Author Topic: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch  (Read 294750 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

Re: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2018, 04:51:45 PM »
Derek is there any new insight into the flight model now that the guy who was developing it has been gone for some months ?

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2018, 05:26:23 PM »
I have the feeling that regardless of how buggy, how jumpy the game is, how many projected goals they fail to meet, how many outlandish promises and proclamations Robbers makes these fool backers will continue to support this abortion at least with words, if not financially. They are in denial. Even if they know the cause is lost they will refuse to admit it right p to the very moment that they appear on the SC Refunds reddit.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2018, 04:54:41 AM »
Derek is there any new insight into the flight model now that the guy who was developing it has been gone for some months ?

There was a CitizenCon panel about it. As expected, it was just the usual nonsense. And they had another broadcast about it a few days ago.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 04:58:49 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2018, 05:02:00 AM »
I have the feeling that regardless of how buggy, how jumpy the game is, how many projected goals they fail to meet, how many outlandish promises and proclamations Robbers makes these fool backers will continue to support this abortion at least with words, if not financially. They are in denial. Even if they know the cause is lost they will refuse to admit it right p to the very moment that they appear on the SC Refunds reddit.

I know we've seen this cycle before, but my gut feeling is that the 3.3->3.3.5 build are going to be the breaking point for backer faith because they have a lot riding on that content.

They're never - ever - going to get around the performance issues, let alone the buggy crash-fest that OCS + NCB among other things have now introduced.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2018, 09:16:45 AM »
Prediction, Robbers rolls back the current and proposed changes but he releases a few more rereleased ships and sells a few more pricey models, a second release of this pocket carrier. These rubes will simply keep opening their wallets. Only if they slow contributions significantly will you see any change to the current buisness model. It wont even be a change to the buisness model, ikt might be suprise release of some crap to mollify the unwashed.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2018, 01:18:05 PM »
Prediction, Robbers rolls back the current and proposed changes but he releases a few more rereleased ships and sells a few more pricey models, a second release of this pocket carrier. These rubes will simply keep opening their wallets. Only if they slow contributions significantly will you see any change to the current buisness model. It wont even be a change to the buisness model, ikt might be suprise release of some crap to mollify the unwashed.

Yeah, that was my prediction in my latest article as well. As to the rubes, never underestimate the faith. I mean though guys gave them almost $4M this past CitizenCon because they saw new flashy things - none of which even signaled that a game of any kind was forthcoming.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2018, 05:05:37 PM »
FYI, the Star Citizen bug report db (aka Issue Council) has hit a new milestone for the on-going 3.3 patch.

It's now got 23 (twenty-three) THOUSAND bug reports.

Don't panic though; I'm sure they're working on them.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council

StanTheMan

« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »
There was a CitizenCon panel about it. As expected, it was just the usual nonsense. And they had another broadcast about it a few days ago.

The fact they have these two clowns theory crafting the flight model after all these years is absurd...it sounds years off and still in design.

You don't have a Star Citizen game without a flight model do you ?

jwh1701

« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2018, 07:16:39 PM »
The fact they have these two clowns theory crafting the flight model after all these years is absurd...it sounds years off and still in design.

I'm still wondering about Pritchett's departure and what happened to his many years of work, including Chris talking about bringing it in house. What could it all mean and the many conspiracies that can be theorized on the topic.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #235 on: October 30, 2018, 05:46:46 AM »

Wasn't Star Citizen billed as a Space Sim? Are there any other simulation games that were only just working out what to do with their core model after seven years of development?

Did DCS World implement coffee drinking before the flight model? Oh no, they didn't at all because they realised it is a shit idea  :laugh:

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2018, 07:16:42 AM »
I had an email saying I'd had a reply but...dum dum duurrrrrmmmmm, it's all gone now.

Was it not relevant? SC is proposing to have thousand(s) of players together using cloud tech and now EA is trying the same thing. Mayhap it isn't impossible after all.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2018, 07:27:20 AM »
I had an email saying I'd had a reply but...dum dum duurrrrrmmmmm, it's all gone now.

Was it not relevant? SC is proposing to have thousand(s) of players together using cloud tech and now EA is trying the same thing. Mayhap it isn't impossible after all.

It was off-topic and I moved it to another forum. Look there. That's why we have a "show unread posts since last visit" at the top of the forum

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #238 on: October 31, 2018, 07:29:25 AM »
Ok, cheers.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #239 on: October 31, 2018, 11:28:17 AM »
:emot-lol:

Yesterday on my Discord channel, I posted this tit-bit from a source of mine:

I will fucking die if this is true, seeing as I just said this in my article from a few days ago :

"So word going around here in UK is they are considering disabling OCS and some other things before releasing 3.3 to live because of very bad issues and stability. It may not even make it into any release this year. Also, they pretty sure that 3.3 will be the last version for the year"

Today this appears on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9szaeh/330_ptu_period_extended_to_the_20th_of_november/

This is the same build they hyped for release end of Q3, then prematurely released week of CitizenCon for the whale milking.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:37:40 AM by dsmart »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk