Author Topic: GamesCom 2017 - The Hilarity Within  (Read 150317 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:01:00 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: GamesCom 2017 - The Hilarity Within
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 07:24:18 AM »
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 07:50:51 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 07:50:21 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 07:57:58 AM »

N0mad

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 08:03:12 AM »
Brilliant - can't wait for Serendipity to misunderstand this one

Meowz

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 09:52:25 AM »
In just.... NaN? Sodium nitride? Na3N?

Serendipity

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 10:02:17 AM »
Not a number.

Motto

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 11:25:29 AM »
I wouldn't be suprised if Sandi really believe that those 2 "jokes" will actually work on what's left of the die-hard Shitizens and tweets it herself  :D

Darklegend1

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 11:48:04 AM »
I am sure whatever they will show will be good as their life is dependent on it. I know what will happen people like serendipity will be like see we told you there is development. and will throw more money at cig. After enough money is gathered chris will take a cruise somewhere and maybe we will be at 3.2 next year at gamesconn( stripped down version obviously). Thats what will happen till 2021.  :psyduck: :laugh:

Motto

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 12:16:22 PM »
I don't think they will make it. A fancy demo won't satisfy backers. Last years demo is nowhere to be found. A brilliant demo will make backers angry. Why waste time and money on another demo when 3.0 is still MIA. No matter how Chris will talk about his visions, his dreams, his plans and all the difficulties when doing things nobody has done before, backers want more. They want something they can actually play with. Doesn't matter how crappy (to some extend) but give us something. There will come a point when they demand that whatever is ready will be released and they will comment and report on the bugs. And that is when Chris has to admit that there just isn't anything there to be released or he has to release the crap he does have and that will be much, much, much worse than any backer could ever have imagined.

Chris is fucked, no matter how you look at it. Unless he has lots of money left, which he doesn't. It wouldn't surprise me if 2017 is the last year of CIG...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:18:26 PM by Motto »

Serendipity

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 01:31:21 AM »
This year's presentation will truly be interesting for many reasons. If they don't show significant progress then rotten fruit may be hurled. If Chris gives any time scales I shall ignore them completely. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me a thousand times and fuck you!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 03:41:42 AM by Serendipity »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 05:25:31 AM »
I don't think they will make it. A fancy demo won't satisfy backers. Last years demo is nowhere to be found. A brilliant demo will make backers angry. Why waste time and money on another demo when 3.0 is still MIA. No matter how Chris will talk about his visions, his dreams, his plans and all the difficulties when doing things nobody has done before, backers want more. They want something they can actually play with. Doesn't matter how crappy (to some extend) but give us something. There will come a point when they demand that whatever is ready will be released and they will comment and report on the bugs. And that is when Chris has to admit that there just isn't anything there to be released or he has to release the crap he does have and that will be much, much, much worse than any backer could ever have imagined.

Chris is fucked, no matter how you look at it. Unless he has lots of money left, which he doesn't. It wouldn't surprise me if 2017 is the last year of CIG...

According to my sources, nobody quite knows what to do about GamesCom yet. And that was the same sentiment just last week!

They won't be doing any R&D demos this time apparently. But though my sources claim that rumors suggesting that streamers will be playing 2.6.3 during the show are false, one specific source has said that the goal is to live play sessions of 3.0 running in the same manner that they have done in the past. So far no word on whether or not streamers will be allowed to play it; either live during the show, or in closed sessions. Especially since it's still running at around 10 fps when you hit the moon. And that's on a LAN (which is what they will be running at the show).

So far, no word on SQ42.

Andrew

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 04:31:54 PM »
So far, no word on SQ42.

They have to show something. If SQ42 is a complete no-show the result is hard to calculate for them. And how hard can it be to show something - anything? They somehow showed the Morrow-Tour. They'll have something. Some sort of trailer-video I'd guess, no live demo (bc then there would've been a trailer by now I think). But I don't think they'll risk going to gamescom without anything at all regarding SQ42.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 04:27:03 AM »
So far, no word on SQ42.

They have to show something. If SQ42 is a complete no-show the result is hard to calculate for them. And how hard can it be to show something - anything? They somehow showed the Morrow-Tour. They'll have something. Some sort of trailer-video I'd guess, no live demo (bc then there would've been a trailer by now I think). But I don't think they'll risk going to gamescom without anything at all regarding SQ42.

Right. Well they did show The Morrow Tour back in 2015. Even though they got flak last year for not showing it, I don't think they care anymore. Especially since it's most definitely not coming out this year at all.

Both GamesCom and CitizenCon are going to be a balancing act in every regard.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 06:44:59 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk