Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 187840 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #345 on: April 30, 2020, 09:48:24 AM »
Get this. Even with the horrific 3.9 patch, CIG just created and released a 3.9 trailer.

Dig it.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #346 on: May 01, 2020, 12:20:17 PM »
LOL!! CitizenCon (usually in Oct) canceled because of.....coronavirus. I can't even stop laughing. It's not as if they weren't already scraping the barrel to fill the CitizenCon 2019 seats.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17567-CitizenCon-2950-Update
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #347 on: May 01, 2020, 11:48:42 PM »
LOL!! CitizenCon (usually in Oct) canceled because of.....coronavirus. I can't even stop laughing. It's not as if they weren't already scraping the barrel to fill the CitizenCon 2019 seats.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17567-CitizenCon-2950-Update

This could hurt them. It's always a good time to whip the rubes up into a frenzy for the new shiny gameplay not icluded dream chariot to keep the funds rolling in.

I suppose no con may mean more spare cash to spend though. “I didn't get to go to Citicon thus year so I'm going to treat myself to that new £400 astro-tarmacer utility ship, it will be a great addition to my fleet (tarmacing gameplay due for release in current year +2).

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #348 on: May 02, 2020, 07:20:25 AM »
They will probably host a virtual event behind a paywall. That should be worth a few lols I think.

Motto

« Reply #349 on: May 02, 2020, 07:24:37 AM »
So, you assume they'll make it that long?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #351 on: May 03, 2020, 11:29:34 AM »
Right. So ToW is back on the menu

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17578-An-Epic-Month-Ahead

What's sad is there are still so many absolute ardent defenders always fighting with me yt.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 01:41:30 PM by jwh1701 »

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #352 on: May 04, 2020, 01:30:25 PM »
Right. So ToW is back on the menu

This month? With the state of the PU I get the feeling that is not going to happen.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 02:14:33 PM by dsmart »

wiser3754

« Reply #353 on: May 04, 2020, 04:36:39 PM »
This month? With the state of the PU I get the feeling that is not going to happen.

Star Marine, a piss poor twitch shooter, has a miriad of issues steming from severe lag and connection issues with a cap of what? 16 - 32 players? Who plays this nowadays?

While TOW, a combined arms twitch shooter, will have vehicles and aircraft driving and flying all over the place based on Star Engine's horrendous flight model and physics. I mean what are they thinking? Are they trying to make up for 3.9's bullshit?

Even it goes swimmingly why would current backers want to play this for the long haul let alone potential new backers paying into Star Citizen when free alternatives are out there which can do this better? Do I get a new ship or AUEC or REC to rent a ship in the PTU or Arena Commander?

Oh I guess I get a Grey Cart buggy. Whooppee!!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #354 on: May 06, 2020, 02:14:06 PM »
It's just another shiny object to dangle in front of backers (who foolishly thought they were getting an all-encompassing AAA space/planetary combat shooter)

jwh1701

« Reply #355 on: May 06, 2020, 08:13:45 PM »
SC Devs answering questions, would be interested for Derek's or Game devs opinion.
It's interesting to see them speak about development but at the same time they have a complete mess of a game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gergys/differences_between_early_lumberyard_and_modern/

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/differences-between-early-lumberyard-and-modern-lu

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #356 on: May 11, 2020, 05:12:54 AM »
I don't care enough to read any of that crap.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #357 on: May 11, 2020, 05:51:23 AM »
wow, it seems like it was just yesterday when I wrote an extensive blog saying these pricks were lying about using Lumberyard

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/differences-between-early-lumberyard-and-modern-lu

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #358 on: May 12, 2020, 08:08:06 AM »
They're rejoicing again.

It's all bollocks. I am sure of it.

Here's an exercise. Take a look at the chart.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cloud-imperium-financials-for-2018

Well, they got a $46M bailout from investors in May 2018.

"The 2018 accounting shows the continued growth of the Group with a record-breaking year for new customers and community engagement. Following the minority investment received in 2018 (and as stated at the time) we have targeted investment into the marketing and infrastructure of the business, to prepare for the future launch and promotional activities of the games in development. This generated a $2.4M increase in direct cost over 2017, as well as an increase in salaries for staff in those areas, which created a reduction in our retained profit reserve. Without such expansion the net cash-out for 2018 would have been less than in 2017.*

*The minority investment has strengthened the Group’s balance sheet, providing security to the business and most importantly has generated an increased reserve from which Cloud Imperium will market and promote the ground-breaking projects our community are allowing us to develop.
"

Now look at this:

The 2019 figures which are due YE 2020 - all things being equal - will shed more light on this. But then we have to wait until Dec 2021 to find if these 2020 numbers are real or not. I can't wait.

The fact remains, how in God's name are they doing numbers like this - at all? It beggars belief - and I'm not buying it. Something is amiss. There has to be.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #359 on: May 14, 2020, 03:13:18 PM »
They're rejoicing again.

Don't underestimate the spending power of whales with spare cash and little self control being underlockdown.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 09:10:05 AM by dsmart »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk