Author Topic: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch  (Read 295362 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #570 on: May 25, 2020, 09:08:29 AM »
Is there supposed to be a game somewhere in that roadmap?

What does your heart tell you?  :emot-allears:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jham

« Reply #571 on: May 25, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »
Is there supposed to be a game somewhere in that roadmap?
It's like Where's Waldo, without the Waldo.

jham

« Reply #572 on: June 12, 2020, 06:39:00 PM »
This is why I love watching this project. The scope of the elevator panels got away from them.  :laugh:

Elevator Panel Updates
The feature’s scope has increased in complexity since we initially planned this as an Alpha 3.10 goal and we will need more time to make the necessary UI code changes. We’ve moved this card to the Alpha 3.11 column.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #573 on: June 13, 2020, 02:19:01 AM »
This is why I love watching this project. The scope of the elevator panels got away from them.  :laugh:

You don't understand... such immersive technological wonders have never been done before in a video game!  :grin:
I mean every other game is so stupid it puts arrows in a menu to show there's something to scroll... but you ever looked at a smartphone? There are no scrolling arrows! This really shows you how brilliant the CIG people are and it's a great filter for idiots, so that only big brain people can leave the new apartment complex and such  :grin:

jwh1701

« Reply #574 on: June 13, 2020, 07:49:45 AM »

LOL I saw that earlier and had a good laugh and I should believe they can implement 1000 player server meshing, vulkan, VR, etc.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #575 on: June 14, 2020, 12:22:55 AM »

You can't parody CIG when they manage to come up with shit like this themselves.

They really are unable to do anything without it suffering from insane scope creep. Roberts has really created an awful culture in that company.

wiser3754

« Reply #576 on: June 14, 2020, 01:50:20 PM »

Like the stock market, it seems the more broke things are the more money it seems to rake in.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #577 on: July 04, 2020, 07:42:22 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #578 on: July 05, 2020, 01:58:01 PM »
<Roadmap image>
Staggering development.

Seriously, there is hardly anything done in 3.11, and they had that whole thing about how they are splitting the teams to work on different patches (which seemed like a stupid idea anyway tbh).

The fact they don't have anything past the next patch on the roadmap is bonkers. That seems like they are trying to hide their engineers estimates, or have no faith in their ability to esitmate, both are fucking shit.

N0mad

« Reply #579 on: July 05, 2020, 03:08:46 PM »
Maybe all work is focused on a flashy (and entirely fake) Squadron 42 video to persuade everyone that they're actually making some progress.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #580 on: July 07, 2020, 07:58:00 AM »
While this may not be a popular opinion, I have a sinking feeling that some *bad* is amiss and playing out in the background. There are rumors - but I don't know much atm; so nothing to share.

jwh1701

« Reply #581 on: July 07, 2020, 08:05:52 AM »
While this may not be a popular opinion, I have a sinking feeling that some *bad* is amiss and playing out in the background. There are rumors - but I don't know much atm; so nothing to share.

I definitely believe that something is occurring, when adaptec sold out and the exces gave themselves millions the leadership went silent roughly a month before. Then we find out that the entire Adaptec company was sold and 5600 of us were laid off with a 1 hour notice while they moved it all oversees.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 11:14:57 AM by jwh1701 »

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #582 on: July 07, 2020, 08:59:05 AM »

Interesting, let's see if anything comes of it. They seem to be continuing along with lots of funding but little progress at the moment.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #583 on: July 08, 2020, 06:09:22 AM »
Interesting, let's see if anything comes of it. They seem to be continuing along with lots of funding but little progress at the moment.

Yeah, but the funding is just part of the smoke and mirrors.

BigM

« Reply #584 on: July 19, 2020, 05:37:49 PM »
It amazes me after all this time, people are still giving money to this loser.

Just shows we are living in strange times.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk