Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 187599 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2019, 03:06:57 PM »
:emot-laugh: you got me spreading fud  :wink:

Oh i totally think sales won't keep their current levels. The mood was swinging around, as far as i can tell. And i think your analysis of them actually needing money was spot on. But i'm less critical about Chris finding way to keep the whole thing afloat for a bit longer.

Well he already proved that he couldn't keep this crap going on for much longer. Hence the $46M with strings attached. I can't wait to see what dubious bs they get into between now and Q2/2020; but as I said in my Twitter rant of earlier, now that he has a third-party investor who has the ability to sue him into the ground, more likely he keeps the bs to a minimum.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2019, 03:07:45 PM »
The trolls are here to be as they are, fools. Let's watch them play in their soiled underpants and stop feeding them.
We can speak the truth smash them over the head with tax filings and they still see what their rose colored glasses show them.

They have nothing new to say. No new pearls of wisdom. Nothing to bolster their case. So lets either ban them, or stop feeding them.

Well, then we'd have an echo chamber hug box with nobody to lol at.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2019, 03:13:19 PM »

Plus it does help me to get a better understanding of financials with everyone taking the time to respond.

Lord_Savage

« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2019, 03:32:33 PM »
Well he already proved that he couldn't keep this crap going on for much longer. Hence the $46M with strings attached. I can't wait to see what dubious bs they get into between now and Q2/2020; but as I said in my Twitter rant of earlier, now that he has a third-party investor who has the ability to sue him into the ground, more likely he keeps the bs to a minimum.

Anybody investing $46 million would have a team of financial lawyers/experts reviewing the books before dumping that much into CIG. These aren't just a couple of bored 'Trust Fund' babies.

I will agree with you that it's a GREAT thing to have them on the board of trustees to keep then focused. I sold off most of my ships to the 'grey market' for a small profit but still believe in the project. I sold the majority after they missed their Squadron 42 - Episode 1 release date for 2016... then 2017.

I had a blast playing Arena Commander for a few hundred hours a couple of years ago. I might jump back in when Alpha 4.0 debuts and they implement 'Server Meshing.'

StanTheMan

« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2019, 05:42:43 PM »

Sure but don't we have to believe this Investor has some reasonably viable plan to get his money back and then some ?

Obviously that doesn't mean backers necessarily get a game.

Anybody investing $46 million would have a team of financial lawyers/experts reviewing the books before dumping that much into CIG. These aren't just a couple of bored 'Trust Fund' babies.

Yes but that guarantees very little...  Investing isn't an exact science.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 05:53:57 PM by StanTheMan »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2019, 08:51:53 PM »

I'm sure that CIG and Robbers will manage to keep us amused. THe comments in various chats, and You tube videos give us plenty.

Does anyone actually have a list of how many times Robbers claimed a new release date for S42 or for new patches and failed to meet them? I think they should have seperate counts. Perhaps a Lie counter on the page to track lies another for broken promises, TOS changes ( to screw backers).
Maybe when they look and see that he lied 47 times (as an example) about the release date and we CLEARLY (we always knew but now they know too) now know that EVERY claimed release date as complete fiction because they are no closer today than they were in 2016. If you can document the number of times Lucy moved the football for Charlie Brown perhaps they can place it in prospective and no longer dismiss it as "game creation is hard" and realize that he  never was even close and he has been stringing us(them) along for years and will continue to for many years to come.

What are they sayiong now 2020 for an Alpha, or was it Beta, who knows, that will probably change too. The only thing that has been consistent about this "project" is the ability for Robbers to keep the Donkeys chasing the carrot and the ever changing goalposts.

Hey dickheads, Look He lied outright 47 frigging times, do you think he is going to stop now, morons?

Ah, why should I care? I got my refund. I really hate to see new people get sucked into this dumpster fire. Call it a sense of justice. I would like to see the bad guys get their just deserts once in a while. Clearly CIG is the Enron of gaming.
Too bad they cant figure out we are not mere "haters" but more like former addicts seeking to keep new ignorant gamers from getting sucked into this collective miserable cult.

I have to get back to playing, either the Division or Rebel Galaxy.

Lord_Savage

« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2019, 04:40:52 AM »
I'm sure that CIG and Robbers will manage to keep us amused. THe comments in various chats, and You tube videos give us plenty.

Does anyone actually have a list of how many times Robbers claimed a new release date for S42 or for new patches and failed to meet them? I think they should have separate counts. Perhaps a Lie counter on the page to track lies another for broken promises, TOS changes ( to screw backers).

To be fair, can we put one side by side with Derek Smart and 'Line of Defense?'

A nod of respect with that said for Derek Smart & co-developers with the capabilities to design a complete PC game but as Derek Smart is quoted [time-stamped below] during Derek Smart's interview in April of 2012 when he predicted a goal of 'Line of Defense' being released for 'retail' in 4 to 5 months of his interview... delays happen. YEARS of delays when exploring new software innovation in PC game design.

Prediction of 'Line of Defense' @ 7:53 time-stamp:

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2019, 04:52:27 AM »
And whose money went to develop it? Did backers prepay 200 million dollars and sit on their hands with little to show for it? Sorry. It's not the same, not even close.

If Robbers spent his own money, or a publishers there would be no issue.

This is like Tesla but at least Tesla has produced some cars. Robbers has an out of square twisted frame with wheezy 2 stroke engine and it's under size for the vehicle it purports to carry.

As soon as he gets his new partners to fund returning everybody's money and continues the project privately to eventually ( many years from now) release it to a paying public, all will be well.

Resin

« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2019, 06:04:06 AM »
I didn’t know that Derek has been selling in-game content and concepts for his project enriching himself in the process...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2019, 06:16:57 AM »
To be fair, can we put one side by side with Derek Smart and 'Line of Defense?'

A nod of respect with that said for Derek Smart & co-developers with the capabilities to design a complete PC game but as Derek Smart is quoted [time-stamped below] during Derek Smart's interview in April of 2012 when he predicted a goal of 'Line of Defense' being released for 'retail' in 4 to 5 months of his interview... delays happen. YEARS of delays when exploring new software innovation in PC game design.

Prediction of 'Line of Defense' @ 7:53 time-stamp:

The really funny part of it is that if you followed my dev history, or even that of LoD, you would know that my games aren't delayed for lack of technical expertise. More often than not, it's because of lack of resources (team + money = not cheap) because I fund ALL my games and use people from around the world, which is challenging all by itself.

In the case of LoD, a few months after that interview, it dawned on me that I was wasting time trying to use my custom Battlecruiser/Universal Combat engines to develop that game as I was spending more time stripping and replacing stuff, than I was building a [smaller, non-sim] game. So I re-started with a new engine based on Havok. Then Microsoft bought Havok and killed that engine, thus removing my ability to complete the XBoxOne and PS4 versions which were already reviewed and approved by both platform holders. So once again, I had to switch to UE4 or lose all the effort and money on a PC only game which would definitely mean huge loses for me as I didn't spend all this time and money on a PC only title. When I look back at the screen shots from all the various versions since 2011, I am actually horrified because next to Battlecruiser 3000AD (my first game), it's my second longest game in dev.

And in between all that time, I designed, developed, and released (in 2015) a multi-platform game in order to recoup some of the money spent as a result. If I had lots of other people's money, I wouldn't care, and would have just continued with the PC only game. Not to mention that I also started to work on an improved version of my best selling game series, which I worked on right through this past holidays as well and ended up releasing three versions in the past week (one was last night).

People who try to compare me (who has shipped over a dozen games) to this Star Citizen train wreck, not only make me smile, but it makes me look good because my accomplishments as a 30 yr industry vet - and indie - it means that I am an overachiever in comparison to those guys whereby 500 of them only came up with a screen shot generating machine after spending over $250M of other peoples money. :emot-lol:

Delays are a factor of any process, not just game development. However, in the case of Star Citizen, the delays were self-inflicted due to bad management, bad planning, and wanton incompetence by the people in charge. To wit, if they had stuck with the original pitch, there would've been a game out by 2015. Instead, as we now know, they've been bleeding money because it came with no strings and croberts felt that he could basically do what he wanted. We have seen the results.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:24:11 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2019, 06:20:41 AM »

Of course. But so are the investors who put BILLIONS into other ventures. The latest train wreck being Theranos. If all investments and investors were smart, there wouldn't be any losses and everyone would be rich from their investments without ever posting loses. So that some investor gave croberts $46M has more to do with risk vs reward opportunity, than it does about a smart business play.

I will agree with you that it's a GREAT thing to have them on the board of trustees to keep then focused.

It depends on how the strings (which we don't know about) were implemented in the purchase contract. Also, I mean it's not like croberts has much room left to do stupid shit anyway. And I'm sure that he knows it.

jwh1701

« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2019, 10:03:17 AM »
Of course. But so are the investors who put BILLIONS into other ventures. The latest train wreck being Theranos. If all investments and investors were smart, there wouldn't be any losses and everyone would be rich from their investments without ever posting loses. So that some investor gave croberts $46M has more to do with risk vs reward opportunity, than it does about a smart business play.

Theranos is great examples of over promising/scam. I would also add magic leap as they showed demos that the product was not capable of while raking in millions.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 12:58:31 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2019, 10:51:49 AM »
Oh yeah, we're all definitely waiting to see how ML ends up.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2019, 12:16:57 AM »
Someone has gone to a great effort here to edit out all of CR's bullshit, and just leave his core message.

TROLLOLOL

jwh1701

« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2019, 08:59:55 AM »
Someone has gone to a great effort here to edit out all of CR's bullshit, and just leave his core message.

TROLLOLOL

LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk