Author Topic: CryTek v CIG/RSI  (Read 305119 times)

Penny579

Re: CryTek v RSI/CIG
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »
oh I thought it was ruling on the motion to be protected from evil and unreasonably invasive discovery by those tricksters down at crytek

surely the Judge dread gee has heard enough whining for one motion already?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2018, 10:28:07 AM »
Yeah, in their amazing word salad, they were also asking for all those things.

The hearing is today 9AM PST / 1PM EST
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Meowz

« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2018, 01:28:30 PM »
Can't wait to find out the ruling. The suspense is too much! lol

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2018, 04:36:32 PM »
I heard that the judge is going to be issuing her ruling on the PO within the next 48hrs and may also rule on the MtD at the same time.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2018, 04:52:14 PM »

Meowz

« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »
Well the ruling was rather anticlimactic....

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2018, 10:10:56 AM »
OP updated with commentary from the PO ruling by the judge.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/986319843514306561

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2018, 10:14:15 AM »
Well the ruling was rather anticlimactic....

Not sure what you were expecting. As I said, it was a bullshit motion to begin with - and the judge would have denied (as per her Dec 2017 guidance) it anyway, even if the scheduling was already done. This was a win for Crytek.

StanTheMan

« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2018, 04:56:12 PM »
What will happen now is that the deluded Backers will read a CIG victory into this ruling.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2018, 05:25:53 PM »
What will happen now is that the deluded Backers will read a CIG victory into this ruling.

Some (the morons) already did. Go see Reddit if you think I'm kidding. Basically - get this - they're saying that CryTek jumped the gun on discovery. I shit you not.

Penny579

« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »
Straight up draw, if you exclude how many auroras were spent filing unnecessary motions.

When is the motion to dismiss finally ruled on? 

N0mad

« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2018, 01:36:45 AM »
Straight up draw, if you exclude how many auroras were spent filing unnecessary motions.

Hardly, it's shown the judges just how awkward and difficult CIG are prepared to be during the entire process.

By doing so they're painting a big red flashing neon sign above their heads that they have something to hide.

the_wolfmann

« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2018, 02:00:39 AM »
Damn right! If they had nothing to hide they'd have shared their financials as promised way back then or initiated the discovery process early as per the judge's advisory. They're holding for dear life that the MtD will absolve them of this menace so that they can carry on with business/bamboozling as usual. This whole charade makes me sick and I wish for CR & Co. nothing less than complete and total justice - jail! :police:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2018, 02:37:30 AM »

It's not quite a draw - at all. In fact, without being biased, I would say that it's a win for Crytek (they wanted to start discovery - now the judge has cleared the way) on one hand, and a sort of win for CIG (they didn't want to start discovery - so they got a 6 week delay while waiting for the judge) .

But to understand what happened, and why, you have to know how the legal system works. Let me explain (part of this is already in my Twitter thread).

There WAS a scheduling filing. Says so RIGHT THERE on Pacer.

On Feb 27th the plan was in the works; and Crytek were in conference with CIG to get the scheduling for that sorted out.

CIG didn't cooperate; and instead - figuring that Crytek was going to object in a court filing - filed for a PO on Mar 9th

We didn't know this until Apr 3rd when Crytek filed their answer to the PO and explained what was going on in the background - which CIG didn't disclose in their filings. Including that CIG wanted to initiate settlement (which Crytek declined to do, opting to go to discovery instead) talks instead of scheduling discovery.

The scheduling notice was filed with the court on Mar 20; 8 days after the PO filing by CIG on Mar 12.

With their bullshit PO filing, the only thing CIG achieved was 6 weeks delay while the clock stopped.

Now they have to go back to where they were in early Mar, ahead of their PO filing.

Now they have boxed themselves in. They have go back to what Crytek started in late Feb to early Mar, that prompted their bullshit PO. And they can't do that again because they now have no choice but to start discovery, regardless of the ruling on the MtD (which is probably coming soon)

When is the motion to dismiss finally ruled on?

No clue. But I plan to take the day off when it happens :emot-lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2018, 02:41:08 AM »
Damn right! If they had nothing to hide they'd have shared their financials as promised way back then or initiated the discovery process early as per the judge's advisory. They're holding for dear life that the MtD will absolve them of this menace so that they can carry on with business/bamboozling as usual. This whole charade makes me sick and I wish for CR & Co. nothing less than complete and total justice - jail! :police:

Yeah, for a company that has filed motions claiming they don't know why they're being sued, they didn't do anything wrong etc, it makes you think.

While I can understand why they would not want to enter discovery, as that would prematurely force them to hand over critical info/data to Crytek, they have to know that no way in hell that their MtD swould ucceed.

If what my sources are telling me is true, that they are frantically trying to complete the Lumberyard port - which they claimed was done during 2016 - it would make sense why they would be pulling all kinds of tricks to delay the inevitable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk