Author Topic: 3.0 Progress Watch  (Read 144949 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:38:29 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: 3.0 Released To PTU
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 04:36:29 PM »
My best guess is that they are so strapped for cash at the moment that they didn't have a choice anymore. Release 3.0 to the backers to show that progress is being made in the hopes that the shit it is doesn't weigh up to the hype so people will buy more jpegs in the sale.

The fact that they are willing to take this risc probably means they don't have a choice. This will be the final act in the ELE

I was expecting them to do this, but in Dec. So the fact that they have a week long sale now, just screams desperation.

Meanwhile, I like how Shitizens are all like "Derek Smart said 3.0 didn't exist! Here it is!" when in fact I said that over a year ago, documented the entire 3.0 shit-show (see link in my OP) etc. And almost a year later, just like 2.0 and Star Marine before it, they release it prematurely with zero gameplay loop, nothing to do etc because they need the money. They're so starved for content, croberts should shit in a bag and send it to them, and they would be OK with it.

If any proof was needed to show that the project is FUBAR, they just released it.

Another example of how they are fleecing their backers. See how subscribers are ahead of concierge in the release schedule? They already have the concierge money. So they want those and others to pay monthly subscription in order to gain access to a game THEY ALREADY PAID FOR!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:42:34 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 04:46:42 PM »
You forgot to mention the most important part: Please note that the complete Alpha 3.0 experience is not in this build, as some features are still being implemented and refined. These features will be added to future builds when ready for wider testing.  :D

Some features....  :lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 07:19:52 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 07:22:09 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 07:34:46 PM »
So someone broke the encryption on Star Citizen data files and leaked them.

UPDATE: The audio files

Dialog transcript

SOMEONE, PRESUMABLY THE CROBBLER: Action!

QUINT: Hello and welcome to another edition of Showdown. I am your host, Eria Quint. Senator Kyle Polo stunned the Empire by withdrawing his bill for increased military cutbacks for senate consideration and will reintroduce the bill for public referendum. The move has sent shockwaves through the Empire. My guests come at the issue from two very different perspectives. My first guest is the host of the controversial opinion show Plain Truth. Please welcome Parker Tyrell.

TYRELL: Great to be here, [hell-ha-lah?]

QUINT: My second guest is decorated naval combat pilot, and current flight leader of the legendary Squadron 42: Commander Ryan Enright.

ENRIGHT: [bored, disinterested, sleepy?] Hi. Thanks for having me. Mister Tyrell.

QUINT: Commander, how has the... navy responded to this... development?

ENRIGHT: [as above] High Command has taken this very seriously. They understand the public, and Senator Polo's frustration. So, to defuse the situation and eliminate the need for the initiative, they have introduced a top-down mandate for all departments to quantify and justify their spending habits. Now, I know that people like Mister Tyrell have become critical of the UEE and and are hesitant to accept that there' is any--

TYRELL: [interrupting] First, I just want to clear up a big misconception here. I don't hate the UEE, I don't. What I am, eh, ah, critical of, as you say is this sea of lies in which we seem to be drowning. Sorry, is something funny here?

ENRIGHT: Sorry, you're just doing your, eh... [sounds like he's choking on his own saliva]

TYRELL: ...what?

ENRIGHT: I enjoy your show, sorry, carry on.

TYRELL: You enjoy my show? Thank you very much. That's a delight to know that Squadron 42 is tuning in. Ehm, the Polo Initiative is in the right direction. To me, the idea that we can finally force the military to end the rampant corruption and unchecked spending that, unfortunately, has become its defining characteristic is very, very welcome.

ENRIGHT: I don't think that's entirely fair. There's a very real danger here exposing potentially sensitive ops...

TYRELL: Right, okay, yeah. Sensitive... or illegal?

ENRIGHT: ...what?

TYRELL: Thank you. That look right there, there it is. That's the issue -- you gave it away. If High Command is so terrified to let elected officials look behind the curtain then there's clearly something going on that they'd rather keep quiet. So! To me, the Polo Initiative is not just about money, it's about accountability. It's about ascribing consequence to your actions. It's about letting the people know what you're really up to.

ENRIGHT: I understand, Mr Tyrell, but looking at line items in a budget and the reality of the situation? Are two very different things.

TYRELL: Oh, right, because a simple civilian couldn't understand the MASSIVE EPIC COMPLEXITY [Enright snorts] of what the military does!

ENRIGHT: That's not what I said.

TYRELL: I might be a simple commoner to you but fifty million credits? For a new type of rivet? That sounds to me ridiculous.

QUINT: You are referring to the leaked comm exchange alledging that naval RnD attempted to develop a new proprietal rivet--

TYRELL: It's not alleged.

QUINT: --for, for their ships.

TYRELL: Yes, it's true. It's not just a a-ah-ah-uh an accusation. It's absolutely fact.

QUINT: Commander?

ENRIGHT: I'm a pilot. I don't deal in rivets.

TYRELL: Right, okay, fair enough. But will you then concede that High Command must be held to the same fiscal accountability as the other branches?

ENRIGHT: Well, no.

TYRELL: Right, okay then, it's holding the Empire hostage. These are the same kinds of tactics that Iver Messer pulled before he seized--

ENRIGHT: Woah, woah, woah. How did we get to Messer?

TYRELL: Yeah, because I see a military content to spend billions of credits on RIVETS! And new lasers! When there are people on Ferrun who haven't got enough to eat, who can't get food on their plate! I don't think that's a crazy comparison.

ENRIGHT: I get it.

TYRELL: It's easy to run away with it--

ENRIGHT: [thumping the table? shouting] NO! Stop. You need to understand that a ten percent budget cut is not as simple as you think. It means less patrols, and that means less security. As soon as the Vanduul and the criminals realise this... they will... exploit it.

TYRELL: Here we go, Eria. I was wondering how long he would take to get to this argument. This is the classic military smokescreen they have been using for centuries! It won't work! Vanduul attacks are down! Some scholars even believe that the pattern of attacks might indicate a cessation of hostilities altogether.

ENRIGHT: You're talking about Harbinger's study?

TYRELL: Yep.

ENRIGHT: He's wrong. Vanduul inactivity is not a sign of victory. They hit us on their terms, not ours. They have dictated the pace of this conflict. [pause] They won't stop because we haven't forced them to. [pause] They don't see us... as a threat.

TYRELL: So what do you suggest? Keep the status quo, starve our populace, so we can wipe out an alien species?

ENRIGHT: No to the first two. Yes to the third.

[long pause]

TYRELL: You want to exterminate them?

ENRIGHT: Absolutely.

[another long pause]

TYRELL: Is it too late to start the Messer comparisons now?

ENRIGHT: Says the man who makes a living manipulating the public.

TYRELL: Hey, I do not manipulate anyone--

QUINT: We- we-

TYRELL: --All I do is tell the plain truth and if you don't--

QUINT --need to take a quick break--

TYRELL: --like hearing it then that might be a problem with--

QUINT: --when we come back, we'll be getting, uh, we'll be getting our guests through the rapid fire round and getting their opinions on all the hot topics of the week. All that, and more, on Showdown.

SOMEONE, PRESUMABLY CROBBLER: And cut!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:52:59 AM by dsmart »

premiumnugz

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 08:37:05 PM »
So someone broke the encryption on Star Citizen data files and leaked them.

What do they tell us? Any juicy revelations?  :cop:

Motto

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 03:46:24 AM »
Yes, every chapter has a letter instead of a number. When put together it spells "Derek Smart Was Right"

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 05:31:55 AM »
FF to 3:36:00 and watch. Also, the comments are hilarious.  :laugh:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203688567

Also, I added a link to the leaked audio files in my SQ42 post above.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:48:40 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:06:25 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2017, 06:11:03 AM »
4K video by this guy on Reddit

He is claiming to have been running this at 4K on a 16GB i7 5820K, with a 980-ti on an SSD drive. Yeah. OK.

Zero gameplay

Basically an E3 type presentation of glitz

#notagame

Code: [Select]
- 04:30  Player starts walking around the station and heads to the landing pad
- 11:30  Player onboard their ship about to take off
- 13:00  Low flight over space station
- 15:00  First quantum drive jump
- 19:00  First planetary approach for some rocky and sandy landscapes sightseeing
- 27:00  Low level canyon flying leading to the first landing

N0mad

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2017, 08:59:21 AM »
FF to 3:36:00 and watch. Also, the comments are hilarious.  :laugh:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203688567

Also, I added a link to the leaked audio files in my SQ42 post above.

It's hilarious. That's the second time I've seen someone trying to land their ship, have their ship glitch and get stuck. So this is both game breaking and common. Which begs the question, how come it's not fixed after a year in development? It might be that their custom physics system and the ship interactions with it are so insanely complex that short of wiping the code and starting again, they can't fix it. That probably goes for all the physics bugs. They may be able to do some quick and dirty fixes for certain situations but the physics engine, to my eyes, looks irretrievably broken.

randomness

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2017, 10:48:22 AM »
Ok , so I am  pretty sure that this is the be all end all for fence-sitters .
At this point, the only people that will end up supporting this game will be the hardcore fans with tons of cash sunk into the game, or people with 40 dollar packages who resigned themselves with the money as a failed gamble.
I'm pretty sure all the rational folks will have made up their mind till January, and there's not really anyone left to convince to  one side or the other. You're either already hardcore dedicated to the game, and no amount of broken promises or broken patches will sway you to abandon it, or this game is a dud and CIG will never make it work.

Unless that sq 42 presentation in December is mindblowing  :lol:  , this patch will pretty much make sure there are no more people left on the fence.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2017, 10:53:40 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2017, 02:24:21 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk