Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314703 times)

Joseph

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2016, 01:12:21 AM »
Hey Derek,

What's the source on 2.6 not having Star Marine? If so, that's just pathetic.

Darklegend1

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2016, 05:17:05 AM »
Hey Derek,

i feel sorry for the devs of star citizen due to  roberts and his empty promises...even after working hard the devs get burned everytime.   :rip:

and trust me their funding wont stop as they will pull another fake rabbit out of their hat on next livestream showing that lone mission on sq 42 and the big whales will again loose their mind and will dump more money into cig basket.

realty is their priority is not making the game but the presentations and ship advertisement(hate those).

keep widening the scope of the game and one will always have the excuse not to deliver ever.

They have 137+ million dollars for christs sake they should be deploying all their men power on delivering not just gasping more and more money. there is a limit to milking
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:26:17 AM by Darklegend1 »

Kyrt

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2016, 07:02:44 AM »
They have 137+ million dollars for christs sake they should be deploying all their men power on delivering not just gasping more and more money. there is a limit to milking

One could argue that what they should be doing is what they have been doing.

Focussing effort on creating the tools needed to create the game, while working on enough" content" to ensure a steady  - albeit unreliable - revenue stream

The problems here are that Roberts promised to deliver in 2 years what seems likely to need 8, if all the features are added, especially given that he also needed to create the tools to deliver the game, such as the planet generation system and the actual game engine. We all know CIG are working on the netcode and I've been told that is a major aspect of the game that impacts on other systems -not to mention the flight model which on would have assumed would have been locked down some time ago if they hoped to release SQ42 in 2017.

That also makes me wonder if some of the other aspects of the game - cutscenes, motion captures, scripting and so on - might have been done too early, perhaps as a way to provide work for the developers and whether or changes will need to be made to account for developmental progression such as this

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2016, 07:14:10 AM »
Hey Derek,

Myself, and several sources. It wasn't in the update push last night. Apparently some of the files are in fact in the build, but SM itself - as of last night - was NOT enabled (it has a separate menu like Arena Commander)

Official CIG announcement on Reddit. No word on SM

Official CIG announcement on RSI website. No word on SM

Also this Reddit post was deleted shortly after

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:37:03 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2016, 08:24:05 AM »
I have updated the OP.

Also added links to my discussions with Ben Parry one of the rendering programmers on the project. This was sparked by this discussion about the SC world size.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2016, 10:40:11 AM »
For a $137 million project that likes to tout "openness", it's interesting that since 2.6 was released to Evocati yesterday, backers have no clue what's in it. Particularly it doesn't contain Star Marine; and CIG never even mentioned it.

Meanwhile, some backers are spreading false rumors that it is released.....just because they claim to have seen some file assets in the download. :D

somedude

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2016, 11:02:33 AM »
For a $137 million project that likes to tout "openness", it's interesting that since 2.6 was released to Evocati yesterday, backers have no clue what's in it. Particularly it doesn't contain Star Marine; and CIG never even mentioned it.

Meanwhile, some backers are spreading false rumors that it is released.....just because they claim to have seen some file assets in the download. :D

Good, let them spread the word. Tears will be harvested when they'll open their eyes ;-)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2016, 03:45:34 PM »
Some Shitizens are still spreading false rumors that SM is in the build. It's not.

In fact, now even the /r/StarCitizen/ denizens are actively stifling any information about this. My guess is that by the time word is widespread, they're hoping that CIG would have released it as an update.

Just now posted on my Discord channel:

the subreddit is cracking down on anything pertaining to whether or not star marine is in the release pretty hard. That post from yesterday was deleted. two threads about it have been removed. their posting guidelines about evocati leaks are the following: "When an Evocati testing session begins, information about it may not be posted until one month after the end of the session in question. Exceptions to the rule include posting the fact that an Evocati session has started, and very basic information regarding the Evocati session theme (e.g. "Balance is being redone." or "3.0 Evocati testing has begun")." I would consider whether or not the main component of the patch is actually in the patch to be pretty basic info but I guess not..

It goes like this: dev (pushed by devs for testing) -> QA (internal QA) -> Evocati (usually the same build as QA) -> wide testing (out of Evocati to larger group, usually subscribers) -> live (wide public release)

Like all builds, the Evocati builds have a unique internal build number that is incremented with each update. The updates during the Evocati test phase, go through the normal test cycle.

And it's all one build. They don't send different builds to different groups.

This release of 2.6 sans Star Marine indicates to me that either i) they want to test other things first before pushing it to Evocati from SQ or ii) it's so badly broken, that it's never coming out this year.

Note that they had slated Dec 8th as the official release. That date pushes up against the holiday sales. So this preemptive move to push 2.6 to Evocati, to me, is yet another carrot stick ploy by CIG to boost confidence during the upcoming sale, then post-sale, announce that SM isn't coming after all, let alone 2.6 going wide. Mark my words.

It's horrible. And this sort of thing is why it is hilarious to me that whales keep funding this project.

And here is Ben Parry saying he can't even talk about whether or not SM is in the 2.6 build. And my response.

WRT Star Marine, contents of evocati builds are NDA'd, but also I don't work in CS, QA or production, so why would I know?

LATEST: /r/StarCitizen_Leaks/ (<--- run by a known Shitizen, so approach with caution)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:36:20 AM by dsmart »

Kyrt

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 04:48:53 PM »
TBH...I don't really care whether or not it is in this build.

What I want to know is if it will be in 2.6 when it is "released".

I would guess that CIG would very much want to include least some form of SM so....unless it is badly broken...SM will be in 2.6 in some form.

Having said that...it makes no sense to not include SM in the current build unless it were badly broken. IF it isn't in the build...that siggests it osn't ready for release and if it were close to being fixed, holding nack the testing so a full version could be tested wouldn't be a bad idea.

Scruffpuff

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 05:49:27 PM »

I would guess that CIG would very much want to include least some form of SM so....unless it is badly broken...SM will be in 2.6 in some form.

Having said that...it makes no sense to not include SM in the current build unless it were badly broken. IF it isn't in the build...that suggests it isn't ready for release and if it were close to being fixed, holding back the testing so a full version could be tested wouldn't be a bad idea.

Well that's the situation CIG has placed themselves in by relying on faith and continued donations to attempt to develop this game.  Star Marine is not in this build because it's badly broken, and they can't afford for people to see it in the condition it's in, or it threatens funding.  Even if it's close to being fixed (which for all I know it could be), they can't hold back the release because they promised the "2.6" regardless of what it contains - to delay it would affect backer faith, and threaten funding.

It's all about keeping up appearances, and with the product they've got in their hands, it's really a no-win situation for CIG.  Delay the patch and threaten faith, or release buggy Star Marine and threaten faith?  Thus we have the solution:  release "2.6" with Star Marine "coming soon."

Kyrt

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2016, 12:39:46 AM »

Having said that...it makes no sense to not include SM in the current build unless it were badly broken. IF it isn't in the build...that suggests it isn't ready for release and if it were close to being fixed, holding back the testing so a full version could be tested wouldn't be a bad idea.

Well that's the situation CIG has placed themselves in by relying on faith and continued donations to attempt to develop this game.  Star Marine is not in this build because it's badly broken, and they can't afford for people to see it in the condition it's in, or it threatens funding.  Even if it's close to being fixed (which for all I know it could be), they can't hold back the release because they promised the "2.6" regardless of what it contains - to delay it would affect backer faith, and threaten funding.

It's all about keeping up appearances, and with the product they've got in their hands, it's really a no-win situation for CIG.  Delay the patch and threaten faith, or release buggy Star Marine and threaten faith?  Thus we have the solution:  release "2.6" with Star Marine "coming soon."

Maybe....I can't say why SM wouldn't be in the build, if the rumours are true. Not being ready...ie broken...would be a good one but the correct thing to do would be to hold it back completely rather than patch it in later and restart the testing phase.

So...either the rumours are wrong and it is in 2.6, or it is broken and won't be in 2.6 or it is broken and will be patched in later.

I still think CIG really really really want to release 2.6 with SM in some form.  I think not having it in would threaten funding as people are expecting it and it has been shown. I don't think people would accept the explanation it is so broken they can't even showcase the version they showed off.

Of course, there could be problems integrating SM into the main build but again, if that were the case, pushing 2.6 out now for testing instead of letting the evos wait a couple of weeks while the build is fixed would seem to be more of a marketing ploy, to get some news into the stream before the Christmas period starts.

Personally, I think that unless SM is really, really broken that there will be some form of SM in the release version of 2.6. It might be buggy and released with a health warning and missing most features...but i think it likely it will be there.

2.6 with SM has been promised for months. It's the main feature backers have been waiting on. It would be a sign that SM is in real trouble if it were delayed till 3.0.

I don't know if the Evocati build has SM. It apparently has some of the files if nothing else so it seems likely the general release will include it. In what form? I can't say but I think it very likely it will be released.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:10:17 AM by Kyrt »

Darklegend1

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2016, 01:51:42 AM »
CIG is under a lot of pressure bcoz of the production schedule they released. though they said its just estimates but if the backers see that they cant even plan ahead 10 days without any unforeseen problem that can delay them then it is a red spot on cig capabilities thats why they were forced to launch something to evocati and boast that they are sticking to schedule.

i dont know if sm is broken or not but they already have tested flight changes with evocati so i dont know what the evocati is supposed to check in this build .

if releasing this build without sm was cig plan then they would have kept open about it , even made statements like" to adhere to the high fidelity experience we want to offer you we are testing the build in stages" but they didnt and are quiet about it means.... 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2016, 06:55:00 AM »
The hilarious thing is that what they're doing now is precisely what I said yesterday. They're using lies and obfuscation to say that SM is in 2.6, while attempting to buy CIG time.

All of a sudden, saying that "Star Marine isn't in 2.6" is somehow not true because the "files exist in the build".

It's astonishing.

Not only did they construct a GIF (not even a video) of hacked images, but someone actually got solo play working by hacking the build and posting a video of it. There, SM exists! har! har! har!

I am going to say it again. This project is FUBAR. It's only a matter of time now before it all comes apart.

The SM debacle is just another part of the fiasco. The module was already deprecated over a year ago. Now imagine you're a dev working on such a module, which now needs to be brought back because it's the only tangible release for the year, seeing as SC and SQ42 were already a bust. Now you have to make that old code, work with the new code. This is where we are. There is no plausible reason for SM to be brought back, even after croberts himself went on the record saying that it was already in the PU.

So, this WHOLE year, with SC and SQ42 a bust, SM is the only thing they've got that shows any sort of tangible "progress"

Basically, 400 people with over $130+ million couldn't produce a stand-alone fps module using an engine built for an fps. Yeah.

Star Marine solo play using hacked files as per this Reddit thread which I posted yesterday:

The reality of the 2.6 :

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:13:44 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2016, 07:37:32 AM »

Rogerio

• Smarties
  • Tickle me, Sandi.
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2016, 08:25:47 AM »
Someone made a Star Citizen progress chart

This is a good resource to check out the promised features!

But there is an inherent problem with the green checked features in which it says they were completed, what I mean is, those features that are tagged as complete, will mean nothing at all when they ultimately fold the project.

So all in all, until they release EVERYTHING as promised, all the child and parent features, complete or incomplete at the moment, will mean nothing.

I feel for the genuine backers who were led to part money based on pie-in-the-sky dreams and lies.

But since the start of your blogs and research into this subject, all the subsequent backers/whales/shitizens who were fleeced out of their money, those I have no pity at all as they got plenty of warning and were told countless times where to look for the big red flag waving at them, at the sound of the loud sirens ringing.

When this FUBARED attempt at a game folds, the amount of salty tears seasoning my popcorn bucket will be glorious! :D  :lesnick: :sandance:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk