Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 286426 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #390 on: July 04, 2018, 03:14:13 PM »
He has me on auto-mod on his channel where I posted this.

lol smart response as using alt's would severely impact and diminish the anger and frustration every time you made a post.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #391 on: July 04, 2018, 07:31:09 PM »
Fear not Derek does not need any alts because I am often told that I am DS as an alt. This simply reinforces Dereks statement that these loons see DS lurking behind every anti SC or Croberts posting. They simply cannot imagine anyone finding fault with the plans of fearless leader Croberts. Losers.

It's probably about time that we all get some sort of Guy Faulkes mask emojis to leave wherever we post as an inside joke, Like the movie V.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:39:21 PM by Spunky Munkee »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #392 on: July 05, 2018, 04:18:57 AM »
Fear not Derek does not need any alts because I am often told that I am DS as an alt. This simply reinforces Dereks statement that these loons see DS lurking behind every anti SC or Croberts posting. They simply cannot imagine anyone finding fault with the plans of fearless leader Croberts. Losers.

It's amazing. And they've been doing that for YEARS.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

helimoth

« Reply #393 on: July 05, 2018, 04:44:14 AM »
As Derek has been right for many years now on SC, I wonder if it would be possible to measure the distance between the SC project going in to scope-creep meltdown and current day in right years?

Motto

« Reply #394 on: July 05, 2018, 04:52:58 AM »
I want to know more about the Feds being involved. Clearly Derek knows something, but more than the Fed hints I haven's seen. So D. cough it up already!

N0mad

« Reply #395 on: July 05, 2018, 05:20:20 AM »
I can only imagine that the judge sitting on the Crytek vs CIG case has received the CIG financials and finds it odd that a company which is effectively running out of cash is still asking for backer money in return for promises that they know full well cannot be delivered before they go bankrupt.

Motto

« Reply #396 on: July 05, 2018, 06:48:28 AM »
Commonly known as "doing a Chris"

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #397 on: July 05, 2018, 07:52:15 AM »
Meet the guy who is now in charge of IFCS

@ 37:10

Store Citizer: Around the loving Verse
The Physics of Atmospheric Flight
with
David Colson

David Colson:
Ehm, we've had ISSUES as well, particularly where... say QA or EVOCATI are testing the game, and they have some FEEDBACK that isn't really SPECIFIC, like they'll just say, 'Oh!', say GRAVLEV BIKES for example, 'they don't HANDLE WELL', and like, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

Like what eh... why... why?

Can you... can you not TURN quick enough? Are they loosing CONTROL too much? Like there's so many things that could potentially contribute to 'it doesn't feel good', in the case of GRAVLEV it's usually LOTS OF THINGS.

So we have to try and sort of... FIGURE OUT... what in this system could actually be giving you the behaviour that you have, and how can we fix that... um... that doesn't sound like too much of a technical issue but from a design side it's really really hard to do... that... uhm... and it's a THING that we're constantly sort of learning about as people play the game and test it... uh... we're FIGURING OUT you know... THIS isn't working or... this isn't really FUN we need to try and RECONSIDER this.

Uhm.

And then we have to again... convert this like, vague, 'IT'S NOT FUN' feedback into actual like HARD TECHNICAL FEEDBACK where THIS little force is being applied too much, or, you know... we're rotating the ship a fraction too much here, whatever it is, ehm... and that... TRANSITION is... HARD... it's REALLY HARD
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:39:48 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #398 on: July 05, 2018, 08:56:54 AM »
Meet the guy who is now in charge of IFCS

Super fast transcribe with errors

and try and you know adjust the system to be more fun and to consider how we can accommodate the players you know needs and wants out of the system we've had issues as well particularly where say QA or ever caught you're testing the game and they have some feedback that isn't really specific like they'll just say oh say gravity bikes for example they don't handle well and like what does that mean like what it why can you can you not turn quick enough are they losing control too much like there's so many things that could potentially contribute to it doesn't feel good and in the case of gravity bike you know it's it's usually lots of things so we have to sort of try and figure out what in this system could actually be giving you the behavior that you have and how can we fix that and that doesn't sound like too much of a technical issue but from a design side it's really really hard to do that and it's a thing that we're constantly sort of learning about as people play the game and test it we're figuring out you know this isn't working or this isn't really fun we need to try and reconsider this and then we have to again convert this like fake it's not fun feedback into actual like hard technical feedback of oh this bit of force is being applied too much or where you know we're rotating the ship the fraction too much here or whatever it is and that transition is hard it's really hard
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:25:03 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #399 on: July 05, 2018, 09:07:02 AM »
Yeah, he's totally going to be taking over what JP originally designed and maintained for five years.

jwh1701

« Reply #400 on: July 05, 2018, 06:32:20 PM »
Yeah, he's totally going to be taking over what JP originally designed and maintained for five years.

I'm firing my transcriber yours is much more accurate, do you think that taking 5 years on that doc is appropriate time? Or possibly the time was due to the complexity in modding cryengine and Chris's complete inability to manage plus switching engines?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #401 on: July 06, 2018, 04:48:50 AM »
He didn't spend 5 years on it. The doc just explains what he spent 5 yrs doing - and never finishing it.

From his resume, he has never written a flight model before. Just because you have an architectural degree, doesn't mean you can build a house. Sure you can design one.

All of us who have written flight models, had to start somewhere. My first experience was with books by Lee Adams. I just took it from there over the years until I got good at it.

The funny thing is that all the inputs he has in his design, are unnecessary, and needlessly complex. Which is probably what Chris was asking for and expecting.

e.g. In my legacy flight dynamics model, I don't hard-code anything either. Most of the specs for each ship, are derived from data files. So I can basically sit around all day making unique flight models for any ship and be able to test it quickly.

In the Game Builder System (GBS) modding tools which I made public for UCCE 3.0, you will find a file called OBJTEX.SCR which contains such vehicle/ship specific inputs.

Some sample inputs to the flight dynamics system for a carrier, cruiser, transport, fighter

Code: [Select]
# P  can pitch                 
# R  can roll                   
# Y  can yaw                   
# A  can fly                   
# T  can translate in XYZ       // disabling this prevents object from moving
# E  has propulsion system     
# G  affected by gravity       
# U  can maneuver while on seabed (otherwise will not be able to move)
# F  can float at water level without sinking
# V  velocity diffs from orientation
# O  orientation independent of velocity
# P  pitch rate             (d/s) // rate of pitch
# R  roll rate              (d/s) // rate of roll
# Y  yaw rate               (d/s) // rate of yaw
# p  pitch spin rate        (d/s) // rate of spin along pitch axis
# r  roll spin rate         (d/s) // rate of spin along roll axis
# y  yaw spin rate          (d/s) // rate of spin along yaw axis
# L  low speed limit        (m/s) // low speed threshold
# C  cruise speed           (m/s) // cruise speed threshold
# H  high speed limit       (m/s) // high speed threshold
# A  best acceleration            // best acceleration
# D  best deceleration            // best deceleration. Presently == acceleration
# T  rebuild time           (min) // unit rebuild time
# J  jump transit time      (ms)  // hyperjump transit duration
# j  jump recharge time     (ms)  // hyperjump engine recharge time
#
BCRUZMK1.3D,BATTLECRUISER MK1,SARc,
 ?24,*1000,!25000,%150,A0.1768,L150,C275,H400,&1800000,j90000,J80000,P10,R12,Y14,[1500,]2500,^45000,<100,>25000,{1000,}150000,(_PRYATVNEW)
#
WARMONGER.3D,WARMONGER,SARc,
 ?23,*1000,!30500,%150,A0.2144,L150,C300,H575,&1000000,j45000,J60000,P14,R15,Y18,[2500,]3500,^35000,<100,>25000,{1000,}125000,(_PRYATVNEW)
#
CANLON.3D,CANLON,SARc,
 ?21,*1000,!22500,%200,A0.1200,L100,C120,H300,j30000,J120000,P12,R16,Y20,[500,]1500,^60000,<100,>25000,{1000,}175000,(_PRYATVNEW)
#
ICMK1.3D,INTERCEPTOR MK1,SARc,
 ?22,*500,!10000,%125,A0.1068,L125,C305,H650,&600000,j20000,J15000,P22,R30,Y28,[200,]200,^35000,<100,>15000,{50000,}75000,(PRYATVNEW)

This same system is used in my other games like Angle Of Attack & All Aspect Warfare and you can see it in action here:

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:50:49 AM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #402 on: July 06, 2018, 02:50:50 PM »
He didn't spend 5 years on it. The doc just explains what he spent 5 yrs doing - and never finishing it.

Thank you for the response, its hard for me to understand Chris requesting something so complex upfront. I have to wonder if there was any cross training before John and others left.
With something so complex seems like this could be another Iffonic disaster with more wasted effort and backer funds. Was that development testing that you were doing on the youtube video? Seemed like you have planetary and ground fps all in one, with atmospheric effects as well.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #403 on: July 06, 2018, 09:31:37 PM »

Thank you for the response, its hard for me to understand Chris requesting something so complex upfront. I have to wonder if there was any cross training before John and others left.
With something so complex seems like this could be another Iffonic disaster with more wasted effort and backer funds. Was that development testing that you were doing on the youtube video? Seemed like you have planetary and ground fps all in one, with atmospheric effects as well.

Well isn't Chris requesting complex systems actually his major problem?
Then again requesting complex system is the easiest thing in the world. Especially when your mind isn't hindered by any training in regards towards technical (and logical) limitations.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #404 on: July 07, 2018, 04:05:01 AM »

Well it's no different from all the promises of drink mixer machines, actual working internal ship systems etc. Did you miss all those ludicrous promises made over the years? My favorite was that one where they were showing working missile tubes in a ship (that's not even in the game). So a complex flight dynamics system is par for the course. If you read JP's design doc on the IFCS system, you will see how ludicrously complex it is. Which is why it continues to have issues.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk