Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 281329 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #270 on: January 09, 2018, 07:09:44 AM »
The Know has weighted in also starts 6:24 also completely in favor of CIG, never been a fan even before this posted

jwh1701

« Reply #271 on: January 09, 2018, 07:27:58 AM »
Looks like YouTubers are  building towards a consensous that the lawsuit is hogwash and we know consensus equals right. "sarcasm"

News Cartridge after reviewing the lawsuit states Crytek is reaching for the stars.

jwh1701

« Reply #272 on: January 09, 2018, 07:34:02 AM »
Montoya new vid is up, he's got a bunch of new crytek jokes and says CIG owns them in everyway.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:39:29 AM by jwh1701 »

StanTheMan

« Reply #273 on: January 09, 2018, 08:02:52 AM »
All these YouTube experts.   

Full of themselves and full of shite.

jwh1701

« Reply #274 on: January 09, 2018, 08:16:08 AM »

Posted by: StanTheMan
« on: Today at 08:02:52 AM »

All these YouTube experts

Yep I have trouble that they never see any red flags, I suspect some of it has to due with income.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:18:03 AM by jwh1701 »

StanTheMan

« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2018, 10:33:54 AM »
Posted by: StanTheMan
« on: Today at 08:02:52 AM »

All these YouTube experts

Yep I have trouble that they never see any red flags, I suspect some of it has to due with income.

They are stupid people.

Excusable if they were 18 years old with the naivety of youth...but they are not... they are wasters full of self importance with shit for brains and no integrity.

The sad thing is they are influencing people..a lot of them children..

Broadcasters in developed Western countries had standards they had to adhere to or they were taken off the air by governments.. these cretins are a law unto themselves and spread crap and crappy thinking...

The modern pulpit ...

N0mad

« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2018, 10:46:23 AM »
It's worrying and hilarious.

These guys have all decided that the case is dead and Crytek are finished. No room for doubt, end of conversation. Now, myself, I have no idea what the judge will decide, none of us do - but any dissenters from the established consensus that CIG have already won are downvoted or trolled out of the forums.

Right now I really hope that the case continues, not necessarily to see Chris being sued (he's used to it by now anyway) but just to see these arrogant idiots proven wrong.

justme

« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »
just don't care about them.

the get paid, to do these videos. many of their fans are asking all the time to do so,
so customers decide ;) boredgamer said, that this is just his opinion, and he doesn't
know anything about law or copyright and contracts... so far so good.

i needed to do some seminars, about international contracts and copyrights, but honestly,
this is not my business, so i'm not able to give a solid opinion about that.

also i'm not for one side. if this is right, what crytek claims, they need to fight for their rights,
and who cares about these cultists, claiming not to buy another cryengine game. most of them
would do.

what happens, if the courts follows cig answer, but as i noticed, they missed some points. will it be
stopped then, or just reduced?

StanTheMan

« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2018, 02:11:56 PM »
oredgamer said, that this is just his opinion, and he doesn't
know anything about law or copyright and contracts... so far so good.

Well no ! Nothing good about it - we have to take the whole of what he is doing and not allow him and his ilk off the hook like that.

If he has no knowledge of the subject matter, why does he feel the need to express an opinion on YouTube ?

As I said, no integrity, no brains (and no content !)

what happens, if the courts follows cig answer, but as i noticed, they missed some points. will it be
stopped then, or just reduced?

Read this Derek's comment on this submission.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:17:00 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »
All these YouTube experts.   

Full of themselves and full of shite.

As I have been telling people, this is all noise. Like us, NONE of them are lawyers. So now we are just waiting to read the judge's ruling on the MtG on Feb 9 as that's going to be the determining factor as to which of Crytek's claims have merit.

The CIG response was basically a PR move. IMO it has no merits, and their case isn't stronger than Crytek's otherwise they won't be putting up a bullshit re-definition of exclusively, while not even addressing the other causes of action in the complaint.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2018, 11:30:44 PM »
As I have been telling people, this is all noise. Like us, NONE of them are lawyers. So now we are just waiting to read the judge's ruling on the MtG on Feb 9 as that's going to be the determining factor as to which of Crytek's claims have merit.

The CIG response was basically a PR move. IMO it has no merits, and their case isn't stronger than Crytek's otherwise they won't be putting up a bullshit re-definition of exclusively, while not even addressing the other causes of action in the complaint.

Yeah i agree.
They basically said 2 things - RSI shouldn't be defending itself; CIG wasn't forced to use the licence.
Which didn't adress in any way if CIG paid all fees so far nor that they might have given third parties access to source code. Nor that the GLA mentions the usage of other engines.

justme

« Reply #281 on: January 10, 2018, 05:16:22 AM »

Well no ! Nothing good about it - we have to take the whole of what he is doing and not allow him and his ilk off the hook like that.

If he has no knowledge of the subject matter, why does he feel the need to express an opinion on YouTube ?

As I said, no integrity, no brains (and no content !)

Read this Derek's comment on this submission.

You missed my intention of it ;)
I agree with you. That's why i wrote,
that even with my "professional basic knowledge" i wouldn't do it.

Wipeout

« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2018, 02:31:30 AM »
My opinion on this, after doing some research on various stuff,  is that things are looking better for CIG on some stuff, and looking better for Crytek on others.  I will not be surprised if all Crytek gets is the stuff related to Bugsmashers and CIG not giving optimizations/bug fixes.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2018, 07:01:38 AM »
My opinion on this, after doing some research on various stuff,  is that things are looking better for CIG on some stuff, and looking better for Crytek on others.  I will not be surprised if all Crytek gets is the stuff related to Bugsmashers and CIG not giving optimizations/bug fixes.

Such as?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Wipeout

« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »
Such as?

These 2 lawyers said it best

The second video was supplemental to the research I did and I did a lot of research, the second video was released today and it further enforced my conclusion, though that first video now makes me question the stuff related  giving bug/optimization patches to Crytek, and I do not know enough about programming language, nor did any comparisons, to have an opinion on the bugsmashers stuff (it doesn't help that Crytek was not specific in what videos actually shown that they said it did).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk