Author Topic: CitizenCon 2017 - The Hilarity Within  (Read 23223 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:57:33 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

Re: CitizenCon 2017 - The Hilarity Within
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 12:30:30 PM »
5 presentations from 15:30 to 20:30 followed by a key-note at 21:00. What The FUCK?!

After six years in, they have nothing (working) to show for but they manage to get 6 presentations out and actually believe people will enjoy that/those?  :vince:

I hope they stream the whole event uninterrupted, boy, we're going to have so much fun with it afterwards  :woop:

nightfire

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »
5 presentations from 15:30 to 20:30 followed by a key-note at 21:00. What The FUCK?!

CIG (Counter Insomnia Group) – Provider of next-generation sleep therapy since 2012.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 03:05:22 PM »
We're going to be live on my Discord channel for this one. Just like we did with GC2017. It's going to be an amazing shit-show.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 06:34:18 PM »
I think they are trying to kill off the backers with boredom so that they won't come around with open palms when this mess collapses. If they are dazed with boredom and way too many doughnuts (I worked for the Government and it was mandatory to have boxes of those diabetes inducing bad boys at any meeting with powerpoint presentations, it helped you to doze off in a daze of hyperglycemia as soon as they dim the lights in the room) so that the backers won't have the energy to throw their shoes at Chris Robbers enormous head.

It would be more fitting if Robbers was pelted with hundreds of used wet maxi pads, what a video that would be. Pure Youtube Platinum.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:37:17 PM by Spunky Munkee »

premiumnugz

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 10:08:02 AM »
It's a purposeful media strategy, companies like Apple and Samsung do this too.

You split the headline content up into a series of individual presentations and exhibitions, meaning each one is treated separately by the media in an effort to get more coverage. It works really well unless your featured product is a disaster, in which case it backfires because every issue gets highlighted just that little bit more.

We know CIG struggles to pull of even short presentations with just one speaker without huge technical issues, even when they aren't running the event and have outside assistance.

They're clearly setting themselves up for outside corporate sponsorship and partnerships too, I guess now fan money is running dry and the banks are loaned up to the hilt they need some of that corporate dough. This year it's "Sponsored by Aegis Dynamics" next year they hope it's "Pepsi" but remember folks Chris Roberts don't need no publisher!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 02:31:08 PM »
That's not right. Sandi Gardiner worked hard on American Satan. Her ENTIRE part was cut. Now comes this? Seriously?

:vince:

Motto

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 02:42:39 PM »
Just to be sure, you did notice the time (slot) allotted for the screening? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:45:24 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 02:49:46 PM »
Just to be sure, you did notice the time (slot) allotted for the screening? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

LOL!! What does your heard tell you?  :laugh:

Motto

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 03:23:17 PM »
Well, it's a known fact that you're stalking Sandi since that is as close as you can get to being Chris - your ultimate life fantasy, the only thing you ever truly wanted - and to ridicule someone who has absolutely no talents at all yet has spent so much backer money on probably the biggest talent she doesn't have, it would seem cruel to make that so obvious public to everybody. You're clearly forgetting the main feature that this screening of Sandi's appearance in the movie has in common with Star Citizen. They're both black holes! So when they turn on the projector in Frankfurt, and stream those whole zero seconds of Sandi being in the money on Twitch, I'd expect you to hold back. No need to make an animated gif of those moments of absolutely nothing being repeated over and over again. That would be brutal man. Maybe she'll be in the Director's Cut? That's another decision he has to make in a split second.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

the_wolfmann

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 05:34:31 AM »
Damn.. Twitch is blocked at work :f5: I want to apply for a new job as a professional train-wreck watcher.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 06:12:01 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 06:13:01 AM »
Though I am a bit under the weather today, I will be on our Discord audio channel for both of crobert's presentations. Invite code: https://discord.gg/7nUXA9u

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 07:49:24 AM »
LOL!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk