Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1313592 times)

EmmettLazlo

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #945 on: August 22, 2017, 02:42:07 AM »
There are some really unhinged "backers" who will simply lose their minds when their dream world evaporates.

They may well lose their minds but I think they'd just scapegoat (like many already are) and blame Derek for the entire collapse. That despite the fact that he , and I'm sure many of us here share the sentiment, has stated he would love to play the game CIG promised. We just know it's not going to happen.

helimoth

« Reply #946 on: August 22, 2017, 02:47:11 AM »
There are some really unhinged "backers" who will simply lose their minds when their dream world evaporates.

They may well lose their minds but I think they'd just scapegoat (like many already are) and blame Derek for the entire collapse. That despite the fact that he , and I'm sure many of us here share the sentiment, has stated he would love to play the game CIG promised. We just know it's not going to happen.

I agree. They'd need an 'out' in order to save face; nobody wants to admit they were very foolish with their money - especially if it's a rather large amount of money. I think there will still definitely be an angry, vocal section of the backer-base that does start baying for crobert's blood but that the majority will rabbit off something about Derek and trying to make a game nobody has ever made before etc etc. The real question is, once this whole thing is over and done with, will it be the last the gaming industry hears of croberts?  :psyduck:

Motto

« Reply #947 on: August 22, 2017, 02:55:56 AM »
He fucked up in the corporate industry big time and then tops that by going into the history books as the man responsible for the largest crowdfunded failure ever. He'll be lucky if he manages the Fish Taco Van we discussed earlier  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #948 on: August 22, 2017, 05:11:01 AM »

Thing is, I don't have any reason to believe that they would blame me for the collapse; as that would be having to face the reality that one man (who they say is old, cranky, a failed inconsequential gamedev) was able to cause the destruction of a $156M+ project. It's as laughable as it sounds. But since most of the usual suspects are fucking morons, those guys probably would try to pin it on me. And Goons <----  :laugh:

Since July 2015 when I wrote that first blog saying that this problem was completely off-track when Croberts over-scoped it, I have been under siege by the usual suspects. But given my industry history and rep, I normally wouldn't take such a bold stance if I wasn't at least 90% certain that I was right. As time moved on, I got 100% convinced that I was right. And CIG keeps helping to prove that, each passing day.

The issue now is not when the final collapse will come; it's what form it will take. I still don't buy into the slow burn death spiral, as that's what I have already deemed to be the on-going E.L.E. I believe that it will be a singular event that's already in the works, and which I can't say much about.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #949 on: August 22, 2017, 09:38:25 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Mehlan

« Reply #950 on: August 24, 2017, 11:54:52 PM »
  Hey, go find Chris comments on where SQ42 'stood' in 2016 and compare it to it's 'status' now according to Chris at GC 2017.

The various magazine were reporting Chris as stating that SQ42 was at 'Greybox or better'...

Now at Gamesonc 2017 Roberts is reported as saying  'They’re still working on final assets, but all the missions and chapters are blocked out. Each chapter would be several missions in say Wing Commander. They’re somewhere between white and grey boxes.'
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vrnxr/gamescom_day_2_live_show_notes_erin_chris_roberts/

So, according to Chris Sq42 has actually gone backwards in development over the last 10 months.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #951 on: August 25, 2017, 12:10:08 AM »
They say that when you are a habitual liar the real problem lies in not remembering which lies you told where.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #952 on: August 25, 2017, 04:39:53 AM »
  Hey, go find Chris comments on where SQ42 'stood' in 2016 and compare it to it's 'status' now according to Chris at GC 2017.

The various magazine were reporting Chris as stating that SQ42 was at 'Greybox or better'...

Now at Gamesonc 2017 Roberts is reported as saying  'They’re still working on final assets, but all the missions and chapters are blocked out. Each chapter would be several missions in say Wing Commander. They’re somewhere between white and grey boxes.'
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vrnxr/gamescom_day_2_live_show_notes_erin_chris_roberts/

So, according to Chris Sq42 has actually gone backwards in development over the last 10 months.

Or he was lying again. I'm going with that.

Mehlan

« Reply #953 on: August 25, 2017, 06:09:55 AM »
  Well not a whole lot of options....

Either he lied, he has no clue wtf he's doing or both.

Of course I'm sure we're going  to see something to the effect that he was 'mis-understood' again...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #954 on: August 26, 2017, 07:06:02 AM »
Oh, and they quietly changed the schedule during GamesCom. Projected 3.0 release now Oct.

Report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Diff: https://www.diffchecker.com/2HwalFtY
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:09:24 AM by dsmart »

CatEars

« Reply #955 on: August 26, 2017, 08:50:55 AM »
Looks like a plan to try to release to Evocati on the 9th October and release to PU on October 27th....the date of Citizencon.

N0mad

« Reply #956 on: August 26, 2017, 08:55:51 AM »
Expect that date to slip then  :laugh:

Motto

« Reply #957 on: August 26, 2017, 09:46:04 AM »
That's tricky. If they don't have anything to show for at Shitizen Con, they cannot show the horror from CG again. If they do release it to the Avocado's and it is a disaster, it'll kill Shitizen Con. The only way to save this trainwreck, is by having a decent 3.0 build during Shitizen Con. And based on yesterday, that's never gonna happen.

Chris presented his own downfall yesterday. And he knows it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:04:58 AM by Motto »

Darklegend1

« Reply #958 on: August 26, 2017, 12:46:07 PM »
Oh, and they quietly changed the schedule during GamesCom. Projected 3.0 release now Oct.

Report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Diff: https://www.diffchecker.com/2HwalFtY

wtf according to the schedule they have been working on UI from start of schedule and from august to october they will be working on UI only ... has CIG gone mad!!!

take a look
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/aeasenll0bxtfr/source/300-High-Level.png  :laugh:

They are milking backers high and dry and are not even being smart about their lies... :lol:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 12:48:01 PM by Darklegend1 »

Motto

« Reply #959 on: August 26, 2017, 01:20:12 PM »
Well, look's like 3.0 is almost done. Just some tweaking for the next 2 weeks and then only the UI until Shitizen Con. Yeah, that'll work  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk