Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 319108 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #585 on: October 13, 2020, 12:23:34 PM »
You can't sell private shares unless you find another sucker. So usually they would just hold onto them and at some moment in time they can just do a loss write-down for the value and take it off their books.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #586 on: October 18, 2020, 09:49:20 AM »
Not really. It's just investment. If they don't see any ROI, they bail. It's how investments work.

I definitely do not understand jpg development. If I was providing assistance to a company that was behind on every front and they were rewarding themselves while failing I would be upset.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #587 on: November 27, 2020, 11:28:17 AM »
I didn't see that coming. Star Citizen is adding another development studio.

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-is-adding-another-development-studio/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #588 on: November 27, 2020, 11:43:40 AM »
I didn't see that coming. Star Citizen is adding another development studio.

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-is-adding-another-development-studio/

Yes it is bonkers. Although, if The Agent is to be believed, the outside investors seem to hold Turbulent in higher regards as they have delivered a few things.

Someone said there were 5 games studios involved now, and not one finished game in 9 years.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #589 on: December 02, 2020, 09:28:25 AM »
I think they're just consolidating and there are layoffs to come. All my sources have since left, so I'm blind to all the inner workings atm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk