Author Topic: Elite Dangerous  (Read 84187 times)

krylite

Re: Elite Dangerous
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 05:06:54 PM »
Thought this was a very nice showcase of ED's visuals , current assets and gameplay , shown possibly in 4K resolution. A player made video posted on yt yesterday, using the camera suite , punctuated with a very few minor outside game embellishments. Recommended to play muted as the voice tends to be distracting.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 05:08:12 PM »
Thought this was a very nice showcase of ED's visuals , current assets and gameplay , shown possibly in 4K resolution. A player made video posted on yt yesterday, using the camera suite , punctuated with a very few minor outside game embellishments. Recommended to play muted as the voice tends to be distracting.

Yeah, I saw that earlier. So cool.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »

That looks really good, I finally upgraded my gpu but I'm stuck at 1080 till the PT-AE8000U kicks the bucket.

jwh1701

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 11:20:52 AM »

krylite

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 03:22:42 AM »
Elite: Dangerous Battle Cards (@EDBattlecards)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/340853079/elite-dangerous-battle-cards-edbattlecards

Interesting development, looks very nice. I'd be tempted to buy it just for the "coffee table" decor as a fan, if not for the actual card game playing.

jwh1701

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 03:42:08 PM »

ShoHashi

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 06:27:21 AM »
I haven't played ED since I first bought it when it first came out.  I may have to reinstall it and see what all has changed since...which I'm sure is a lot! :)  All those screenshots and videos are certainly making it look good!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 07:05:56 AM »
I haven't played ED since I first bought it when it first came out.  I may have to reinstall it and see what all has changed since...which I'm sure is a lot! :)  All those screenshots and videos are certainly making it look good!

A LOT has changed in the past year. It's going to appear as a whole different experience when you jump back in.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 07:09:43 AM »
A LOT has changed in the past year. It's going to appear as a whole different experience when you jump back in.

Has interdiction's ever slowed down?

This was so appropriate after EH update.

jwh1701

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 10:51:28 AM »
I decided to load EH up and see what if any changes have been made. I like the new 7m 5000 cargo missions. My 3 year x52 profile no longer even remotely worked. I was turning of shields, could not move left or right in the UI. I was a sitting duck after leaving the station. Hour later did a new profile and was back in business. I started a longtime ago due to being bored of loading screens gutted my anaconda so I could get 38.10ly jumps. It makes interdiction very dangerous as shields last about 30 seconds if I'm just slightly slow on jumping to a new point it could be expensive. With the new missions being close I will have to find a bunch of 8a upgrades.

Here screens:
Profile not working, impossible to navigate, turning on silent running, opening cargo etc.
I was thinking if I get interdicted and have to payout 8mill in insurance I'm pulling the rj45.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 10:55:10 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2018, 12:36:05 PM »
Yeah, it's improved greatly. I played it about a week ago.

ShoHashi

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2018, 01:44:00 PM »

Good to hear!  Will definitely have to make time this weekend to reinstall it and give it a whirl! :)

jwh1701

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 03:28:15 PM »
Good to hear!  Will definitely have to make time this weekend to reinstall it and give it a whirl! :)

Its definelty has some improvements as I no longer enjoy very long missions. But the interdiction is still immersion breaking with the glad I found you, even when I have no cargo and they bug me jump after jump. I thinking of running tracking software and see if I can update how interdiction's work.

Going to to use a new term I learned concerning how I feel about interdiction.

Look at what Bob kept saying to me on a run for better shields.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 03:34:21 PM by jwh1701 »

Aya Reiko

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 10:53:40 PM »
Its definelty has some improvements as I no longer enjoy very long missions. But the interdiction is still immersion breaking with the glad I found you, even when I have no cargo and they bug me jump after jump. I thinking of running tracking software and see if I can update how interdiction's work.

Going to to use a new term I learned concerning how I feel about interdiction.

Look at what Bob kept saying to me on a run for better shields.

What mode are you in?  Open, Group, or Solo?

jwh1701

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 05:41:29 AM »
What mode are you in?  Open, Group, or Solo?

I have always done solo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk