Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314956 times)

Kyrt

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1425 on: November 05, 2017, 08:38:13 AM »
LOL! Five years later!  Gameplay Engineer, Service & Backend  :doh:

They actually have the nerve to list "one or more shipped products, especially PC products" along with the job requirements.

That seems fairly straightforward and normsl.

What gets me is...

Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards

Considering that CIG seems to be doing the best they can to avoid best practise...otherwise, they probably wouldn't be working on polishing game assets that shouldn't even be created till a Beta was ready while the engine was still WIP...I'm not really sure why they are asking for this.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:56:16 PM by Kyrt »

Motto

« Reply #1426 on: November 06, 2017, 06:14:40 AM »
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 07:10:09 AM by Motto »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1427 on: November 06, 2017, 07:50:05 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1428 on: November 07, 2017, 02:33:45 PM »
Today's Evocati leak

Back again this week for another email Q&A session between my lucky Evocati friend and I. There's a lot of small back-and-forth questions I had for my friend so I lumped them together in the same topic as best I could.

Q: How's testing been?
A: I've been very busy outside of the testing environment, so testing has been sporadic for me. My job sent me out of state last week, so I missed a couple patches. We're waiting for patch O to arrive soon.

Q: How's shopping and missions going?
A: Missions aren't priority testing, so let's skip that. The shopping experience is still very much a WIP, but it's getting there. Dumper's Depot sells individual ship equipment on display like other shops, but you can't interact with the shop keepers yet. Same deal with Miles and Mr. Shadow. Buying & selling cargo is the same as previous weeks. Yes there are new weapons, suits, and armors to try and purchase. Ships can carry/haul cargo boxes 1/4th the size of a 1 SCU box like in previous builds. All cargo boxes are the same size and weight no matter the contents inside. No the cargo boxes do vary in looks and color depending on the contents. No you can't open the cargo boxes. No they are not throw-able. No you can't sit on them. No you can't kick them. (Are you messing with me?) Yes you can stack and place them anywhere you can reach. Yes cargo is persistent. Cargo boxes do spawn on the specified ship when buying them from trade kiosks. They do despawn when selling them. No you can't make profit from selling them yet. Yes the reworked Cutlass can carry two bikes and have enough room for cargo and 6 passengers. Yes cargo boxes can be carried around by your character, but lately the moons' surfaces are quicksand (collision bug) so it's not fun landing ships and vehicles on them.

Q: What improved feature do you like most in 3.0?
A: It's tough to choose just one. My top 3 are the improved party system, improved inventory, and the inner thought selection. Least? the limited fuel we're given, preventing us from reaching other planets in the Stanton System.

Q: Is it true the secret derelict ship is the Javelin? Where can you find it?
A: That is true. It can be found in one of Daymar's plateaus between OM4 and OM6 buoys. It's tough to triangulate because it's one of many unmarked derelict sites and it's surrounded by other land features. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I've yet to see it from space. Levski can be seen from OM2. Its mining hole is a dead giveaway.

Q: What do you say to people who want to end the Evocati phase now and release 3.0 as is?
A: Those people either have short-term memories or they weren't there to experience 2.0 in all its crashing bug-ridden glory. 3.0, as is, still needs a lot of bug-fixing and improvements. Missions aren't working as intended for obvious reasons, and cargo still needs a lot of work. Moons' surfaces are still quicksand and CTDs happen at truly random times. Outpost markers still only appear when you're outside your ship, making it tedious to reach marked outposts. The mobiGlas' star map and inventory apps are still buggy and unresponsive at times. NPCs aren't interact-able yet. The x000x errors are very prevalent, preventing a percentage of ETF members from loading into the game. Insurance still doesn't work as intended, preventing previously-used ships to be locked. The only workaround for insurance-locked ships seems to be re-copying your account to PTU every patch which becomes tedious quickly. Point is, 3.0 is not ready to be tested by non-NDA testers. The wait for 3.0 is painful, but the aggravation and the mountain of salt it will add to the pile is not worth it for the average backer. Patience and persistence is very much a desired trait for testing builds like 3.0.

Q: I know you hate predictions but do you believe 3.0 PTU will come this year?
A: I stand by my previous answer. Don't expect it this month.
And that's it for this week. Enjoy and discuss. To my fellow U.S. citizens, go vote!

P.S. For those who may be angry about the surprise derelict being spoiled, it was your choice to click on this spoiler thread.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1429 on: November 07, 2017, 02:44:55 PM »
Any day now  :toot:

David-2

« Reply #1430 on: November 07, 2017, 03:06:34 PM »
Cargo sounds like a lot of fun!  No wonder people can't wait to get it in the PTU!

Or then again,  :ohdear:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1431 on: November 07, 2017, 05:59:16 PM »
Cargo sounds like a lot of fun!  No wonder people can't wait to get it in the PTU!

Or then again,  :ohdear:

Oh I can't wait to see some dweeb grab a box, take a few steps, he falls through the ship, cargo falls through the level, ship explodes.  :laugh:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1432 on: November 08, 2017, 05:48:20 AM »
Star Citizen Evocati 3.0. Quick! Before they pull it.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1433 on: November 08, 2017, 06:13:41 AM »
I'd love to see an attempt at a gunfight at Koreah like this. LOL.

Flashwit

« Reply #1434 on: November 08, 2017, 09:26:17 AM »
Today's Evocati leak

This sounds a right mess. What are they doing over there in the asylum? It sounds like all they've implemented for cargo is generic boxes appearing and disappearing.

Ghostmaker

« Reply #1435 on: November 08, 2017, 10:37:45 AM »
I just wonder how these feature planning meetings go. 'Hey guys, you know what would be fun and immersive? Let the players have to sort and handle cargo themselves!'.

:wtchris:

And instead of ending with the guy getting thrown out the window (like in that meme), they IMPLEMENT that crap.

Motto

« Reply #1436 on: November 08, 2017, 03:29:45 PM »
Star Citizen Evocati 3.0. Quick! Before they pull it.

Well, that didn't take long. Luckily, I have the offline copy to laugh at  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1437 on: November 08, 2017, 04:02:59 PM »

the_wolfmann

« Reply #1438 on: November 09, 2017, 02:10:32 AM »
Yeah, Goons also have a GIF of it

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohs7VLthtxC2yQMsU/giphy.gif

Wasn't there a longer version of this on Daily Motion a week back? It had some strange title like "The New Chevy or whatnot Commercial". Got taken down as soon as CIG/RobberSI caught wind of it of course...

Can't get tired of watching the "fidelitah" in action though :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1439 on: November 09, 2017, 05:27:34 AM »
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:01:07 PM by dsmart »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk