Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 285815 times)

N0mad

Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2017, 02:02:15 PM »
BREAKING!! Several sources have confirmed that 1) CIG is NOT planning to show SQ42 during this month's stream and 2) if they do change this plan, that it will NOT be a live play through, but yet another movie trailer.

:supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn:
Is this part of your super secret news, or is there more to come in 2 weeks ?

DemonInvestor

« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2017, 02:06:11 PM »
@Derek
Guessed you might have thought about it, because at least some people in the public are saying you might make unspecified statements, just to retroactively fill them with some random bad happening.
So it's not really about scoops or anything, but more about disproving people who claim such.

Funnily enough it wouldn't really matter if you were doing a psychic trick (in making propable unspeficif predictions people might retroactively read as specific) as the propability part is what matters to me of your messages. And so far your predictions seem quite fitting, and the timeframe of when you said something was going to happen was more on point than Roberts predictions upon when SC would hit certain development stages.

nightfire

« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2017, 03:46:43 PM »

Super secret news will be ready when it's ready. I don't mind the wait, because the worst thing that could be released now is a tweet storm that's laggy and doesn't scroll smoothly without major framerate issues or disappearing tweets. I want Derek to have as much time as he needs to polish this update.

Motto

« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2017, 04:01:52 PM »
You can fix those Tweet issues if you buy them in JPEG form from Derek. They are now even on sale! As a bonus, if you subscribe to his Tweets (for a small fee per month of course), you will get them before those who didn't subscribe.

Oh, and he's having a very limited edition sale of his famous July Blog! Printed, Signed and Mailed to you. Now remember, he will be selling as much of them as he can print and sign, but the moments he will actually sell them will be limited!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:04:36 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2017, 04:49:30 PM »
@Derek
Guessed you might have thought about it, because at least some people in the public are saying you might make unspecified statements, just to retroactively fill them with some random bad happening.
So it's not really about scoops or anything, but more about disproving people who claim such.

Funnily enough it wouldn't really matter if you were doing a psychic trick (in making propable unspeficif predictions people might retroactively read as specific) as the propability part is what matters to me of your messages. And so far your predictions seem quite fitting, and the timeframe of when you said something was going to happen was more on point than Roberts predictions upon when SC would hit certain development stages.

Yeah, that's the beauty if it. It angers and annoys those guys. And it keeps them guessing. Just the way I like it.  :smuggo:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2017, 04:50:02 PM »

Super secret news will be ready when it's ready. I don't mind the wait, because the worst thing that could be released now is a tweet storm that's laggy and doesn't scroll smoothly without major framerate issues or disappearing tweets. I want Derek to have as much time as he needs to polish this update.

:lol:
 :five: :five: :five:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2017, 07:29:47 AM »
Just putting this here so we can refer/track it later

"Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December, where we will preview some gameplay and share our roadmap for its completion."

From the Oct 13, 2017 newsletter

Motto

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2017, 07:37:44 AM »
The fact that they probably don't have anything meaningful to show regarding (progress with) SQ42 is what will push another big gulf of backers towards the refund Reddit. Those now still dumb enough to think that Chris will actually deliver are in for another surprise...

N0mad

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2017, 07:47:37 AM »
I can't wait for the excuses:

Squadron 42 won't be shown in this year's livestream, it's nearly ready, but there were a few last minute issues so it's better to delay showing everything until it's perfect. But since it's really very nearly ready we'll show it to you soon in a few months. Answer the Call 2018 folks. Maybe at the next holiday livestream. In 2019

StanTheMan

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2017, 08:06:27 AM »

Squadron 42 won't be shown in this year's livestream, it's nearly ready, but there were a few last minute issues so it's better to delay showing everything until it's perfect. But since it's really very nearly ready we'll show it to you soon in a few months. Answer the Call 2018 folks. Maybe at the next holiday livestream. In 2019

Surely they have at least some Mocap and voice acting from the Stars he forked out for ...obviously not SQ42 but might just keep a few more people happy for a while.....

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2017, 08:32:09 AM »
Just putting this here so we can refer/track it later

"Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December, where we will preview some gameplay and share our roadmap for its completion."

From the Oct 13, 2017 newsletter

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/938147860788535296

BREAKING!! Several sources have confirmed that 1) CIG is NOT planning to show SQ42 during this month's stream and 2) if they do change this plan, that it will NOT be a live play through, but yet another movie trailer.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2017, 09:16:35 PM »

Surely they have at least some Mocap and voice acting from the Stars he forked out for ...obviously not SQ42 but might just keep a few more people happy for a while.....

Allright, Though the faithful will always deny that CIG is running a hand to mouth operation and has been for most of this year with no change in sight. They need money desperately and the only way to get backers (who have spent and spent) on this Demo Project is to give them something to fixate upon.

They showed some "gameplay" this summer at gamescom although it was very limited, very buggy it was enough to get the suckers to open their wallets AGAIN. They need the money again

IF Squadron 42 was REALLY close to completion as they say they ought to have polished playable missions ready to awe their prospective audience. If Roberts is expecting the release to provide funding (as he said in previous interviews) he ought to be priming the pump and get new players interested with a gameplay preview. This is common sense. He ought to be giving Demo games with one mission out to the gaming community to show them how wonderful the game is. Most games work like this. I can get 10 hour demos on Origin. Now we see that there will be no gameplay, No demos and at best another Chris Roberts short video that may have nothing to do with gameplay (probably more motion capture scenes with Brilliant Chris Roberts plot and dialogue and a few ships from Star Citizen stuck in to give the appearance of a game).

I put it to you that they have no gameplay to show. They may have created a film based on assets from the current build weaved together with some of the Mocap he has sitting in the can but there IS NO GAME. Once again it's more smoke and mirrors for the suckers to open their wallets. Do I care? No. The more they spend the worse it will be in the end and since I hate that community's members its all sauce for the goose.

The only thing better than seeing a $168 Million dollar failure is a $200 Million dollar failure. With sums like that what possible excuse can he give?
I know that he will always have excuses but it does not matter because this will always be a bugfest regardless of how much backers give him, why? HE IS INCOMPETENT. Please, keep feeding the dumpster fire, we need laws written to protect people from predators like Roberts and this can only happen with a record setting failure.

Chris Roberts, the Bernie Madoff of Gaming and Film. CIG, the Enron of gaming.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:21:29 PM by Spunky Munkee »

N0mad

« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2017, 12:55:09 AM »
And when the collapse does come, the SC sub Reddit will be full of whales complaining that they never expected this to happen and crying about how much money they lost. And halfway down the comment section, amid the salt and anguish, will be the lone Joe Blobers Alt calmly and smugly telling them: They just don't understand game development.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:58:29 AM by N0mad »

Motto

« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2017, 01:02:35 AM »
Nah, that won't happen. It'll turn into a massive "it's all Derek's fault, Chris wasn't given a chance, they just needed more time, the FUD of the goons is what got it killed" et cetera et cetera. No one is going to admit that Chris fucked up - again - or that Derek was right from the moment he gave birth to his first blog. The mods will keep it clean from Derek was right comments and those idiots will keep on doing what they are doing now: fantasizing about the BDSSE with showings of clips from their offline cached copies and it'll all die out in the end. There probably will be a new Reddit for the lawsuits and prosecution of Chris  :D

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2017, 02:14:57 AM »
I bet Derek will write a book. Who knows if this collapse bloody enough they will make a movie about it just the way they did with the creep who runs Facebook. Gamers might find it interesting. Robbers would be washed up unless he somehow gets in somehow as a "creative consultant". That would be a huge insult to the gaming community at large but I can see something like that happening. Ortwin would find some way to wheedle Robbers a paycheck to avoid some sort of lawsuit. Stranger things have happened.

First we need to help "Bring down the Sky. if anybody remembers that obscure reference from another extremely popular Sci Fi rpg. It is what I am doing at the moment. I never played it on a PC, the port is not fantastic. It runs smoother on a console. One of my favorites.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:16:49 AM by Spunky Munkee »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk