Author Topic: GamesCom 2017 - The Hilarity Within  (Read 150626 times)

N0mad

Re: GamesCom 2017 - The Hilarity Within
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2017, 10:29:28 AM »
The only thing CIG are good at is doing tech demos (although the fans seem to think it's the actual game). I bet they have a huge art team who work on it all year - so it will be spectacular and showcase all sorts of exciting things which the fans will lap up.

From what I've seen and read I perhaps think base building will be a feature, maybe with a construction ship - not that this mechanic will ever get into the actual game any time soon.

Motto

« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2017, 10:58:24 AM »
In one hour + 2 min from this post

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2017, 11:36:14 AM »
Oh My God. This is Gamescom 2017  :vince:

Oh my God; the comments.  :supaburn:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2017, 11:38:53 AM »
Derek, can you give us any hints about what to expect from the big event tonight?

- Chris will go on stage and lie his ass off
- Chris won't show most of the 3.0 stuff that's reportedly "disabled"
- They will shill a new concept ship
- Shitizens will rejoice and marvel at the new brand of lubricant they're being offered
- Goons and friends will be set with enough lols to last until end of the month
- The "Derek Was Right" mantra will inch another step closer to totality
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:53:03 AM by dsmart »

ecg

« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2017, 12:13:30 PM »
Can't even get the show out on time....

Via Twitch:
Star Citizen: Hello everyone.
 Moderator KingNewbs: hello Star Citizen
 Broadcaster Verified Star Citizen: As you've no doubt noticed, we have not begun the broadcast.
 Broadcaster Verified Star Citizen: We are still preparing the show.
 Broadcaster Verified Star Citizen: We do not have an ETA for you at this time.

Wow - they actually sold tickets for 30euros to this event... bet the rental for the theater is half of the total they collected.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:24:09 PM by ecg »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »
Feel free to join our Discord channel. Invite code discord.gg/rQMpMYG

Motto

« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2017, 12:24:44 PM »
They're still compiling the R&D demonstration video...

And feel free to use my comments as input for your Tweets  :smuggo:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:28:48 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Motto

« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »
Brian looks like he's about to start crying. It's like he knows the next hour will be the end of his career at CIG. He just wants to go home...

Knight Solaire

« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2017, 12:44:53 PM »
Brian looks like he's about to start crying. It's like he knows the next hour will be the end of his career at CIG. He just wants to go home...

So brutal. I'm sure he can't wait to get away from those two wankers flanking him.

Kribbel

« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2017, 02:04:46 PM »
GC 2017 event stream:
"We now safe where your ship was when you logged out and in what condition it was in."
*omg! no game has ever done that before! oh wait...*

1 players has a DC in the demo = crash! No other can take control of the ship.

Chris: can we get the weapons back or do we need to get them again?
So much for that "feature". (edit: turns out, you have to rebuy) great sql skills you got there

No loading screens.... Chris: Dont show the loading screen. Get off the loading screen. *camera goes wide angle*

AAA freaking game you got there.  Queue: Buy more ships ad!

Hilarious.  Still wondering if those strange moments when people were talking over CR in the demo are live or bad scripting. If 2nd then I feel sorry for the actor player on stage.
(edit: scripted. same 3rd player pilot "John" dialog on 2nd play through after crash when those two "live players" we doing it. although, different route this time soooo 50/50. Well the one thing that bugs me is would you talk over while your CEO is talking? There would be at least some silent moments imho)

edit: that's a 100% controlled environment demo. aaaand it bugs when one player has a dc. yeah sure.. it will be released by october.. ha..hahaha rofl

edit2: personal question, that's the first SC stream I watch in full and I got to ask.. were all of them that bad? It feels like the infamous "Tom Clancy The Division" trailer or something recent the "Destiny 2" trailer where you had "gamers" talking (way to friendly to be real) and at least for "The Division" like 2/3 of what they showed wasn't in the game.

edit3: OK I call scripted because rover tries to get into Idris, bugs, cut scene to 4th person, cut to first person of stage guy, sound bit *3 time is the charm* where was the 2nd try?
Also, we have the guy on stage( on foot), the girl in the basement(driving the rover), and John flying the Idris. Who is flying the ship observing the scene?

edit4: OMG rofl...  they show 3.0 demo, spend half an hour to point out faceware and voip stuff... CR "That won't be in 3.0. It will be in 3.1 and I wont give a release date for that" then how the heck can you live play it now? Especially given that it worked perfectly and you had filters in action to change the sound depending of if the player wears a suit or not + distance.. We saw it, it works, live on stage ... but you don't have it working so... Fake much?

edit5: sry Derek I dont usually spam but that stream keeps on giving and let's face it, you can afford the traffic. At least some people have working games out there ;)
Idris fight in space... pew pew, 4th person view of battle (camera fly over) small screen bot right showing turret firing, nothing to see on the big screen, cut, ship explodes... sure---live play. No pre cut stuff to see here... move along..

question from the crowd: How long until we can do this?
Chris: "How long before you can do this? Well, let's cut to the guys in the basement. Cheers everybody *stream cut*
Chris: Hey 5 min pause, how about we play the jpeg ad again?
Pure comedy

Final edit: "We hope to bring 3.0 to you guys as soon as possible"
They said they had the whole thing (latest 3.0 built, even had updates during live stream) running on their booth setup with Quantum travel disabled.  ( best case wrap the whole thing in an if statement and add a bool var. 10 min max, 10 sec to change it. In short bool is true/false. if statement in that case could be, if quantumtravel is yes(true) then do it, if qt is no(false) dont) So unless they made a mistake then I assume it drops tomorrow and people can play that 3.0 demo they just saw on stage. Well except the network, or voip, or wannabe VR ofc but that was only like 25% of the video.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:47:09 PM by Kribbel »

Kastenbrust

« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2017, 03:00:04 PM »
Guys which stretch goal was this face sharing FOIP stuff?  :supaburn:

GaryII

« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2017, 03:05:44 PM »
 I wonder about additional network load that this feature will create...and yeah even more  feature creep we see here...

N0mad

« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
How many memes will this spawn?

Death ramp #2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk