Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314652 times)

Moeis

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1095 on: September 08, 2017, 06:00:11 PM »
I really don't see the point in your comments here. "There's no big one", "seems like a nice company with a happy workforce", stuff like that, are all those remarks just to ruffle some feathers? Rattle some cages? See if anyone here takes the bait? Or just trolling a bit?

The thing is, you have absolutely no evidence of the turn-over at CIG. So by stating "I think it's considerably less" you are doing the same thing you accuse Derek of. Pot calling the kettle black kinda thing. The difference being that Derek does have some contacts within CIG and you don't.

It'll be fun to collect all your statements though, you know, after Derek has been proven right.

We have yet seen any proof of Derek Smart having any contacts within CIG.  There is absolutely nothing he has ever said that convinced he ever has.

That's your problem, not mine. And nobody cares, except you guys on /r/ds.

I am not here, and never was here, to convince anyone of anything. I don't control what people do with their money, and I don't care. And I don't care what they choose to believe. That's not my thing, and it never was.

I care about one single thing: vindication (because I know with 100% certainty, that I am right about my assessment) for having been dragged into a shit-storm in which a group of people, mad over a fucking video game, have taken upon themselves to engage in targeted harassment of me, my team, my family, my games etc. All because I wrote a blog.

It's hilarious that with all your heads buried in the sand, even as most everything I write about, coming true (even as you guys ignore them until they happen), this notion of "sources", is all you guys care about. As if that's somehow important. Whether I have sources or not, or just making shit up on the fly, it's all irrelevant because the project is on the decline, is the industry laughing stock, is an on-going active scam, and stands NO chance of EVER becoming a reality.

first of all I don't even know what /r/ds is, so who ever these other guys are I have no idea what you are talking about.
Well so far you have not been vindicated at all, you never said anything that has ever convinced me you were ever right.  As far as I can tell you know just as much as anybody else outside of CIG.  Of everything I have read of yours, the only thing you are right about is the game did not release in 2014.  Everything else saying you are "right" is flimsy at best in my opinion.  I use critical thinking for everything I read, and so far what you have written leaves much to be desired.  Unless I missed something, I can't think of anything you said that came true that wasn't already expected.

You, family, ect, being attacked is wrong and shouldn't have happened.

Till something actually happens that you straight out says will happen that nobody else expected, I see no reason to believe you at all.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1096 on: September 08, 2017, 06:21:36 PM »
first of all I don't even know what /r/ds is, so who ever these other guys are I have no idea what you are talking about.

uh-huh, OK

Well so far you have not been vindicated at all, you never said anything that has ever convinced me you were ever right.

Either your reading comprehension skills are lacking, or  you didn't read what I wrote. Where did I say I was vindicated? Please show it to me.

As far as I can tell you know just as much as anybody else outside of CIG.  Of everything I have read of yours, the only thing you are right about is the game did not release in 2014.  Everything else saying you are "right" is flimsy at best in my opinion.

uh-huh, OK.

I use critical thinking for everything I read, and so far what you have written leaves much to be desired.  Unless I missed something, I can't think of anything you said that came true that wasn't already expected.

Again, that's on you. Nobody cares. I know I don't.

Till something actually happens that you straight out says will happen that nobody else expected, I see no reason to believe you at all.

You keep repeating yourself as if you're trying to convince yourself. I can tell you with certainty, that you're not convincing anyone here. Nobody cares what you think, how you think it, or why. We all have our opinions which we're entitled to. If you, for some reason, think you're important enough that anyone here has to be concerned about your frame of mind and/or what you think of my (or anyone else's) input regarding this on-going scam, then fucking  :lol: man, you're on the wrong part of town.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1097 on: September 08, 2017, 06:24:21 PM »
New totally-not-fake schedule is up, and I just got the latest newsletter (which hilariously has stamina as the topic highlight).

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Moeis

« Reply #1098 on: September 08, 2017, 06:41:13 PM »

uh-huh, OK

Well so far you have not been vindicated at all, you never said anything that has ever convinced me you were ever right.

Either your reading comprehension skills are lacking, or  you didn't read what I wrote. Where did I say I was vindicated? Please show it to me.

As far as I can tell you know just as much as anybody else outside of CIG.  Of everything I have read of yours, the only thing you are right about is the game did not release in 2014.  Everything else saying you are "right" is flimsy at best in my opinion.

uh-huh, OK.

I use critical thinking for everything I read, and so far what you have written leaves much to be desired.  Unless I missed something, I can't think of anything you said that came true that wasn't already expected.

Again, that's on you. Nobody cares. I know I don't.

You keep repeating yourself as if you're trying to convince yourself. I can tell you with certainty, that you're not convincing anyone here. Nobody cares what you think, how you think it, or why. We all have our opinions which we're entitled to. If you, for some reason, think you're important enough that anyone here has to be concerned about your frame of mind and/or what you think of my (or anyone else's) input regarding this on-going scam, then fucking  :lol: man, you're on the wrong part of town.

Well since you don't want to tell me what r/ds is, I guess it was not an important thing at all, so why even mention it in the first place?

You misunderstood what I said.  You said you only cared about vindication.  My point is, despite you saying you have been right about many things, you haven't been vindicated on anything you claim to be right about at this point.  So there is no reason to believe that you will be vindicated in the end either.

Really it is on you to actually prove the things you say, which thus far you have not.  It is on you that I don't believe you, that is your problem.

I don't need to convince myself to not believe you, you are the one that is failing to convince me or any other person like me who uses critical thinking while looking at real evidence.
But you actually do seem to care about trying to convince people, which is why you spend so much time on Twitter, blogs, ect trying to convince people that everything is a scam.  I am not here to convince anybody here of anything, cause I already know that everybody here, with a few exceptions, are full of people that are already believing you.
You sure do seem to get overly emotional over someone saying they simply do not believe you, I don't see any reason for doing such things.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1099 on: September 08, 2017, 07:03:54 PM »
You misunderstood what I said.  You said you only cared about vindication.  My point is, despite you saying you have been right about many things, you haven't been vindicated on anything you claim to be right about at this point.  So there is no reason to believe that you will be vindicated in the end either.

No, I didn't misunderstand anything. You're the one going around in circles. What I said was pretty clear. Here, let me quote it for you.

I care about one single thing: vindication (because I know with 100% certainty, that I am right about my assessment) for having been dragged into a shit-storm in which a group of people, mad over a fucking video game, have taken upon themselves to engage in targeted harassment of me, my team, my family, my games etc. All because I wrote a blog.

Really it is on you to actually prove the things you say, which thus far you have not.  It is on you that I don't believe you, that is your problem.

I don't need to convince myself to not believe you, you are the one that is failing to convince me or any other person like me who uses critical thinking while looking at real evidence.

Again, that circular logic doesn't work on people like me. I don't have to prove anything, to anyone. That's not how that works. And the fact that you think that you not believe me - something which I already said is irrelevant to me - is somehow my problem, just goes to show how hubris and arrogance have no place in meaningful discourse. Even if I was official media, or you were a subscriber (free or paid), the onus won't be on me. No, it would be on you because that's how it actually works. There is a reason why Alex Jones, Rush Limbough and all those ass-clowns at Fox News get paychecks. And that reason ties into why rags like The Enquirer are still in business. Again, you have no clue what you're talking about.

But you actually do seem to care about trying to convince people, which is why you spend so much time on Twitter, blogs, ect trying to convince people that everything is a scam.  I am not here to convince anybody here of anything, cause I already know that everybody here, with a few exceptions, are full of people that are already believing you.

You sure do seem to get overly emotional over someone saying they simply do not believe you, I don't see any reason for doing such things.

So, according to you, someone posting their opinions and missives on social media, on their time, as they see fit, is somehow them trying to convince people of something? Are you high? Do you even know how that sounds?

Here is an example. And since, according to you, your brain processes things differently, back in April 2016, I wrote a blog, Star Citizen - Extinction Level Event, which was the ground zero for my saying that the project had entered an irrecoverable E.L.E. In that blog,

Here is just one quote from it:

You could start with the ever-changing ToS which, effective May 31st, 2016 from their inability to deliver as promised, requires them to provide not only refunds, but also a financial accounting of how the money raised from backers, has been spent. They’re unlikely to do it. And there is a reason that they shifted that date from 12 months (expired Nov 30th, 2015) to 18 months (expires May 31st 2016).

They changed the ToS in June 2016.

So, as example of one of many things that I have been right about, was that me trying to convince people of anything, or just me putting thoughts and opinions on paper, leaving it up to the reader - as all writers do - to draw their own conclusions?

Here is another good one:

For a long time I had written that their refusal to give refunds was illegal and won't stand up to legal scrutiny. Even as they were refusing refunds, and backers getting frustrated, Croberts was on the record in the media saying they don't refuse refunds if there was a reason to give one. Even though he was already saying that 2.0 was substantial enough to refuse refunds.

Guess what happened? A guy who was refused a sizable refund, read my blogs, and decided to test my theory. He went straight to the CA authorities. They agreed with my assessment. CIG refunded the guy. Several others contacted that same CA office. All of a sudden, refunds were a thing and haven't been refused since.

I wrote about the resulting fallout in my July 2016 blog, The Refund Debacle.

Again I asked, was that me trying to convince people of anything, or just me putting thoughts and opinions on paper, leaving it up to the reader - as all writers do - to draw their own conclusions?

I have LOTS more where that came from. Let me know if you would like more. I have them all in a nice Evernote notebook which I used for my book. So it's just a matter of copy and paste.

Moeis

« Reply #1100 on: September 08, 2017, 07:23:03 PM »
yes, you are misunderstanding, but we could go on forever like the Monty Python argument skit.

For how emotional you seem to be in all of this, yeah, I have every reason to believe that you really do need people to believe you, and it upsets you if people do not believe you.  Your actions speak must louder than words.

I used to be interested in LoD, and it seemed like you used to make a lot more progress prior to your crusade against Star Citizen.  Then as time went by I saw the development of LoD really come to a crawl ever since you started your crusade with SC.  You really do seem obsessed with Star Citizen, and that is why I feel you are emotional about it, cause your 2 other projects seem to have suffered because of it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1101 on: September 08, 2017, 07:29:58 PM »
I used to be interested in LoD, and it seemed like you used to make a lot more progress prior to your crusade against Star Citizen.  Then as time went by I saw the development of LoD really come to a crawl ever since you started your crusade with SC.  You really do seem obsessed with Star Citizen, and that is why I feel you are emotional about it, cause your 2 other projects seem to have suffered because of it.

It's cute that you think LoD dev came to a crawl. Nice try. Our last major patch was in March (FYI, the last major SC patch was in April). If we don't have anything new to release, we don't release it. What's there gets on-going testing using our internal server. Aside from the fact that we're doing a port to UE4 in tandem for our console versions. For someone who was "interested" in LoD, you would actually know this if you were following it because I've written several dev blogs and dev status updates about it.

Deflecting Star Citizen discussions to make it about LoD, isn't going to work. Don't bother.

Moeis

« Reply #1102 on: September 08, 2017, 07:34:50 PM »

It's cute that you think LoD dev came to a crawl. Nice try. Our last major patch was in March (FYI, the last major SC patch was in April). If we don't have anything new to release, we don't release it. What's there gets on-going testing using our internal server. Aside from the fact that we're doing a port to UE4 in tandem for our console versions. For someone who was "interested" in LoD, you would actually know this if you were following it because I've written several dev blogs and dev status updates about it.

Deflecting Star Citizen discussions to make it about LoD, isn't going to work. Don't bother.

I wasn't trying to deflect it to be about LOD, rather I was explaining why I feel you are so emotionally invested into Star Citizen, to the point of it effecting the rest of your life in a bad way.

There is more I can say about LOD and the evidence about the development has come to a crawl, but like I said that wasn't my point anyways.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1103 on: September 08, 2017, 07:37:04 PM »
New totally-not-fake schedule is up, and I just got the latest newsletter (which hilariously has stamina as the topic highlight).

Nick over at SA has his analysis online.

Sept 8th "Schedule Report" Report

Schedule Report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
Diff: https://www.diffchecker.com/yRJon1Ib

No features completed. 5 new delays. 3 features had their ETAs removed.

After a solid week of bug fixing and triage, we are happy to report that the critical issue list for Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Evocati is heading back in the right direction. Last week we reported that list had jumped up to 94 major bugs thanks to issues discovered during our Gamescom demos, but this week they received our full attention with a heavy dose of bugsmashing and were brought down to 76. Alongside the triage and bugfixing, we’ve continued to review key features (this week we tackled Comms and Missions), to consider any extra work needed, then we will update the plan for these features for delivery to Evocati, Public PTU, 3.0 LIve, and beyond, as necessary.

This burn down Evocati window is coming to a close soon. Even though this process can be a bit of a rollercoaster ride with crazy fluctuations, even day to day, we feel providing you with this sort of transparency in our development is something of value as you continue this journey with us. We’ll be back next week with further updates as we draw ever closer to 3.0’s unveiling for all our backers.

Completed: 0
Delayed: 5
Remaining: 8

DELAYED:

Cockpit Experience - ETA is TBD (was 5th September)

Vehicle Customizer App - ETA is 11th September (was 4th September)
UI Engineering have been working to fix a few blocking issues in the Vehicle Customisation code to allow them to continue their work in the way they need. These bugs have taken more time than anticipated, which has impacted the completion estimate.

Ship Selector App & Insurance Claim - ETA is 12th September (was 4th September)
Further bugfixing support on other systems was required over the last week. The UI team is aiming to have this completed by early next week.

Comms System UI - ETA Removed
The entire comms system will undergo final implementation review next week. Should there be any further requirements for UI, these will be identified in that review and estimated out.

Mission System - ETA is TBD (was 1st September)
Feedback from the review is still being estimated out.

OPEN:

- COCKPIT EXPERIENCE
- MISSION GIVERS
- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
- VEHICLE CUSTOMIZER APP
- SHIP SELECTOR APP & INSURANCE CLAIM
- COMMS SYSTEM UI
- MISSION SYSTEM
- ADDITIONAL SURFACE OUTPOSTS

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1104 on: September 08, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
I wasn't trying to deflect it to be about LOD, rather I was explaining why I feel you are so emotionally invested into Star Citizen, to the point of it effecting the rest of your life in a bad way.

That's your opinion. By your flawed logic, anyone embarking on something they find worthy of their time, somehow affects their lives in a bad way. Which is precisely how scammers and con artists like Chris Roberts and his ilk, get away with things. Because nobody could be bothered. And people who are scammed, are usually unlikely to report it, let alone acknowledge that they'd be scammed. What I do with my time, is none of your business. I'm sure you would love for me to stop writing about Star Citizen, but rest assured, unless you guys straight up come and kill me - as most have threatened to do - that's NEVER going to happen.

There is more I can say about LOD and the evidence about the development has come to a crawl, but like I said that wasn't my point anyways.

There isn't, because you know nothing about the development, other than what's been made public - by me. Your brain must now have been able to decipher the game's massive changelog. Or you're confusing it with the bullshit that CIG puts out for Star Citizen's changelog.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 07:43:49 PM by dsmart »

Orgetorix

« Reply #1105 on: September 08, 2017, 08:05:06 PM »
yes, you are misunderstanding, but we could go on forever like the Monty Python argument skit.

Just give it a rest buddy, you're not going to get anywhere personally attacking Derek here. If you want to have a full on anti-Derek nerdgasm, take your bunched up panties over to https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/ and fly them as high as you can on that flag pole...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1106 on: September 08, 2017, 08:08:04 PM »

Just give it a rest buddy, you're not going to get anywhere personally attacking Derek here. If you want to have a full on anti-Derek nerdgasm, take your bunched up panties over to https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/ and fly them as high as you can on that flag pole...

I already issued him a warning and deleted his last missive. Next up, he's getting banned. We're just not going to tolerate that here.

That's the thing with these guys, the minute they end up on the wrong side of an argument, the resort to personal attacks.

See how he just flat out ignored my post about the E.L.E blog in which I pointed out two key issues that I predicted and which were relevant to whatever he was claiming. He ignored it, but moved right on to the personal attacks.

We know he's from /r/ds and we'll soon find out who he is, just like we unmasked others (e.g. ConfusedMonkeh aka Serendipity) before him. They simply can't help themselves and it doesn't take long before they out themselves.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:10:43 PM by dsmart »

Moeis

« Reply #1107 on: September 08, 2017, 08:26:49 PM »

I already issued him a warning and deleted his last missive. Next up, he's getting banned. We're just not going to tolerate that here.

That's the thing with these guys, the minute they end up on the wrong side of an argument, the resort to personal attacks.

See how he just flat out ignored my post about the E.L.E blog in which I pointed out two key issues that I predicted and which were relevant to whatever he was claiming. He ignored it, but moved right on to the personal attacks.

We know he's from /r/ds and we'll soon find out who he is, just like we unmasked others (e.g. ConfusedMonkeh aka Serendipity) before him. They simply can't help themselves and it doesn't take long before they out themselves.

I sent you a PM asking you a question about the warning, so please answer it.
Also like I said, I do not know what /r/ds even is, and I do not know why you think I am from what ever that is.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:48:21 PM by Moeis »

Orgetorix

« Reply #1108 on: September 08, 2017, 08:39:12 PM »

I hear ya, they're a bunch of. Well you can't really help, but feel sorry for them to the n°. Because you wouldn't be human if you didn't have a little empathy for them.

On the other hand though, it's just so laughably pitiful when you step back, and take in the whole purview of their sheer commitment to cognitive dissonance.

And its all Over a God Awful Fucking Game, nothing more. The Shitizens have expended enough energy on this cluster fuck to power a small island nation for a decade. All that energy expended over nothing more then pixelated JPEG's. Oh the humanity of it all...

Moeis

« Reply #1109 on: September 08, 2017, 08:46:24 PM »
Anyways, imo the game is making good progress for what I was expecting since lat 2013.  I suspect one of the games (SC or SQ42) to release in 3 or 4 years from now, and the other to come out sometime after that.  Most likely SQ42 to release first in that 3 or 4 years.  I am more interested in SQ42 than I am in SC, mainly because I am a huge Space Combat Sim nerd where my most favorite games are still Freespace 1 and 2, Independence War 2, Tachyon The Frindge, Wing Commander 1-4 and Privateer 1 and 2 to name a some, there are more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk