Author Topic: CryTek v CIG/RSI  (Read 298903 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: CryTek v CIG/RSI
« Reply #465 on: December 27, 2018, 04:40:03 AM »
  Was wondering when they do discovery if CryTek will be able to look at all of their personal bank accounts and go after any money in those accounts?

They don't "go after" money in accounts until they win the case and are awarded damages which they have to collect on. And that doesn't happen during discovery.

During discovery they could try to ask for bank statements and accounting books as a means of assessing how much money they raised while breaching the contract. CIG will definitely resist, and ask the judge to intervene. It happens all the time. Thing is that unless there is a cause of action in the case, Crytek won't have any plausible reason to access that sort of info during the case. The copyright infringement is one such avenue because they could try to make a case that CIG should be disgorged of all proceeds due to their breach. Then they will ask for financials during discovery, and a battle will ensue.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #466 on: December 28, 2018, 05:40:20 AM »
So the case is definitely still going to discovery then? No doubt? Fo' sho'?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #467 on: December 28, 2018, 05:50:19 AM »
So the case is definitely still going to discovery then? No doubt? Fo' sho'?

Yes. The judge has already ruled on that since Aug.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #468 on: December 28, 2018, 06:21:57 AM »
Those that think the amended complaints don't cancel out previous elements don't know much about the American law system. If it's not listed in the newest complaint, then it's no longer a part of the lawsuit. 

Saw this and was wondering. I know nothing about law in any country. Just watching and waiting. Apathy is great for the blood pressure.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #469 on: December 28, 2018, 08:00:08 AM »
Those that think the amended complaints don't cancel out previous elements don't know much about the American law system. If it's not listed in the newest complaint, then it's no longer a part of the lawsuit. 

Saw this and was wondering. I know nothing about law in any country. Just watching and waiting. Apathy is great for the blood pressure.

I'm confused. Where did you read that, and what was your point?

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #470 on: December 28, 2018, 08:11:03 AM »
I'm confused. Where did you read that, and what was your point?

I read that on the fountain of all knowledge, Spectrum, in a, now closed, thread about the lawsuit and the point is that there are people on both sides claiming what the others believe is nonsense. They're sure you're wrong. You're sure they're wrong. I'm just always wrong.

N0mad

« Reply #471 on: December 28, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »
I read that on the fountain of all knowledge, Spectrum, in a, now closed, thread about the lawsuit and the point is that there are people on both sides claiming what the others believe is nonsense. They're sure you're wrong. You're sure they're wrong. I'm just always wrong.

LOL, at least he admits where he got it from.

This is the worst trolling I've ever seen, you're just making yourself look stupid Serendipity.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #472 on: December 28, 2018, 08:46:56 AM »
Not trolling. Just having a nice chat. I've read some folk say one thing with certainty and some folk say the other, with just as much certainty. I have no idea and really can't be bothered reading court documents to try to work it out. I don't know who is right.

From here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/crytek-versus-cig/132071

N0mad

« Reply #473 on: December 28, 2018, 09:15:04 AM »

Motto

« Reply #474 on: December 28, 2018, 10:07:57 AM »
I don't know who is right.

Let me help you there: Derek is.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #475 on: December 28, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »
https://guardfrequency.com/241/

Starts at 25.30

So no big pay out, next move will show us what they really wanted.

Why should I believe him over other sources?

Let me help you there: Derek is.

Ahh, blindly following your cult leader is fine Smartie, (you got your forum badge yet?), but not for me. I'd rather not assume someone is right because I believe them to have been right on the past.

Maybe that's just me though.

N0mad

« Reply #476 on: December 28, 2018, 10:41:58 AM »
So no big pay out, next move will show us what they really wanted.

Why should I believe him over other sources?

Let's review those other sources shall we:  Spectrum / Reddit / Lior Lesser and Leonard French. All those sources have proven to be unreliable. Lior and French have been pandering to the Star Citizen crowd from the get-go, repeatedly calling it for CIG and repeatedly being wrong. And the first two ARE the Star Citizen crowd.

Now, you don't need to believe Derek either. But he's got a better track record than all the above.

Motto

« Reply #477 on: December 28, 2018, 10:44:40 AM »
Ahh, blindly following your cult leader is fine Smartie, (you got your forum badge yet?), but not for me. I'd rather not assume someone is right because I believe them to have been right on the past. Maybe that's just me though.

Now there is where you are wrong. I don't believe Derek is right. I look at all the facts, the data, things happening etc. etc. and then form my own opinion about it. My opinion about it is the same as Derek's. So I don't believe he is right; I know he is right. Not everybody agreeing with Derek is therefore a blindly following culty by default. If you are educated and know how to use your brain, there is only one correct conclusion and that is that Chris Roberts has turned his Kickstarter into a scam. This game cannot be made. Everyday Chris is continuing to pretend that it can, and selling stuff to make that happen, he is scamming people. Plain and simple.

Now, I know my wise words of wisdom are wasted on you. It's just pearls before swines... But keep on trolling, Serenstupidity. Just keep on trolling...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:47:16 AM by Motto »

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2018, 12:12:18 PM »
Now there is where you are wrong. I don't believe Derek is right. I look at all the facts, the data, things happening etc. etc. and then form my own opinion about it. My opinion about it is the same as Derek's. So I don't believe he is right; I know he is right. Not everybody agreeing with Derek is therefore a blindly following culty by default. If you are educated and know how to use your brain, there is only one correct conclusion and that is that Chris Roberts has turned his Kickstarter into a scam. This game cannot be made. Everyday Chris is continuing to pretend that it can, and selling stuff to make that happen, he is scamming people. Plain and simple.

Now, I know my wise words of wisdom are wasted on you. It's just pearls before swines... But keep on trolling, Serenstupidity. Just keep on trolling...

That's a pretty stupid assertion. I think x. He thinks x. Therefore, x is correct...

Mind numbing idiocy. I'm pretty sure neither of you thought CIG would last into 2019 too, but guess what?

"This game cannot be made."

Is that the game that is being played by a lot of people, right now?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 12:13:59 PM by Slapmeandcallmegurl »

Motto

« Reply #479 on: December 28, 2018, 12:22:48 PM »
Whatever they are playing, it's not a game. But keep on trolling... go on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk