Author Topic: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch  (Read 120928 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2020, 06:47:11 AM »
Sq42 update, when you can babble of these many techno words they must be competent.

Always cite the source (link) of submissions so that the context is clear.

SQ42:

https://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/squadron-42-update-143128

SC:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17813-Star-Citizen-Monthly-Report-September-2020
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 07:17:15 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

N0mad

« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2020, 02:22:41 PM »
So, the long awaited SQ42 update is live. Is it me or are all the visuals in the clip at the start things we've already seen?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 02:25:00 PM by N0mad »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2020, 06:18:20 AM »
9 yrs of stale
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2020, 03:35:45 PM »
9 yrs of stale

The backlash isn't getting stale.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2020, 03:22:02 PM »

GET HYPED!

Looks like they are planning on releasing the long awaited roadmap for xmas. I am not really sure if they are talking about the fully completed roadmap or one of the stages on the way, I can't keep up with the bullshit anymore. I can't wait for the instructional video into "how it functions". Why the fuck would you need that? Is this gantt chart fidelity or something?

It will be really strange if they release it and it shows S42 releasing any time soon, as what would be the point of a roadmap at that point? If it shows it still being two years away, I wonder what the reaction will be? Given CIG's previous flights of fancy it will not make any target they actually set, will it be enough to get the backers hyped and spending there xmas money?

All I want for xmas is Lolz.

wiser3754

« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2020, 03:33:23 PM »
By the time this roadmap is released Bethesda would've released a teaser or trailer for Starfield. Not to mention Elite Dangerous has a new dev diary coming out early next month. Squander 42 or Shart Citizen are being left in the dust at this point.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2020, 03:43:35 PM »
By the time this roadmap is released Bethesda would've released a teaser or trailer for Starfield. Not to mention Elite Dangerous has a new dev diary coming out early next month. Squander 42 or Shart Citizen are being left in the dust at this point.

It is obsolete really now. Everything they have done is being done by someone else better, it is just the fantasies that remain, the 1000 player space battles, command and control decks for your advanced AI controlled fleet and all that jazz, and that ain't ever happening.

The only thing they are doing better than everyone else is macrotransactions (but not from the consumers point of view).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 03:48:53 PM by Judge_dolly_OG »

Motto

« Reply #247 on: November 19, 2020, 06:30:27 AM »
Everything they have done is being done by someone else better

There is even a bigger scam running somewhere?

DemonInvestor

« Reply #248 on: November 19, 2020, 02:47:03 PM »
There is even a bigger scam running somewhere?

Very likely.
CIG isn't really "big" if you think they're scamming/a fraud. Just take a look at Madoff, Elizabeth Holmes, Kim Woo-jung... Cases like with Wire Card or the Cum-Ex fraud. Or even such funny things as the LIBOR scandal. So i'd say it's more than just propable that currently someone, somewhere is quitely running something bigger - and most likely more clearly illegal than what CIG is doing.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2020, 11:53:16 AM »
The long awaited roadmap is getting it's first live iteration soon:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17901-Upcoming-Roadmap-Update

I assume this is for S42 as that what the backers were concerned about so I stuck it in this thread, I could be wrong. They might save that for another few months so they can show it is still two years away... Spoiler alert, it is not going to be delivered in two years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk