Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074194 times)

Slapmeandcallmegurl

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2145 on: December 11, 2019, 04:13:58 AM »
I've corrected your factual error:

There's this young male shepherd right, and he runs into town screaming that he's seen a wolf one of these days a Wolf will come.

It doesn't matter how many times or over how long a period he does this, eventually he will be right.

On a more serious note: do you really believe that with just a bit more time and money they'll be able to make an MMO game good enough to release so as not to rely on ship sales any more ? !!!

I don't believe ship sales will end. Not a chance. No company shoots their cash cows. Starter packs and new concepts will continue to be sold I reckon. Squadron will sell some copies, anywhere from a few thousand to a few million, no idea. The big cast could draw quite a few sales, who knows, maybe it will be a decent game too...

Even half a million sales at $60 is some significant amounts, so it'll be interesting to watch.

I'm still waiting for the oft touted increase in content release for SC, maybe one day it'll speed up enough to keep them afloat. Squadron is so important, can't blame them taking their time on it.

jwh1701

« Reply #2146 on: December 11, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »
That's a lot of mental gymnastics in the comments

One can only imagine the costs to paid just for all the media, videos, outsourcing etc. I believe any real studio
would forgone so much of the fluff that has cost the backers millions. CI has out produced eve which was in existence
so much longer that themselves and most other studios. The whole management of this project is just so over the top ridiculous.

wiser3754

« Reply #2147 on: December 11, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »
I don't believe ship sales will end. Not a chance. No company shoots their cash cows. Starter packs and new concepts will continue to be sold I reckon. Squadron will sell some copies, anywhere from a few thousand to a few million, no idea. The big cast could draw quite a few sales, who knows, maybe it will be a decent game too...

Even half a million sales at $60 is some significant amounts, so it'll be interesting to watch.

I'm still waiting for the oft touted increase in content release for SC, maybe one day it'll speed up enough to keep them afloat. Squadron is so important, can't blame them taking their time on it.

Slap I have a question to ask you about the global economy. What's your view on it going into 2020/2021? Alot of high end billionaires like Jeff Gundlach are anticipating a major downturn soon. Do you believe that a major economic downturn might hit whales who will have to close their wallets to concentrate on essentials?

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2148 on: December 12, 2019, 07:09:40 AM »
Slap I have a question to ask you about the global economy. What's your view on it going into 2020/2021? Alot of high end billionaires like Jeff Gundlach are anticipating a major downturn soon. Do you believe that a major economic downturn might hit whales who will have to close their wallets to concentrate on essentials?

You want some random internet dude's opinion on how a potential global recession may impact spending on Star Citizen?

How very strange.

I have no idea. Good stocks to buy in times of recession are alcohol producers though, no matter how shit the situation, people need their escapes. Perhaps internet spaceships are they same.

Sounds like you're clutching at straws to me. Has this record breaking funding year got you worried they won't collapse?

wiser3754

« Reply #2149 on: December 12, 2019, 03:37:38 PM »
With the way the financial system seems to be crashing with large banks such as Deutsche bank on the brink of collapse and almost every major developed country in heavy debt, it seems to me that when the next global financial crisis hits the whales aren't going to be opening their wallets.

And a record breaking year in sales is meaningless if CIG's expenses have again reached another record breaking year and they've made a loss for the year ending 2019.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2150 on: December 20, 2019, 11:55:18 AM »
Weekend lols.

Star Citizen backer launched GoFundMe to sue CIG - for fraud.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/civil-suit-against-star-citizen-cig
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #2151 on: December 21, 2019, 02:54:14 PM »
Weekend lols.

Star Citizen backer launched GoFundMe to sue CIG - for fraud.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/civil-suit-against-star-citizen-cig

That is very funny to see, be great to see him reach the goal and help burn more of the backers money in another lawsuit.

StanTheMan

« Reply #2152 on: December 23, 2019, 04:12:40 PM »

That is very funny to see, be great to see him reach the goal and help burn more of the backers money in another lawsuit.

Unfortunately it looks like he needs a lawyer.  His complaint is all over the place. 

jwh1701

« Reply #2153 on: December 24, 2019, 05:22:13 PM »
Unfortunately it looks like he needs a lawyer.  His complaint is all over the place.

That is true but anything to add to the lols. The insane backers are on yt today, had nothing but brain dead insults while ignoring facts and links today.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2154 on: December 26, 2019, 10:22:33 AM »
The perfect Christmas gift for the money launderer in your life

Legatus Pack Updated - Now $35,000
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #2155 on: December 27, 2019, 09:25:37 AM »

LOL I have been asking for this on yt for so long on many of their videos, went as far as saying a 50k tier.

wiser3754

« Reply #2156 on: December 27, 2019, 01:08:23 PM »

This is just getting out of hand. 2019 was supposedly CIG's best year for funding via pledges/subscriptions and yet they feel the need to dump this on the whales . . . Again?

I know Derek has already looked at the 2018 financials which he
deduces that CIG burned theough more cash (56 million) than they made which leaves the question how much did they burn through this year? 60 million+? Have CIG gone from 4 million+ per month to 5 million+ and over? What's the end figure gonna be  before they either release a "finished" product or shut down? 500 million or more?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2158 on: January 04, 2020, 03:54:20 AM »
Twenty one million dollars in funding from November and December...wowsers.

Motto

« Reply #2159 on: January 04, 2020, 04:09:04 AM »
Don't feed the troll!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk