Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 281220 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen Breaking News
« Reply #570 on: September 02, 2020, 10:05:43 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #571 on: December 29, 2020, 12:08:41 PM »
I just stopped by to see who else thinks this is all my fault :)

It’s now 5.5 yrs since I wrote that July 2015 blog saying this was never going to be a thing – ever. Going into 2021, that’s a total of 10 years in dev.

Who remembers back in 2018 after they sold 10% of the company and CR said SQ42 was totally going into Beta in Q1/20? Sources said it was all lies; and I even wrote a blog saying specifically that.

As for the 2019 financials? Well, take a look.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #572 on: December 29, 2020, 12:20:13 PM »
From the LftC: A New Roadmap: Progress, Priorities, No More Promises, More Insight  :emot-laugh: :emot-laffo:

concern

« Reply #573 on: December 30, 2020, 12:54:37 AM »
It's all getting a bit stale, isn't it. Everyone has moved on.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #574 on: December 30, 2020, 02:36:11 AM »

Yeah most have, there are the die hards who are determined to go down with the ship, and a steady stream of new rubes getting hooked in. They are in a war of attrition now trying to keep new whales coming in to cover the loss of the old ones giving up.

CIG will expand to spend whatever money comes in though so it will always be a struggle.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #575 on: January 05, 2021, 12:52:06 PM »

Yup, pretty much. It's only good for a sneer every now and then.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #576 on: January 18, 2021, 10:16:02 PM »

Very true, they continue to keep the faithful going with surprisingly so very little. They just posted a meme laughing and ships bouncing in the hangars as cool but are unable to admit the most basic issues.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #577 on: January 21, 2021, 12:04:23 PM »
Very true, they continue to keep the faithful going with surprisingly so very little. They just posted a meme laughing and ships bouncing in the hangars as cool but are unable to admit the most basic issues.

It's what they've always done - and it works. So why change? They know they have saps for backers.

jwh1701

« Reply #578 on: January 21, 2021, 02:57:12 PM »
It's what they've always done - and it works. So why change? They know they have saps for backers.

Very true but I keep thinking the delays lack of content would have at some point manifested into larger backlash. I should re-imagine some scenes in Idiocracy with startcitizen plashed everywhere in my editor.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #579 on: March 18, 2021, 12:10:33 PM »
Found this from the refunds sub:

https://www.firesprite.com/news/2021/03/cloud-imperium-games-and-firesprite-unveil-development-partnership-for-star-citizen-multiplayer-mode/

A contractor has been brought in to work on ToW, presumably as they have a chance of releasing something when at arms length from CR and the development hell of the CIG studios. Interesting when ToW was originally sold to the backers as something that would not cost a lot of money, and would not take a lot of development resource.

This combined arms mode will continue to see iteration and development to help progress Star Citizen’s and Squadron 42’s combat, and future tests will expand beyond the closed Evocati group to eventually include players in the Public Test Universe.

So no mention of dates, but it could be another Ilfonic episode :laugh: It shows that they are moving more work away from the incompetent CIG to other companies that have a better chance of delivering. But it also suggests that their expenditure is rising at least in line with their income to do this.

jwh1701

« Reply #580 on: March 18, 2021, 08:57:29 PM »

Aya Reiko

« Reply #581 on: March 18, 2021, 11:47:07 PM »
Found this from the refunds sub:

https://www.firesprite.com/news/2021/03/cloud-imperium-games-and-firesprite-unveil-development-partnership-for-star-citizen-multiplayer-mode/

A contractor has been brought in to work on ToW, presumably as they have a chance of releasing something when at arms length from CR and the development hell of the CIG studios. Interesting when ToW was originally sold to the backers as something that would not cost a lot of money, and would not take a lot of development resource.

So no mention of dates, but it could be another Ilfonic episode :laugh: It shows that they are moving more work away from the incompetent CIG to other companies that have a better chance of delivering. But it also suggests that their expenditure is rising at least in line with their income to do this.
A game mode being made by a dev with virtually no experience in the genre it's in.  And the closest thing they have done is something virtually nobody has heard of, much less touched.  This is going to end well...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #582 on: March 19, 2021, 10:30:43 AM »
We knew about this over a year ago. Odd how they're only announcing it now.

ps: Yeah, it's going to be a disaster

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #583 on: March 19, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »
My official response to the ToW farce

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1373002261392146434?s=20

Meanwhile over there

DemonInvestor

« Reply #584 on: March 20, 2021, 04:16:45 AM »
Making such cooperations publics to me only sounds akin to pump'n'dump cooperation news.
But i'm a jaded asshole in such regards who only asks who wins more by that - a small studio with their biggest accomplishment being former Psygnosis devs, or the big studio without anything under their belt who solely survive on make believe...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk