Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330841 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #465 on: March 28, 2019, 11:51:17 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

mtn355

« Reply #466 on: March 31, 2019, 04:16:15 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #467 on: March 31, 2019, 07:36:11 AM »
Yeah those comments are a Gold mine of hilarity. I like the reply to that one dude who said croberts has been a lifetime success.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #468 on: April 02, 2019, 09:07:47 AM »
I wrote a thread about the latest CIG filing, with emphasis on a glaring shocked in Ortwin's affidavit.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:52:03 PM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #469 on: April 02, 2019, 11:10:03 AM »
I wrote a thread about the latest CIG filing, with emphasis on a glaring shocked in Ortwin's affidavit.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1113104704354037761

Ortwin seems like just another conman, creating hype to keep the money gravy train going no wonder he and Chris have
been working together for so long. Thx for going through the legal docs.

wiser3754

« Reply #470 on: April 02, 2019, 07:44:59 PM »

What happened to the settlement? Is it still in the air or did Crytek tell CIG to blow it out their airlock?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #471 on: April 03, 2019, 05:23:54 AM »
What happened to the settlement? Is it still in the air or did Crytek tell CIG to blow it out their airlock?

There was never a settlement. CIG tried to bring it up months ago, but Crytek said they weren't interested until after discovery.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #473 on: May 05, 2019, 08:46:59 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #475 on: May 09, 2019, 07:51:15 AM »
It clearly says, in option C of the second poll you reference, 'continue to offer stretch goal rewards in addition to extra features...'

So 88% of people, bothered enough to vote, said yes to extra features. I feel you're lying about others lying.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #476 on: May 09, 2019, 09:41:00 AM »
It clearly says, in option C of the second poll you reference, 'continue to offer stretch goal rewards in addition to extra features...'

So 88% of people, bothered enough to vote, said yes to extra features. I feel you're lying about others lying.

My post stands as was originally written because I don't write blogs for complete morons.

Each time it comes up that the game’s scope had been increased to a level that had set the project on a course to failure, CIG and their devout cultists would trot out the “backers voted for scope increase” lie, and which they have since used as an excuse for the project’s on-going demise. They completely disregard points raised that the poll data doesn’t show any consensus or agreement in any of the options, since not even a simple majority agreed on any one option despite each participant being allowed to select three choices. They were given three votes each, and they still failed to put any of the choices above a 40% support threshold; suggesting that there was no majority support from the community for any of the stretch goal choices in the poll. As some pointed out, given three instead of one choice should have ultimately pushed any choice to 50% or higher. In the end, the poll clearly showed that CIG did the poll, ignored the results, then went on to increase the scope of the project – even beyond the poll choices! That basically negated the poll in its entirety, thus rendering it moot.

FYI, that option C in that $19M poll had THREE conditional qualifiers to a SINGLE question "what should we do with the crowd-funding counter after we reach our goal". That goal being the $23M.

1) keep it up through development

2) continue to offer stretch goal rewards

3) in addition to extra features and development milestones

That you call me lying, even though I posted the poll, complete with results and anecdotes, was a nice touch.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:42:39 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #477 on: May 09, 2019, 09:45:34 AM »
:emot-lol:

Tweet from the American Bar Association about the Forbes article

https://twitter.com/ABAesq/status/1126313360885198849

"The story of Star Citizen,  a crowdfunded video game that raised more than $200 million and still hasn't been released after seven years: ambar.org/301YPEB"

My response

"When the ABA starts tweeting about the multi-Million Dollar Star Citizen scam, the @FTC and @AGBecerra probably aren't far behind. But they're probably waiting until the scam hits the $500M mark before they take action to protect consumers."

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1126510223462518784

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #478 on: May 09, 2019, 11:05:36 AM »
My post stands as was originally written because I don't write blogs for complete morons.

FYI, that option C in that $19M poll had THREE conditional qualifiers to a SINGLE question "what should we do with the crowd-funding counter after we reach our goal". That goal being the $23M.

1) keep it up through development

2) continue to offer stretch goal rewards

3) in addition to extra features and development milestones

That you call me lying, even though I posted the poll, complete with results and anecdotes, was a nice touch.

So 88% isn't a majority? Ok.

Extra features were part of the poll answer that received the 88% majority.

But somehow, anyone using the fact that 88% of voters wanted extra features as an argument are lying?

You are so weird...

DemonInvestor

« Reply #479 on: May 09, 2019, 01:27:51 PM »
I find it quite silly to point towards are poll generally asking if people would want more...
That's like some rockband asking you if you'd wanted another album of them, while you liked the first on or the teasers for the first. Surely you'll say yes.
But that doesn't mean whatever comes after that is in really legitimized by your vote on another album.

The whole bullshit with StarCitizen is that CRoberts have lied about timetables and giving full insight into finances.
People simply can't make informed decision about additional features or what should be added if they're not informed of the costs. And people have never be informed of any of that with this 'great transparent' development project. Most budget wise estimations in terms of time have been bullshit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk