Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1313738 times)

StanTheMan

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2017, 07:22:37 PM »
With all this data I think we can all work out a few similar ways the conference scam season is going to go this year.

I am beginning to think that there will be no 3.0 until after both conferences and we might see something purporting to be 3.0 by Q2 2018 (if they milk enough in JPEG sales on the back of some ropey stitched together bullshit presentation and lies from CRoberts about needing more time to get it right)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 07:25:19 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2017, 05:49:41 AM »
Once again, sources are telling me that the performance issues seen in the AtV video, are thus far insurmountable, and that they don't know how this 3.0 patch is ever getting released without that being addressed.

More talk about it possibly ending up being #justanotherlevel via a menu option.

Claim that if they were to release 3.0 within the "next 90 days", that it would be an unmitigated disaster.

I hope they release it - at least to Evocati (so I can get my hands on it).

CryEngine is legendary for its performance issues in pure fps games. We've seen in the 2.6.x builds just how horrendous it can be with all these fidelitious models in it. Now go and add million plus polygonal planets.

But croberts is arrogant enough to release 3.0, regardless of performance issues, then advocate to backers that they should upgrade their machines to run it. Most of them probably will. The rest will put in for a refund.
Now just imagine those planet meshes have to rotate (on Pi) and orbit (also on Pi) while calculating 64Bit coordinates (position, rotation) for every entity on the panet ... and now share this over the network through UDP ... (little hint it will lag, rubberband and jerk all over the place even if the whole architecture is a gigabit LAN)

I don't believe they're rotating. They're static spheres. Heck, they can't get the ring on Port Olisar to work right, and they're going to rotate a planet? LOL!!  :laugh:

Most of them probably will. The rest will put in for a refund.

Hello Derek;
While I agree with you I still wonder how many real physical backers there are left beside the disabled brains obeyfirst-ish and alike  :shrug:
Also please whoever FED agent reading this, put SG and OF into jail where they belong please. In my opinion, not Derek's for the retards (shitizens) there that don't make any difference. Geez do I have to write this.

According to the data for the recent sales, even though we know that the funding chart is inaccurate, there aren't that many left. This is why they're not making enough money, and now have to continue taking out loans.

Oh, we already burned (got them banned) several Reddit accounts, including obey-the-fist. By the time this is all over, they're all likely to be banned. Especially if they are still around when the final collapse comes. Those guys can't help themselves; so it's only a matter of time before they step off a cliff, and get their accounts burned.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 05:58:36 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #377 on: July 09, 2017, 06:00:28 AM »
With all this data I think we can all work out a few similar ways the conference scam season is going to go this year.

I am beginning to think that there will be no 3.0 until after both conferences and we might see something purporting to be 3.0 by Q2 2018 (if they milk enough in JPEG sales on the back of some ropey stitched together bullshit presentation and lies from CRoberts about needing more time to get it right)

No way they stretch it that long. No way in hell. It's a huge risk and the whole thing will collapse. They've already squandered all backer good will.

I think that if 3.0 isn't ready, that they will release something to Evocati either before or during GamesCom (Aug 22-26), ignore the performance issues etc - just so they can keep the hype going for a bit long.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

mixalot

« Reply #378 on: July 09, 2017, 04:25:52 PM »
Jesus TF christ...have you all seen the White Knight Brigades that've just shown up on the SC reddit to defend the latest 3.0 delay??

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6m3fmc/amid_the_recent_influx_of_idiocy_here_surrounding/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6m6i6x/as_many_still_doesnt_seem_to_know_about_this_the/

I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore by this, but it's really some next level religious devotion on display.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2017, 05:40:58 AM »
Yeah, it's hilarious. But it's their enclave, so it makes sense. Most of those, if you look at their post history, only post about Star Citizen. So that goes toward the notion that some of them are in paid social media accounts.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2017, 05:57:23 PM »
LOL!! Never forget  :bahgawd:

Star Citizen - CitizenCon 2014 Persistent Universe Demo

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #381 on: July 11, 2017, 07:39:50 AM »
That's as hilarious as it looks

Original 2017 schedule

July 2017 schedule

Darklegend1

« Reply #382 on: July 14, 2017, 12:50:05 PM »
Saw today's ATV in that the guy said they are making characters to be used in SC as well as SQ42...

but i recall chris saying that sq42 is all grey box or better so how does this add up..  :wtf:

are they preparing characters for part 2 and 3 of sq42 :laugh: :laugh:

StanTheMan

« Reply #383 on: July 14, 2017, 03:20:23 PM »
Saw today's ATV in that the guy said they are making characters to be used in SC as well as SQ42...

but i recall chris saying that sq42 is all grey box or better so how does this add up..  :wtf:

are they preparing characters for part 2 and 3 of sq42 :laugh: :laugh:

It is just one lie on top of another... :wtchris:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #384 on: July 14, 2017, 06:53:11 PM »
LOL!! latest schedule is out.

At a glance, half the shit (render to texture, mission giver etc) is delayed, but the aim date of 08-25-17, somehow remains unchanged.

God damn LOL!!

Of course there is a new ship sale coming up on July 21st, along with GamesCom around the corner Aug 22-26, so they're not going to touch that schedule to update it with the real release date until the last minute. Like always.

Anyway....

Schedule: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Diff: https://www.diffchecker.com/91Bl6TQY

Completed: 2
Delayed: 7
New Tasks / Refactoring: 3
Remaining: 21
Furthest ETA: Aug 10th

Completed

Personal Manager App
Klaus and Werner Arclight Pistol

Delayed

Inventory System Support
ETA is 20th July (was 14th July)

Entity Owner Manager

Item 2.0 Multi Function Displays
UI have been implementing these screens while supporting other features, so QA can test each area as soon as possible. While this benefits us from a testing point of view, it has resulted in an overall delay in completion.
ETA is 18th July (was 11th July)

Cargo Manifest App

Inventory System
Progress has been affected due to the work on the Search Feature.

Mission System
We are continuing to build on the mission system AI in order for design to implement more missions for inclusion in 3.0.0
ETA is 24th July (was 19th June)

Render to Texture
This system is still in progress, but due to its overall size and some of the other features for 3.0.0 that require Render to Texture, teams are using the system as soon as they are able, which means that Render to Texture is requiring bug fixing support while it’s being developed which results in further delays of the system as a whole. The date below does also take dedicated bug fixing time into account.
ETA is 10th August (was 27th July)

NEW TASKS

RSI Aurora
This is an updated version of the Aurora. We previously didn’t think that we would have the time to complete this rework for 3.0.0, however, with the movement of our release dates we are now able to include this rework with 3.0.0.
ETA is 21st July

Gemini L86 Pistol
Rework of the legacy weapon.
With the moving of our release date, this weapon rework has been signed off to be included for the 3.0.0 release.
ETA is 28th July

Behring P4-AR
Rework of the legacy weapon.
With the moving of our release date, this weapon rework has been signed off to be included for the 3.0.0 release.
ETA is 19th July

REMAINING

- MISSION GIVERS
- DELAMAR / LEVSKI (STRETCH GOAL)
- INVENTORY SYSTEM SUPPORT
- ROVER AND DRAGONFLY IN SHIPS
- ENTITY UPDATE COMPONENT SCHEDULER
- ENTITY OWNER MANAGER
- ITEM 2.0 MULTI FUNCTION DISPLAYS
- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
- CARGO MANIFEST APP
- VEHICLE CUSTOMIZER APP
- SHIP SELECTOR APP & INSURANCE CLAIM
- INVENTORY SYSTEM
- STARMAP APP
- COMMS SYSTEM UI
- MISSION SYSTEM
- RENDER TO TEXTURE
- VOLUMETRIC FOG (still scheduled to be completed on June 9th)
- APOCALYPSE ARMS SCOURGE RAIL GUN (still scheduled to be completed on June 9th)
- RSI AURORA
- GEMINI L86 PISTOL
- BEHRING P4-AR

July 7th Schedule Report

Completed: 5
Delayed: 11
Remaining: 19

July 14th Schedule Report

Completed: 2
Delayed: 7
New Tasks / Refactoring: 3
Remaining: 21
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 07:32:49 PM by dsmart »

David-2

« Reply #385 on: July 14, 2017, 08:14:05 PM »
Render to Texture

This system is still in progress, but due to its overall size and some of the other features for 3.0.0 that require Render to Texture, teams are using the system as soon as they are able, which means that Render to Texture is requiring bug fixing support while it’s being developed which results in further delays of the system as a whole. The date below does also take dedicated bug fixing time into account.
ETA is 10th August (was 27th July)

How odd!  Instead of this major feature coming in completely perfectly, the way CR expects it, it unaccountably has bugs, for which, of course, the necessary time to fix them wasn't planned for, because, as I said, it was expected to be perfect in every way.  There's nothing to be done for it except push out the completion date for this item; completely unexpected delays in a single task are unfortunate, but will have no effect on the overall schedule because the team is just that good.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 08:16:02 PM by David-2 »

Serendipity

« Reply #386 on: July 15, 2017, 04:24:38 AM »
If 3.0 is playable before Gamescom it'll be a miracle. Wonder if the moons will only be available via a menu with no seamless landings...

:lol: if so.

We'll hear the dreams shattering from here.

Meowz

« Reply #387 on: July 15, 2017, 07:58:37 AM »
If moons had a loading screen, be it a short "your ship is entering atmosphere" cinematic I would probably be heartened. It means they realized they bit off more than they can chew and started doing things in the name of making a product instead of blowing all the money on R&D with nothing to show for it beyond tech demos.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #388 on: July 15, 2017, 09:59:27 AM »
You guys haven't been keep up with the latest statements from the GameStar article, have you? Oh boy.

Title Summary

The Technique Behind Star Citizen

So they're not promising 5-10 systems "at launch". So much for...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game/universe

The project is FUBAR

Motto

« Reply #389 on: July 15, 2017, 12:57:15 PM »
Gamestar visited Foundry 42 Frankfurt to play a preview of Alpha 3.0

A preview of an Alpha  :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk