Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1385343 times)

krylite

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1695 on: January 20, 2018, 05:14:40 PM »
Latest ATV is out and it's a tour of the JPEG factory - literally.

The section on how ships are thought up is especially good around the 20 minute mark.

TLDR; Chris just gets ideas from Star Wars or WW2.

:laugh:, it's so easy in that useless video to guess behind the lines what the ATV heads are really saying i.e. pretty much confirms how fubar the project is and how insipid and so far behind the real deal games such as Elite Dangerous. Some examples:

One of the ship designers trying to make it sound amusing how everyone has to run their new idea by CR literally squeezing in line begging CR for approval to continue. Confirms it's a small company lousy dictatorship culture, the worst types of family business firms to be working for..
CR himself talks how he goes through each idea and says ok or not. Just like those old prequel videos of George Lucas going through all the art ideas while the staff/yesmen are just waiting on every word while GL ends up choosing the worst in your face OT fan insulting kiddie designs for TPM.

Then CR talking about how the ships are "real" and realizing one's old genre dreams of "living out" flying spacehips like in the novels, tv's, movies. Amazingly talking like ED doesn't exist and is already doing that exact "flying spaceships" gameplay for many sci-fi fans. Right, just rip off another idea here and there from other currently or recently successful games while SC continues to be made further irrelevant. What a bunch of bull and gall. "Profitability??"..pffft.. more like ponzi churning.

Even ED had a nice "SC quality" teaser trailer of the Chieftan which will be out in maybe one month instead of 6 years. www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKcclm3dFzk
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:22:31 PM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1696 on: January 22, 2018, 06:45:26 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

helimoth

« Reply #1697 on: January 22, 2018, 09:26:05 AM »
LOL!!

https://gfycat.com/AlarmedTestyAfricanjacana

rofl

and that's meant to be the pinnacle - the very cutting edge - of what is graphically achievable in 2018?

Motto

« Reply #1698 on: January 22, 2018, 11:54:34 AM »
Yes, any day now  :dance:

jwh1701

« Reply #1699 on: January 22, 2018, 03:57:36 PM »
Yes, any day now  :dance:

I replied in the thread and took a screen of the post and it was removed in under 54 seconds.

justme

« Reply #1700 on: January 23, 2018, 01:51:49 AM »
the spaceball bug changes your character into a tiny ball.
with that, you are not able to wear a space suit. this means, that you can't exit the station and survive that.
also if you have some friends, waiting with a ship with atmosphere out side, you could not use your mobiglas.
this you need for all the traveling.

this is not a client based bug. so if you login on another computer, you still have that bug. and if you login with
a fresh account, you will not have it.

this bug is known since the beginning of the ptu, so around 4 month! during the ptu you could solve it by your own,
by recopy your account.
when the first rumors came up, that ptu should go live, there were several threads about the possibility to reset the
account in the pu, too. it was said, that there are some heavy game braking bugs, like this one and atm the only way
would be, to recopy the account. they ignored these warnings, deleted some threads, because some got a bit salty and
so they could close these threads for moderation reasons.
we all know, that star citizen has the most toxic moderation of all.

the first entry of this spaceball bug was shortly after the pu release. so since this date, many players have that bug and the
number is still climbing up.

so some players are out there, having this bug a month.

maybe someone should do a faked bug report with the reproducable steps of that one, with telling you get something special for free, like a flyable idris or so. atm it seems a bit, that they don't really care about :D

jwh1701

« Reply #1701 on: January 23, 2018, 07:55:56 AM »
Here's something new I have not seen, NPC sled attack  :lol:

Laughing about this earlier thinking no wonder its taking so long I bet this has never been done before
in any other space sim.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:56:47 PM by jwh1701 »

Narrenbart

« Reply #1702 on: January 24, 2018, 10:08:38 AM »

jwh1701

« Reply #1703 on: January 25, 2018, 08:03:00 AM »
I really do not understand the mindset of SC Supporters at all, the lawsuit has exposed Chris out right lying. With 7 years in dev and the basics still do not work. They keep saying its alpha and they tell people to move along if all their ships are broken.  And of course this thread is put under controversial if that alone is not a red flag for sc supports then they will probally get in a line and follow CR off a cliff.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:14:54 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1704 on: January 25, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »
I really do not understand the mindset of SC Supporters at all, the lawsuit has exposed Chris out right lying. With 7 years in dev and the basics still do not work. They keep saying its alpha and they tell people to move along if all their ships are broken.  And of course this thread is put under controversial if that alone is not a red flag for sc supports then they will probally get in a line and follow CR off a cliff.

Yeah, it's normal for a game 6 years in development, to still be in alpha. Everything's fine, you see.  :c00lbert:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

David-2

« Reply #1705 on: January 25, 2018, 09:02:54 AM »
I don't even understand how you could possibly code the game so badly that assets consistently were only partially created.

But assume, arguendo, that you did code the game that badly, and every piece that had a set of "thought UI" tags/attribute/overrides/functionality failed to be created in an otherwise newly created ship (of multiple ship classes).  In that case how could it be anything but a single bug localized in one location that could be easily found and fixed in one day?

StanTheMan

« Reply #1706 on: January 25, 2018, 04:39:20 PM »
I don't even understand how you could possibly code the game so badly that assets consistently were only partially created.

But assume, arguendo, that you did code the game that badly, and every piece that had a set of "thought UI" tags/attribute/overrides/functionality failed to be created in an otherwise newly created ship (of multiple ship classes).  In that case how could it be anything but a single bug localized in one location that could be easily found and fixed in one day?

Answers on a JPEG.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:41:03 PM by StanTheMan »

jwh1701

« Reply #1707 on: January 25, 2018, 09:07:34 PM »
Road Map is up, in reddit they already making excuses for it or giving it a pass.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

Took Screen Shot, Popup with lots of caveats comes up to, but least we have it saved.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:16:37 PM by jwh1701 »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1708 on: January 25, 2018, 11:29:06 PM »
This is the ultimate reality show. Give some incompetent dreamer 170 Million dollars and see what he does with it.

When I read the supposed 3.1 items and 3.2 ect I cant help but think that this crap should have already been done. They should not be lauded for getting it done rather they deserve to be hammered for failing to do these things already.

What a joke.

The only reason I bother watching this any longer is because other than some government departments this has to be one of the worst run organization. Think about it. CIG and the Government both get fed money regardless of their efficiency,  responsiveness, customer satisfaction, productivity, or professionalism.

GaryII

« Reply #1709 on: January 26, 2018, 03:34:37 AM »
Road Map is up, in reddit they already making excuses for it or giving it a pass.
  Yes, those Shilizens are amazing :D
  I am 99 % sure that actual "progress" will be 3.2 only in December...
  3.1 maybe in May, but in will not contain much of new content..

So actual end result are yearly content updates, not quarterly...     

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk