Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075588 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #495 on: November 08, 2017, 06:45:03 AM »

LOL!! The answer is no. It's not possible. It never was.  And it never - ever - will be. At all.

It's all in The July Blog where I called this back in Summer 2015 but then got attacked by both RSI/CIG and their rabid fans.

http://dereksmart.com/2015/07/star-citizen-blogs/

You should read it. Word for word, it precisely encapsulates everything that I said would be problematic and that they could never - ever - pull it off. And that was at $85m at the time I wrote that they couldn't do it for anything less than $150m, a capable engine, and a team that actually knows how to build space games, let alone MMO ones. Now, five years later, we're at $163m, no game, no capable engine, and Star Citizen isn't even 15% completed. To say nothing of Squadron 42 which nobody has seen since the Godawful The Morrow Tour trailer from Q4/2015.

This is the biggest crowd-funding disaster in history. And it's evolved into an outright scam. They're no longer selling a game. They're selling the concept of a dream; and there are a few whales still funding it out of spite, attrition, and sunk cost fallacy. It's an amazing phenomenon to be sure.

The only thing to come out of it is that Chris Roberts (who has run every single company he ever had a hand in, right into the ground) and his friends and family, got rich.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #496 on: November 08, 2017, 11:21:37 AM »
Meanwhile, over there: Are we backing a game anymore?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

nightfire

« Reply #497 on: November 08, 2017, 01:33:43 PM »
If CIG stops selling ships, people will take it as a sign of problems. If CIG keeps selling ships, it's a problem. When can CIG win? Probably never. This is project hypochondria every little thing is taken as a bad thing that could, at any moment, spell doom.

It seems to me that these are typical symptoms of PSS (Ponzi Stress Syndrome) or OCJD (Obsessive Compulsive JPEG Disorder)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #498 on: November 08, 2017, 04:02:31 PM »
If CIG stops selling ships, people will take it as a sign of problems. If CIG keeps selling ships, it's a problem. When can CIG win? Probably never. This is project hypochondria every little thing is taken as a bad thing that could, at any moment, spell doom.

It seems to me that these are typical symptoms of PSS (Ponzi Stress Syndrome) or OCJD (Obsessive Compulsive JPEG Disorder)

Why not both?  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #499 on: November 08, 2017, 05:47:17 PM »
Also, CIG has asked all employees to no longer do repeating shows. Even the super whales. This is going to go down so well.

https://twitter.com/StarCitizenAA/status/928000254615617536

Bensday is on hiatus. @RobertsSpaceInd  asked employees not to do recurring shows. That’s all the info I have at this time.  #StarCitizen

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/928241589394305029

Yeah, because it's going to be easy to spot those no longer there. But that's nuthin'. It's only the beginning of what comes next. Wait and see. At least you will have the memories.

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/188522103 FF to 1:30

"[my twitch name] is STARCITIZENAA, because you know I was dedicating my life to that damn game. Now I'm gonna be playing SOUTH PARK or DESTINY 2. Forget it, I'm gonna start a new show, it's gonna be called DS DAY."
  :vince:

@3:00 Courtesy of SomethingJones

Batgirl:
Maybe we could start a new show. We could do a show with the RECEPTIONIST at CIG. Call it... Call it... Conversation From The Water Cooler At CIG. Hey, the grapevine is 70% accurate."

Twitch Viewer:
Have you thought about a show were you interview backers and how they feel about certain things?

Batgirl:
Yeah actually I have thought of that. But that would have to be specific backers and... or MANY backers, like having them come into this chat channel...

Twitch Viewer:
Yeah that's what I mean, have a group come in and you just have like a round table discussion.

Batgirl:
(whilst docking at Lubbock Ring in Elite Dangerous) I think that's what happens on our Friday night Twitch stream, only we get drunk when we do it.

@05:00
Batgirl:
I'm longing to play some Star Citizen, I just don't know if we're ever going to get the game at this point.

(long pause)

Twitch Viewer:
Oh... quit being down it's just a bump in the road

Batgirl:
But they bumped MY road! Not somebody else's, MINE.

Twitch Viewer:
But didn't they bump everybody's road?

Batgirl:
But nobody else was doing BENSDAY, I was

Twitch Viewer:
Well it's personal that way. When they do it to YOU it becomes personal to YOU.

Twitch Viewer 2:
I thought it was more of an organisational announcement

Batgirl:
Well no, they said 'no more recurring shows', there's only one person that does a recurring show, that's Ben.

Twitch Viewer 2:
I'm sure it's the WHINERS

Batgirl:
What whiners?

Twitch Viewer 2:
The ones that complain about, not having you interview... or complain that everything's not (audio cuts) cos they're too lazy (audio cuts) to look in places besides the website

Batgirl:
But... aw whatever. I know people whine about it but the people that matter don't.

Twitch Viewer 2:
If that's all they're seeing on Spectrum cos most people don't bother with it like me, I didn't even know there was stuff going on again on the forums...

Batgirl:
There's stuff going on on the forums?

Twitch Viewer 2:
Apparently there's stuff I've missed, I've gone, 'ah, I'm not even gonna dive into that'

Batgirl:
Joe consistently plays forum commander all the time, so if you ever want to know what's going on on the forums, talk to him

Evidently in a fit of rage, I rage-purchased Destiny 2

Twitch Viewer 2:
What were you so angry about that made you purchase that? We're here to talk, it's THERAPY

Twitch Viewer 1:
(laughs his ass off)

Batgirl:
I need a hell of a lot of therapy at this point. Nah, I have a son that's probably gonna play it, that's what happened
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:07:13 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #500 on: November 10, 2017, 08:15:35 AM »
LOL!! So backer whales have started getting their cards

Apparently, they think it means "Loyalty until the end"  :laugh:

A Goon familiar with Latin, says:

Quoad with any form of the indicative means "as long as." To make quoad mean "until", you need the subjunctive.

"Faithful as long as we will die" is ridiculous.

The reason they got into this trap is that they didn't want to use "dum", a much easier adverb to work with. But it looks like "dumb", which they are.

Meowz

« Reply #501 on: November 10, 2017, 09:22:02 AM »
I had one of those, the "Black" version. Sold it for twice what I paid to some googlie-eyed backer who didn't understand why I wanted to part with it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #502 on: November 10, 2017, 11:59:45 AM »
I still have my Platinum one. Collectors item! :woop:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #503 on: November 10, 2017, 05:39:18 PM »
Meanwhile, over there

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/11-9-17-new-burndown-not-looking-good-for-ptu-rele/628921

I'm too disappointed. they just deleted a post i started an hour ago to say not to expect 3.0 anytime soon.

I'm concierge and you dare to delete my post on this forum. Shame on you. No free speech on this forum.

im not disappointed, im fucking disappointed.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #504 on: November 12, 2017, 04:35:51 AM »
Meanwhile, over at the targeted harassment hate sub

It's shocking that this happened shortly after one of the mods, Jester86, got busted using an alt to promote Grey market ships in the /r/Starcitizen_Trades sub that he also moderates.

From Beet Wagon, one of the /r/Starcitizen_refunds mods :

lmao, Jester using an alt account to advertise black market services on the refunds subreddit. Now I've seen it all.

Exhibit A: this post by one Ivan_SC advertising black market shit on /refunds

Exhibit B: Jester responding to comments in that thread with comments clearly written as "Ivan" lol. These comments don't exist because as soon as he realized the issue he deleted them, but since he's flagged for manual comment approval they're still in the modmail. Whoops!

It's a common issue if you use their app - it'll show you PMs and comment replies for all your accounts regardless of which one you're currently signed in as. It also lets you respond to them, and doesn't show you which account you're logged in as until after lol. Reddit is shit.

https://i.imgur.com/UqSFbsI.jpg

It wasn't long ago that OSC ripped him a new one for his bullshit.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:56:17 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #505 on: November 12, 2017, 05:07:25 AM »
Meanwhile, over at the targeted harassment hate sub

My comment which I posted over on SA

Quote from: SomethingJones" post="478309066
They've lost all the credibility they thought they had within the space of 5 minutes of Jester fucking up, so they're just going to shut it down, lmao

:laffo: yeah.

It's amazing that shortly after one of the mods of a hate sub, who just so happens to be a mod of a for-profit Star Citizen sub, gets outed with an alt, they decide to finally make good on setting the Reddit to read-only.

AFAIK BoredDellTechnician was never a part of the bullshit the Reddit turned into. I have had several exchanges with him, and didn't get the impression that he was at all in favor of what the Reddit had turned into. So for him to come out and actually post about this, says volumes. It truly is The End.

It won't save them from the ire that I am in the planning stages of raining down upon them as my gateway to RSI/CIG. It's not like they weren't warned for two years. All it takes is just ONE of those ass-clowns for me to make my point.

As Usenet refugee from the old days, for me, it's a bitter sweet moment because I really didn't mind the sub all that much; as long as they weren't going over the line. But people are who they are, and these dregs of humanity just can't be trusted to be decent, nor can they help themselves.

Fucking :lol: if he thinks I'm going to write a blog about this shit.

A wise man once said:

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. Throughout the history of the internet people have told themselves "I'm going to be the one that gets into an internet argument with Derek Smart, owns him hardcore and shuts him up once and for all" and every single one that has tried have all gone through with their attempts in exactly the same ways. You've seen it most recently on Reddit with his fanclub, or with guys like MoMA. You saw it with Chris Roberts. Now you're seeing it with obey-the-fist!

It's like watching an ever increasing number of people try to put out a fire with their hands, with each one is going "Hah! Those idiots couldn't do it because their hands aren't big enough! Mine are larger and I'm going to spit on them so they're moist! I'll show this fire who's boss!
"

Yeah. My one regret is that when The End of the E.L.E finally comes (it's sooner than most people think), we would have to wade through /r/starcitizen/ looking for the Usual Suspects to laugh at, and harvest their tears.

But they will scatter to the wind, and return from whence they came: obscurity.

And The Internet Warlord, will continue to wage war across these lands, remaining the last man standing after the bombs stop falling.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:33:52 AM by dsmart »

nightfire

« Reply #506 on: November 12, 2017, 05:32:25 AM »
Burn them down, one by one!  :cop:

Motto

« Reply #507 on: November 12, 2017, 05:56:45 AM »
Damn. I was actually looking forward to that Reddit going bonkers after CIG had crashed on every tweet from Derek with new info about the crash and burn / scam. Oh well, maybe that Dell guy will open it up again then :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

StanTheMan

« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2017, 06:29:00 PM »
Burn them down, one by one!  :cop:

That is Greek Fire not Geek Fire.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk