Author Topic: Star Citizen Analytics Project  (Read 207660 times)

Kyrt

Re: Star Citizen Analytics Project
« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »
These numbers don't matter at all, because accounts doesn't mean people, regardless if stated by Turbulent or CIG.

My estimation based on Twitch and YouTube views (compared to other games and their sale numbers) is that Star Citizen still has a five digits total number of players/backers, means substantially less than 100k. These people created dozens if not hundreds of accounts on various occasions. Also the number of really actively funding backers should be far less then 10k.

It's difficult to say.

There are two million accounts....but I would agree that there are gar fewer people.

I would surmise many of those accounts are from free play weekends, or duplicate accounts set up to take advantage of the free in cash bonus.

OTOH...duplicate accounts are still paid accounts and can still be used to work around certain limits.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2018, 03:29:57 PM »
From Bovis

I wonder if the leaderboards are bugged somehow, because the latest usage numbers are disastrous.

Star Marine average concurrent users: 9.8
Arena Commander average concurrent users: 7.8
Murray Cup average concurrent users: 2.5

Total for all EA modes: 20.0

That is lower than the end of 2.6.3 while 3.0 was in PTU, and represents a roughly 50% drop from the numbers at the start of 3.0 live.

This report covers the 6 days from Jan 13 to Jan 19.

Yeah, game's totally dead.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Flashwit

« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2018, 12:51:31 PM »
I think this may be somewhat expected though as I would have guessed that more people would transition to mainly trying out the PU instead of these other mods (which are frankly even more garbage than the 'main' game)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2018, 01:45:54 PM »
I think this may be somewhat expected though as I would have guessed that more people would transition to mainly trying out the PU instead of these other mods (which are frankly even more garbage than the 'main' game)

Yeah, but the PU has been there since Dec 2015. And the current PU is shit. So.  :shrug:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
Star Marine and Arena Commander were dead before. But 3.0 totally put the nail in the coffin, the dropped out at sea.

- First spike is 2.6.3 release, second spike is 3.0 live

- Red/Blue are the Last Stand/Elimination game modes

- 3.0 killed the Arena Commander player numbers

justme

« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2018, 01:34:46 AM »
SM/AC is not working for many players. you spawn without gear/ship. so it is broken.

Motto

« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2018, 04:36:49 AM »
They have waited so long with releasing (anything decent from) the game that the hype is gone. Even the momentum has passed. Star Citizen as a game is already dead. No matter what they deliver, it won't match the expectations that have been created, build up and hyped over the years. There just isn't a game to be played. And there won't be.

jwh1701

« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2018, 08:42:04 AM »
The numbers certainly go in hand with what I see on happening on reddit activity as well.

Flashwit

« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2018, 10:25:28 AM »
The thing is that I wouldn't even call it 'killing' those modes. They never had anything to start with. Even Star Marine was peaking at 40 concurrent players, it's more like gently putting those game modes to sleep.
I just went to take a look at a fantastic game that I used to play called Soldat (www.soldat.pl). At the time of this post it had 61 concurrent players.

This game is a niche side-scrolling arcade shooter RELEASED IN 2002! That's kind of embarrassing isn't it?

Motto

« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2018, 02:35:35 PM »
I'm gonna wait on the first one who makes the comparison to the number of concurrent players of Derek's games  :laugh:

GaryII

« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2018, 01:31:10 AM »
 Lets be honest here - PU is only and main mode for majority of SC players.
 So only PU numbers are relevant for SC...and those probably are not great for "Best game ever", too...   
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:27:51 AM by GaryII »

GaryII

« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2018, 05:16:41 AM »
I'm gonna wait on the first one who makes the comparison to the number of concurrent players of Derek's games  :laugh:

But first somebody needs to give Derek 170m and 7 years of dev time... ;)

To be honest after I watched last Derek's LOD stream I saw how similar it's to SC...   

LOD basically is SC without BIG money and "CR movie immersion"...

After they introduced planetary combat - Tonks  :lol: = its even more looks like LOD, so CR are stealing ideas again :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:29:25 AM by GaryII »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2018, 07:20:18 AM »
But first somebody needs to give Derek 170m and 7 years of dev time... ;)

To be honest after I watched last Derek's LOD stream I saw how similar it's to SC...   

LOD basically is SC without BIG money and "CR movie immersion"...

After they introduced planetary combat - Tonks  :lol: = its even more looks like LOD, so CR are stealing ideas again :D

Yeah well, back in July 2015, I did write a whole blog telling them why they were doomed to fail, seeing as I've been down that road before. And the performance issues they are having, when they don't even have 20% of the game finished, are precisely why over the years I had to balance gameplay vs visuals, while opting for gameplay over visuals.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »
Bovis has some new data. Apparently 3.0.1 failed; just like 3.0 before it.

the player count increase from 3.0.1 has already worn off
I expect a new record low when I do the next update in a few days

1.18 average players...

4.78 in AC

5.14 in SM

349.6 total unique players per day

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2018, 11:03:32 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk