this:

3.0 status: sources say all are still laughing at this one. It simple does NOT exist as was communicated to backers. It was basically a wishlist of items they wanted to see in a point release; and which Roberts when on the record (again) as saying was coming by “year end, and not on Dec 19th like last year“.

....you were one of several (some are still parroting the same bullshit) saying that I was talking shit, that my sources were fake etc.

Then the first 3.0 schedule dropped in April 2017, and I was proven to be right.

And then, just like that, 3.0 became the "Baby Jesus Patch" in which, last I checked this weekend, over 75% of what is in the leaked changelog doesn't even exist in the build, the tech is still shit, performance is in the crapper, netcode is worse than ever before, and they're about to add a pile of more bugs to the 3000+ strong list.

But don't worry though, Derek Smart lied when he said "3.0 didn't exist"; Evocati are now playing it! Checkmate Goonie!

Basically, 3.0, when it drops, is going to be just another buggy release with 1000+ more bugs to add to the list.

But don't worry though, 6 years later, it's still pre-alpha. I'm sure they will get their act together soon. Pledge moah!

The fucking project, just as I predicted in the 2015 July Blog, is fucking dead. Only the fucking morons still giving CIG money, don't know it yet.

UPDATE: Added Evocati list link
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:37:52 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1503 on: October 10, 2017, 05:07:32 AM »
For some reason, this oldie but goodie popped up in my Google Alerts notification.

Here was Derek Smart's predictions for CitizenCon 2015
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1504 on: October 10, 2017, 12:35:14 PM »
I re read this piece and the shame is that 70 million dollars later... pretty much nothing has changed. The Escapist retracted its stance and took down the article but 70 million dollars later and the gamer has not improved much, still buggy as can be, a real shit show. They are doomed. The cultists must know this. Only the mentally ill would still believe this game will be released as promised.

Motto

« Reply #1505 on: October 10, 2017, 04:30:50 PM »
And they're using the 3.0 to hold off on refunds now. They're not saying you don't get them, they're saying officially you're not entitled, but we'll look into it after we're done with all the hectic that 3.0 is, so we'll start looking into this in a couple of weeks. That sounds promising  :cripes:

So, assuming that nobody at CIG actually believes that once bakers have seen/played with 3.0, they'll stop asking for a refund, what's going on? Out of money already? And stretching it until Shitizen Con so they have enough cash again? Although that would assume CIG from actually thinking that Shitizen Con will make them money again. My bet is that it'll be an even worse event than GC17 was. Shitizen Con will only increase the number of refund requests...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:08:05 AM by Motto »

Greggy_D

« Reply #1506 on: October 10, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
As I wrote on the refund sub:

If these are all real, it is obvious they are stalling for the CitizenCon whale windfall. The ponzi is disintegrating.

premiumnugz

« Reply #1507 on: October 10, 2017, 06:42:17 PM »
I'm not sure about the US but under EU law they legally can't do that... "we are busy right now" means you hire more staff to deal with refunds, not tell people they will have to wait a few weeks. Someone needs to report Foundry 42 to Trading Standards in the UK who will come down on them with the full force of EU and UK law like a tonne of bricks.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1508 on: October 10, 2017, 08:48:42 PM »
DS warned that this was coming. I'm surprised that they are refusing refunds now this even though 3.0 is not yet out. It's good that the warning is here, hopefully people file for their refunds and if a ruling comes out they might get their refunds.

Well DS gave the warning months ago. If these former cultists failed to heed the warnings and didn't get to the lifeboats soon enough that is a shame. The Titanic will suck down many cultists in it's demise.

They should have figured this out long ago. I hope they get their refunds but I hope even more the Chris Robbers winds up crushed and destroyed by CIG's inevitable collapse after scamming so many. Homeless under a bridge underpass collecting soda cans after a prison stint and a divorce. I guess I don't like him too much.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1509 on: October 10, 2017, 08:55:19 PM »
DS warned that this was coming. I'm surprised that they are refusing refunds now this even though 3.0 is not yet out. It's good that the warning is here, hopefully people file for their refunds and if a ruling comes out they might get their refunds.

Well DS gave the warning months ago. If these former cultists failed to heed the warnings and didn't get to the lifeboats soon enough that is a shame. The Titanic will suck down many cultists in it's demise.

They should have figured this out long ago. I hope they get their refunds but I hope even more the Chris Robbers winds up crushed and destroyed by CIG's inevitable collapse after scamming so many. Homeless under a bridge underpass collecting soda cans after a prison stint and a divorce. I guess I don't like him too much.

It's curious that shortly after my latest article went live, I made this Tweet. Next thing you know, there's a flurry of refund rejected posts coming up. I am looking into it.

You can still get a refund. Do it before the window closes cuz they ARE going to stop giving them. $3K refunded

Bubba

« Reply #1510 on: October 12, 2017, 05:04:07 AM »
Translation of that note, legit or not:

Paragraph 1: According to our latest TOS, you have fourteen days to request a refund. It's past fourteen days.
Paragraph 2: BS about progress, probably going to the latest TOS version that refunds are only valid if "RSI has ceased development"
[aside: I do love this BS in the TOS: "In consideration of the promises by RSI hereunder, you agree that, following the Cancellation Period, you shall irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any Pledge that has been used for the Game Cost and Pledge Item Cost in accordance with the above." -- translation: you gave them money, they gave you a bunch of promises. That constitutes a valid contract*, whether or not those promises are empty.]
Paragraph 3: You agreed to TOS that we could sell you promises.
Paragraph 4: Or maybe you didn't, but we're busy. We'll get back to you.

I can't imagine any company sending something like this to their creditors and still making payroll. They're probably hoping that most of these refund requests will just go away. If they really are sending these out, the end can't be far behind.

Edit: *A valid contract in their eyes. Your jurisdiction may differ, especially when looking at Promises as Consideration, when that promise includes the explicit statement that the promising party need not honor the promise. What is the value of an illusory promise?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:29:21 AM by Bubba »

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1511 on: October 12, 2017, 11:40:38 AM »

It's curious that shortly after my latest article went live, I made this Tweet. Next thing you know, there's a flurry of refund rejected posts coming up. I am looking into it.

You can still get a refund. Do it before the window closes cuz they ARE going to stop giving them. $3K refunded
Here's the funny thing, they can't do that if the user is from the EU.  CiG would still be obligated to give a refund if the user demands it (under certain conitions).

Motto

« Reply #1512 on: October 12, 2017, 11:53:29 AM »
To be able to refund, you do need to have the money. Paying back refund requests is the last thing they'll do when they're strapped for cash.

N0mad

« Reply #1513 on: October 12, 2017, 12:30:10 PM »
I can't wait until CitizenCon (assuming they haven't gone bankrupt before then).

I'd imagine that this is their last chance to keep the show on the road for another year - if they can do something really amazing then they can distract all the zealots from the horror that is 3.0 and get them hyped on 4.0 instead. As I understand it, GamesCom is about recruiting new players (which was a disaster), but CitizenCon is about making huge sums of cash from the Whales. I'm sure that the much discussed GameChanger ship will put in a very expensive appearance.

Should be interesting.

Motto

« Reply #1514 on: October 12, 2017, 12:43:33 PM »
It is a vague sign too that there isn't much wooha about 3.0. They are trying to keep all the negative away from the public, but if 3.0 really was over the moon (haha) CIG and Evocati alike would be screaming all over the Internet, NDA or not. The deafening silence since the release of 3.0 basically says it all.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:56:51 AM by Motto »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk