Author Topic: Elite Dangerous  (Read 84103 times)

krylite

Re: Elite Dangerous
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »
Saw a bunch of high paying runs that I could do with the type 9, calculated I could save several trips by
going with no shields or fuel scoop. Successfully made it through all of them, but laughed when launching and
somehow did 8k hull damage just going straight up. No shield no fuel scoop nets 784t.

Nice, you're getting closer to the cutter, and finding good cargo runs with the T-9. Yes, I'd heard the T-9 got an extra optional slot a few months ago so now it's truly the biggest cargo hauling capable ship. I'm similarly mission hauling beryllium,gallium, non-lethal weapons, reactive armor, progenitor cells, etc. currently in my cutter. I had stuck to the FGS and AspX and almost always have spent my time in imperial space (Aisling pledged) in the first half of my time played in ED. I did a lot of CZ's, res-bounty hunting and some powerplay opposition which ended up with combat-elite rank for me first unintentionally. Nice to see how paths can be varied so much in ED's freedom of gameplay.

Kind of funny, if the rebuy didn't cost so much , was a few days ago , I had boosted to aim for the station exit slot, and accidentally rammed into a sidewinder just entering which wrecked it. So my cutter was immediately wanted and the station started firing on my along with pursuing police vipers. I tried to boost away, but my shields were gone in about five seconds and my cutter was wrecked soon after, then reappearing in one of the "penance" megaships' docking bays.

The 3.3 teaser was a short snippet yes, and I'm not expecting that much but willing to be pleasanty surprised with extras. Q4 is supposed to be biggest content update of the year according to the Beyond outline.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 04:55:54 PM by krylite »

jwh1701

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2018, 05:54:27 PM »
I was really surprised when I logged in after so long and saw the empty 8e slot in the type 9, I though that was really nice. I ended up wanted yesterday in the anaconda and did not know you got sen to prison lol, luckily it was only 4 jumps back to where I needed to go. I have bumped quite a few ships boosting out and in but only got a fine, I will have to be more careful. Things were going so well today and went on and finished out the empire rank, I guess I easily donated over 80 mill and lost a lot more, I only took rep or influence. But sadly I will not even look at the corvette till I get around 2bill as the outlining plus ship is right at 768m. Plus I did not know that inactive crew members got paid my fighter pilot skimmed off 32m before I caught on to her.

jwh1701

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2018, 03:30:43 PM »
Thought I  would try and tackle the guardian upgrades, only ship I have engineered is the python but just the regular engineering.
Surprised at how easy it was to drive the srv with a hotas, targeting is not to easy.

jwh1701

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2018, 01:20:51 PM »
Any one completed all the Guardian grind? I have the modules blue prints done but still grinding out the tech parts and obelisk data. I had to find a guide on this with not knowing the amounts would take so long to get and understand.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2018, 02:23:20 AM »
Any one completed all the Guardian grind? I have the modules blue prints done but still grinding out the tech parts and obelisk data. I had to find a guide on this with not knowing the amounts would take so long to get and understand.
I've unlocked all of it.  Does your ship have Point Defense on it?

krylite

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2018, 05:17:15 AM »

Congrats on making it to imperial naval King! Hope you're having fun with the cutter. re: guardians, Yes, I've done it, although I missed the point defense tip Aya Reiko mentioned, which could have helped. The grind is actually much reduced after a patch in July where they changed it from having to do 16+ obelisk data for each different module(!) instead of now one or two. So now it only takes a few sessions where you can max out some of the guardian material storage. If you keep scanning the obelisks on each round trip, you can also eventually get enough epsilon data. As for targeting with the SRV, did you mean targeting in turret mode with the hotas? I've been with just mouse & keyboard for years on pc, so I couldn't tell with SRV /w hotas.

Yeah, the npc crew gets a big percentage as they get more skilled. I had only made one of my npc's reach elite level once (american english). I keep having bad luck since and losing pilots (with untimely ship wrecking) where I'm trying now to get a british-speaking NPC fighter crew lady to elite. As they say a few different comments from the earlier ranks once they reach elite level.

It's true that the current ingame information should be easier to inform the player about the guardian obelisk locations. So far, it only comes up if you happen to get the new guardian mission in Ram Tah's system where he tells you the guardian location systems. Or if you happened to catch the GalNet article back in January, (or alternately went to the frontier website listing back GalNet articles). Hopefully in Beyond Q4, the "codex" for GalNet will be something along the lines of indexing , referencing, and bookmarking the articles better and maybe some auto-journaling and listing, so one doesn't have to see outside game sites to find the info easier.

The FSD booster is well worth it. Once you unlock it in can help greatly with FSD range on each of the different ED ships. (imo, one of the best improvements to the game all year and since game launch) Since I don't often hunt thargoids I just use the shard cannon occasionally. And looking forward to the coming guardian hybid SLFs in a few days:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:53:49 AM by krylite »

dexatron

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2018, 05:18:06 AM »
I just can't get into E.D.  don't know why....
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2018, 04:37:08 AM »
I just can't get into E.D.  don't know why....

Yeah, it's an acquired taste. It's a very niche game, but it was built that way. Same thing with my own games.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dexatron

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2018, 06:02:26 AM »
Well lets un-niche yours, we all need a Freelancer/WC sim!  Simple, fun lots of missions/story...
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2018, 03:54:36 PM »
Well lets un-niche yours, we all need a Freelancer/WC sim!  Simple, fun lots of missions/story...

I did that already.  Galactic Command Echo Squad SE

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »
Aya Reiko
No point defense but the sentinels are so easy to kill, I was really getting in close and battling out.  But after the 5th run through I just triggered them all then drove up on a hill and sniped them to expedite the process.

krylite
I was having a terrible luck with delta and epsilon, after getting 8 of the blueprint modules and only had 8 delta scans. I got bored of farming sentinels since I was not getting the wreckage components I went to the closest ruin and it was loaded with obelisks, and most of them gave double date.
Only took one relog and have 40-60 of each scan now.  I never really tried to gain rank, but I found it was very easy one time when I was just jumping around years ago.  If you find 3 stations with looping boom time and high value missions plus donate to clear the board I can get a naval mission guaranteed in under hour 1/2. I'm glad they had not nerfed that aspect of the game.

dexatron
Its been a love hate relationship, I loved just hauling cargo in ED and it was very relaxing with almost no intersections, then they kept ramping it up, Then in EH they had a bug were they Npc were creating super weapons that we could not have and it was awful, not including double Interdiction. The other part is the designers love nerfing and you have a core players that like to help nerf it all.

Not sure if these starts are correct but this is the guide I found and the one I'm following. But if there is a more update to date one please let me know.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/437846-Simple-Guide-for-Unlocking-all-of-the-Guardian-Tech

dexatron

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2018, 08:55:07 AM »
I did that already.  Galactic Command Echo Squad SE

How did it go, did you manage to achieve the playability of a WC/FL?  I will get it and give it a try myself, thanks Greg

jwh1701

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2018, 12:04:45 PM »
I'm still working on the blueprints just 3 more to go, found this on inra for guardian fighters. Think I will just max out everything before I head out.

https://inara.cz/galaxy-techbroker/

Guardian Ship Launched Fighter (XG7 Trident)
1xGuardian Vessel Blueprint Segment (0)
25xGuardian Power Cell (261)
26xPattern Epsilon Obelisk Data (30)
18xPattern Beta Obelisk Data (57)
25xGuardian Technology Component (147)
Unlock

Guardian Ship Launched Fighter (XG8 Javelin)
18xGuardian Wreckage Components (72)
Unlock

Guardian Ship Launched Fighter (XG9 Lance)
18xGuardian Sentinel Weapon Parts (141)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:41:46 PM by jwh1701 »

jwh1701

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2018, 06:45:56 PM »
Decided to work hard on finances, bought a second anaconda and spent almost 300mill plus engineering to finish out my exp rank. At first I was excited to see new exploration changes coming but after reading them decided I better level up before the update. Being under 400m and then seeing the post concerning new servers for the boards and I was worried would happen to my fav missions. I'm going to try and hit 10b in cr before the 3.3 update.

krylite

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2018, 02:48:30 AM »
Decided to work hard on finances, bought a second anaconda and spent almost 300mill plus engineering to finish out my exp rank. At first I was excited to see new exploration changes coming but after reading them decided I better level up before the update. Being under 400m and then seeing the post concerning new servers for the boards and I was worried would happen to my fav missions. I'm going to try and hit 10b in cr before the 3.3 update.

Nice job getting to explorer elite. And wow, you've overlapped in me in Cr already. I might have 4bn in total assets. Well, I'm mostly a "slower" gamer in general as I spend a lot of time with ED but often casually (or lazily). I'd previously did powerplay hauling and now more powerplay related bgs missions. I had put off exploring for a long time and maybe will get into it more someday. I'm wondering if the missions server consolidation changes means a more dedicated server focus for the ED infrastructure in the future which could hopefully mean more persistent player assets.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the 3.3 update. Sounds like it'll be really nice and a big update. My faith in ED was rewarded when it was reported half a floor of their building and 100 staff were continuing to work on the game with new "milestone" goals for the future (despite all the misinformed, impatient or trollish salt & nonsense the game and FD have had to endure on its own forum and comments elsewhere) I'm also looking forward to what comes after hopefully atmospherics and maybe some walking around in one's ship someday and it's already the best overall spacesim ever made, imo.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 03:31:20 AM by krylite »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk