Author Topic: CryTek v CIG/RSI  (Read 298805 times)

wiser3754

Re: CryTek v CIG/RSI
« Reply #525 on: May 28, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »
Does anyone strike it odd that when searching for any recent news on Google on the Crytek lawsuit that nothing is showing up? Even Derek hasn't tweeted or posted anything yet and he normally is one to get in line first to get the news out.
Also I haven't seen any videos on this development from those two lawyers Leonard French and Youtuber law either.

Is this video credible?

Edit : If I had bothered to look in the description of the video I would've noticed the link to Courtlistener.com. So yeah, the video is credible.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 04:32:21 PM by wiser3754 »

wiser3754

« Reply #526 on: May 28, 2019, 01:52:05 PM »
Slapmeandcallmegirl
According to some, they've been running out of money for over three years, I wouldn't expect that to happen anytime soon. They'll be able to get investment if required, as easily as they managed it last time.

I dont't think it was easy the first time and I doubt it'll be easy the second time. After a 46 million dollar investment from an investor in the Cayman Islands and almost a 1/4 of the company sold off with no products released and bad publicity regarding it's development you've gotta have a real gold tongue to get more investors or investment into this company.

StanTheMan

« Reply #527 on: May 29, 2019, 10:23:00 AM »
I dont't think it was easy the first time and I doubt it'll be easy the second time. After a 46 million dollar investment from an investor in the Cayman Islands and almost a 1/4 of the company sold off with no products released and bad publicity regarding it's development you've gotta have a real gold tongue to get more investors or investment into this company.

I like the way he assumes it was easy last time !

wiser3754

« Reply #528 on: May 29, 2019, 01:49:23 PM »
BoredGamer just uploaded another video outlining Crytek's refusal to sit down to settlement talks. Apparently Crytek are delaying the talks due to a 2.2 million dollar bond filed by CI.

Lir

« Reply #529 on: May 30, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »
They have dried off their loan option with the Coutts already, they have dried off their option with the dark investors. 
Wait, there is still the swedish mafia right?!  :police: 

StanTheMan

« Reply #530 on: June 01, 2019, 11:44:42 AM »
They have dried off their loan option with the Coutts already, they have dried off their option with the dark investors. 
Wait, there is still the swedish mafia right?!  :police:

He knows less about the law than he knows about what goes on between a woman's legs.   

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #531 on: June 03, 2019, 07:47:47 AM »
Now that's exactly how to sound like childish, bitter little losers. Well done. Well done indeed.

Motto

« Reply #532 on: June 03, 2019, 11:47:59 AM »
Don't feed the troll!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #533 on: June 05, 2019, 09:49:50 AM »
OP updated with latest filings.

My coverage

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1136312413433806848
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #534 on: June 05, 2019, 04:42:47 PM »
Crytek are changing their attorneys. Skadden weren't good enough? Either they've done all the heavy lifting and are too expensive to continue and Crytek just wants a smaller lawfirm to carry the case to the end, or they're just shit.

Real kick in the teeth to the world's third most prestigious law firm.

Motto

« Reply #535 on: June 05, 2019, 09:58:32 PM »
Or maybe Skadden realised that even if they won, there just isn't money left at CIG. It'll be an empty win, so why waste money on it?

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #536 on: June 06, 2019, 01:15:58 AM »
Crytek are changing their attorneys. Skadden weren't good enough? Either they've done all the heavy lifting and are too expensive to continue and Crytek just wants a smaller lawfirm to carry the case to the end, or they're just shit.

Nah, they are expensive. Crytek probably are looking for someone cheaper.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #537 on: June 06, 2019, 06:40:18 AM »

They don't need an expensive law firm if they're in settlement talks. Plus, at this stage of the case, there are no additional pleadings which would be material to the case. It's the difference between buying a $0.99c burger at Burger King or a $12.99 burger at Five Guys. Still a burger.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #538 on: June 06, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
OP updated with latest filings.

My coverage

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1136312413433806848

That is a little disheartening to read.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #539 on: June 06, 2019, 03:10:15 PM »
That is a little disheartening to read.

Yeah, I know. But it is what it is. Though I wouldn't count out the Yerlis though. $2M isn't a big deal; and they will put it up if they felt they would get more in settlement or at the conclusion of the case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk