Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1191834 times)

Narrenbart

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #405 on: March 16, 2017, 03:48:15 PM »
...meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Amazon takeover rumor is beginning to sink in.

Wow, i have never seen so many fanatics at one place, holy damn  :vince:
Calling all kinds of slurs, responding with anger and hostility over a concern? And they're supposed to be adults ranged 25-70? What?

Glad i got out, if anything is going to be the downfall of this game, the hardcore community is going to be partly responsible for it.

Oh this is nuthin'. Just wait and see what happens in the coming weeks after 2.6.2 is out.

This is what some of us have said all along; some members of that community are the worst thing that could have ever happened to the project.
This happens when you...
- Not only don't manage community expectations; fire up and engage wild guesses about possible gameplay for years.
- Sell those dreams in form of overpriced DLC and Skins (This makes the Mecs from MWO a different housenumber)
Therefore your whole Community is based on sunk cost fallacy on the real money and emotionally side - They'll bite you to death if you dare to touch their dreams with reality.

CIG created them, they are bloodthirsty dogs prepared to kill everyone to protect the dream - unfortunately CIG will be the one who destroys the bubble (be it with golf swing mechanics).

Motto

« Reply #406 on: March 17, 2017, 11:53:43 AM »
I'm seriously starting to worry that some people actually might commit suicide when this all collapes. It's unbelievable how far from reality some seem to be. It seems that it would be for the best if this collapses sooner rather then later.

helimoth

« Reply #407 on: March 17, 2017, 12:53:24 PM »
...meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Amazon takeover rumor is beginning to sink in.

Wow, i have never seen so many fanatics at one place, holy damn  :vince:
Calling all kinds of slurs, responding with anger and hostility over a concern? And they're supposed to be adults ranged 25-70? What?

Glad i got out, if anything is going to be the downfall of this game, the hardcore community is going to be partly responsible for it.

Oh this is nuthin'. Just wait and see what happens in the coming weeks after 2.6.2 is out.

This is what some of us have said all along; some members of that community are the worst thing that could have ever happened to the project.

The best thing that could happen to chris roberts though

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #408 on: March 17, 2017, 02:46:27 PM »
I'm seriously starting to worry that some people actually might commit suicide when this all collapes. It's unbelievable how far from reality some seem to be. It seems that it would be for the best if this collapses sooner rather then later.

It's a concern that several people have in fact expressed, given some of the behavioral patterns (in terms of post actions and such) of some of these people. It's uncanny.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Phraccy

« Reply #409 on: March 20, 2017, 01:35:29 AM »
How accurate and legit is this TheAgent leak btw?

Just asking as I no longer know whom or what to believe .... I got out over a year ago (3.5k$ refund, yeah I know, I was THAT crazy) but keep following the game.
While I would absolutely love if th egame would come out as it is being pitched right now, I do know it is rather unlikely.

Obviously Derek is going to cover himself and check the leaks validity (sp?), but still wondering.

Anyway, keep it up Derek! Your efforts actually helped me to get a different point of view on things and question a lot of things in terms of SC, so thank you for that!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #410 on: March 20, 2017, 04:21:59 AM »
How accurate and legit is this TheAgent leak btw?

Just asking as I no longer know whom or what to believe .... I got out over a year ago (3.5k$ refund, yeah I know, I was THAT crazy) but keep following the game.
While I would absolutely love if th egame would come out as it is being pitched right now, I do know it is rather unlikely.

Obviously Derek is going to cover himself and check the leaks validity (sp?), but still wondering.

Anyway, keep it up Derek! Your efforts actually helped me to get a different point of view on things and question a lot of things in terms of SC, so thank you for that!

As it goes with everything related to leaks and rumors, it's hit or miss. I don't know who TheAgent is, but he has hit some of the spots since he first appeared on the scene. I tend to rely on my own sources because so far they've had a very high success rate of passing along info that pans out. I am actually sitting on an huge bombshell atm, but have refrained from divulging it until I get more independent corroboration. My guess is that it will probably play out before I get that. Note: croberts is in Europe.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Phraccy

« Reply #411 on: March 20, 2017, 05:06:15 AM »

As it goes with everything related to leaks and rumors, it's hit or miss. I don't know who TheAgent is, but he has hit some of the spots since he first appeared on the scene. I tend to rely on my own sources because so far they've had a very high success rate of passing along info that pans out. I am actually sitting on an huge bombshell atm, but have refrained from divulging it until I get more independent corroboration. My guess is that it will probably play out before I get that. Note: croberts is in Europe.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, guessed something along those lines. Anyway, I really hope TheAgent is wrong in his latest leak, but we will have to wait and see.
Not sure what you are referring to in terms of CR's visit to Europe, but again, we will have to wait and see.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #412 on: March 20, 2017, 07:32:05 AM »
Meanwhile over at SA, MinorInconvenience had this to say

I probably shouldn't post this, but I feel I must, if only because actual backers like MoMA read this shit. (Internet smartguy bullshit incoming, sorry--feel free to disregard if you think I'm just an idiot 16-year-old in his mother's basement.):

I have a professional interest in fucked-up and dying companies. I am a corporate bankruptcy attorney with a masters in business, with over ten years experience in the industry, and with post-graduate experience in the tech industry. I have seen many companies before, during, and after their descent into insolvency and am admitted in all of the major jurisdictions handling corporate bankruptcies in the US. And based upon my (far too many) years of experience, I'll bet you $10,000 (USD) cash that unless Croberts & Co. have a secret lender who is overjoyed at throwing good money after bad, Star Citizen as contemplated by most of its backers is doomed. They wasted too much money early in the development cycle to continue their burn rate beyond another year or so.

But CIG/RSI is not dead or insolvent yet (it appears). Based upon the public reports of granted refunds, and the lack of public reports of layoffs, it is not too late to get your money back! But it will probably be too late very soon. You will know this once the refunds are granted slower or refused and employees start to be laid off ("stealth" layoffs for "performance" reasons are still popular among most shitbag HR types). Unlike the principled folks at other bankrupt Kickstarter-funded companies that I will not name here, Star Citizen backers' money is at risk and apparently not protected by an escrow account. You backers need to get out right now! Please. I hate to see the little guys get fucked by the corporations, the fat-cat directors and officers, and their secured lenders (i.e., banks). Get out while you still can. I beg you.

If only one backer gets his or her money back because of these stupid ramblings, this post will not have been in vain.

PS: This post does not constitute legal advice and I'm not your fucking attorney.

Regards

And AP had this to point out to some dude (MoMa) who is apparently still convinced that ships will cost more when the game is 'released'. lol

When SC is released, it's said that we'll have the capability of trading ships for UEC, etc. I fully expect people to make out-of-game sale arrangements that involve the transfer of real cash instead of in-game UEC.
Chris Roberts has said dozens of things that he later changed his mind on. The problem with people not holding him to account for this is that there's no downside to him saying whatever suits him best at the time.

So when raising money on kickstarter and giving interviews in 2012, he only needs 500k, then he needs 2 million to prove to investors, then he needs 14 million to do without investors. It's only going to take 2 years as any longer than that and it would get stale. Then later once we reach 23 million we'll be at full funding, honest guv.

During kickstarter, buy this alien vanduul ship for $300, your only chance to get it, $300, bargain, buy this Idris Corvette your only chance to get it $1000, both come with LTI which we won't sell again. What's LTI do? Who the fuck knows I'll make up some bullshit, but it's great and you don't want to miss out.

Later when they want to raise money, LTI is staying for a year, you can gift packages freely between accounts do whatever you want, you only have a year though you don't want to miss out. Also buy this Idris Corvette, yeah we said we won't sell it again but this one is slightly different, it's an Idris P, doesn't come with the big railgun and it costs more, $1250. Good price really and we said we won't sell the Idris M before, not the P which we'd never mentioned. Sure you can get the big gun in game and make your Idris P into Idris M, buy now.

We've going to sell a new Vanduul ship, it's not the $300 one we promised not to sell again, it's a $350 one with more guns.

The Dog fighting module will be out in about November 2013, later it's the end of the year. We'll have a big sale in Nov 2013, the end of LTI sale which we'll never sell again, buy now you don't want to miss out.

2014, we're going to sell LTI again, people missed out and we need the money really.

There's dozens more examples. How can you not see that Chris Roberts seems to have an irresistible urge to say things that later turn out not to be true when changing his mind results in raising more money?

We're not going to have subscriptions, oh wait, you get loaner limited edition ships and special video shows to answer your questions if you subscribe, you also get automatically picked to enter the special tester group, it's special you don't want to miss out.

We won't sell ships after release, oh wait they'll sell game packages that include larger ships but we're not selling ships.

Give more you gullible idiots and no you can't have a refund you gifted items around, who told you to do that you muppet? We owe you nothing, you should thank us for letting you experience all our great video content. 829 videos, sure the game is shit but look at how great our offices are.

Give more.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:38:59 AM by dsmart »

Motto

« Reply #413 on: March 20, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »
So the latest news is that the much anticipated Jesus Patch 3.0 is on the verge of being released to the general public (any day now!), but it will also be the final delivery of the game that once was known as Star Citizen. This because Chris decided to change to name to Mass Effect: Andromeda  :D

Scruffpuff

« Reply #414 on: March 20, 2017, 02:43:09 PM »
Considering how many releases we've seen since 2.0 (we're looking at what now, 2.6.2?) without any progress whatsoever that actually evolves the functionality and stability of the PU, it's amazing that anyone even cares whether or not there's a patch that CIG will arbitrarily declare to be "3.0."

By this time, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that the release of the 3.0 patch is just as dangerous for CIG as the release of the final game.  Too much has been promised, too many things have been pushed back into this 3.0 pipe dream, for it to be anything less than game changing.

Obviously, if something called "3.0" comes out, it will be indistinguishable from what's already on the PU, including the completely broken and unfit engine.  So over the next few weeks, as "2.6.2" gets dribbled out, expect to hear more and more features being walked back to prepare for the underwhelming reality of 3.0.

Already we've seen the first steps:  "cargo" will just be a number, "piracy" will just be the same NPC ships we have now, "bounty hunting" will just be a line of text telling you to kill a pirate, etc.  Basically the game will be just as broken as now, but there will be a new line of text somewhere in the UI.

The company line is that they'll "layer in the fidelity over time."  The reality is that they can't make this game; not with this engine, not with this team, and especially not with this leader.  Now it's all about keeping up appearances and buying time.

Unfortunately, there's nothing to buy time for.  Chris Roberts has piledriven another great idea into the dirt, and CIG does not exist in a vacuum.  By the time they shit out version "6.0", we'll be playing games made by real companies that offer everything CIG promised, and they'll be celebrating a new AI advancement that allows NPC pilots to work their landing gear.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #415 on: March 21, 2017, 04:28:51 AM »
So the latest news is that the much anticipated Jesus Patch 3.0 is on the verge of being released to the general public (any day now!), but it will also be the final delivery of the game that once was known as Star Citizen. This because Chris decided to change to name to Mass Effect: Andromeda  :D

LOL!!! I can't wait to see how croberts Magnum Opus is received when SQ42 gets unveiled. It's going to be all kinds of lovely.  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #416 on: March 21, 2017, 04:46:31 AM »
Considering how many releases we've seen since 2.0 (we're looking at what now, 2.6.2?) without any progress whatsoever that actually evolves the functionality and stability of the PU, it's amazing that anyone even cares whether or not there's a patch that CIG will arbitrarily declare to be "3.0."

By this time, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that the release of the 3.0 patch is just as dangerous for CIG as the release of the final game.  Too much has been promised, too many things have been pushed back into this 3.0 pipe dream, for it to be anything less than game changing.

Obviously, if something called "3.0" comes out, it will be indistinguishable from what's already on the PU, including the completely broken and unfit engine.  So over the next few weeks, as "2.6.2" gets dribbled out, expect to hear more and more features being walked back to prepare for the underwhelming reality of 3.0.

Already we've seen the first steps:  "cargo" will just be a number, "piracy" will just be the same NPC ships we have now, "bounty hunting" will just be a line of text telling you to kill a pirate, etc.  Basically the game will be just as broken as now, but there will be a new line of text somewhere in the UI.

The company line is that they'll "layer in the fidelity over time."  The reality is that they can't make this game; not with this engine, not with this team, and especially not with this leader.  Now it's all about keeping up appearances and buying time.

Unfortunately, there's nothing to buy time for.  Chris Roberts has piledriven another great idea into the dirt, and CIG does not exist in a vacuum.  By the time they shit out version "6.0", we'll be playing games made by real companies that offer everything CIG promised, and they'll be celebrating a new AI advancement that allows NPC pilots to work their landing gear.

I totally called it. It's in my July 2015 blog!!   :lesnick:

It's all a missed opportunity. The sad reality is that they got to make money from it, live lavish lifestyles etc. All on backer money. That's the real injustice here; and that's why "unjust enrichment" is a valid legal cause of action.

I already said that 3.0 was never going to live up to the expectations - no matter what they put in it. The closest they are likely to get to progress is probably the one thing they have skilled people for: art and modeling. So maybe a new station and such. They pulled the same stunt when they shoved Star Marine - which nobody is playing now - into 2.6.0 in order to show "progress"

I cannot wait for planets.  :bahgawd:

We had

"3.0 was coming on|before Dec 19 2016"

Then 2.6.0 dropped instead on Jan 3rd, 2017

Then 2.6.1 dropped Feb 18, 2017

Now 2.6.2 is coming Mar 23rd, 2017.

This is what he promised for 3.0 back in Q4/16. Compare to the schedule report list.

Phraccy

« Reply #417 on: March 21, 2017, 07:26:43 AM »

Now 2.6.2 is coming Mar 23rd, 2017.

You wish :( Isn't even in Evocati yet afaik...at least not as of yesterday. Should have been in last week....

Motto

« Reply #418 on: March 22, 2017, 01:59:09 PM »
Oh boy, this is a fun read. It looks like somebody thought that SC actually is the best game ever and tried to incorporate some of the main features. Like:

Without getting too mired in jargon, you should be aware that “Andromeda” has some major technical problems. As you can see above, one of my squadmates decided she wanted to stand on some boxes for no reason – that’s far from the most egregious technical issue.

In my time with “Andromeda,” I’ve encountered some truly crazy stuff:

– The game slowing down to the point of freezing.

– Stuff in the game’s world “popping in” and disappearing from view (like, say, the ground).

– Enemies materializing out of nowhere (and no, they weren’t just using an invisibility cloak, which some enemies use in “Andromeda”).

And much more! This is stuff I encountered both before and after I installed the update issued by the game’s developer, Bioware. It’s not clear if the game is getting another update

If you read this review "the right way" it looks like Cris was right all along  :dance:

Edit after Narrenbart's comment: Don't read it as a review of ME:A, but read it as if someone tried to do a copy of SC in it's current state. The similarities are amazing then. That's what I meant by "if you read it the right way". 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:23:18 PM by Motto »

Narrenbart

« Reply #419 on: March 22, 2017, 03:13:10 PM »
Oh boy, this is a fun read. It looks like somebody thought that SC actually is the best game ever and tried to incorporate some of the main features. Like:

Without getting too mired in jargon, you should be aware that “Andromeda” has some major technical problems. As you can see above, one of my squadmates decided she wanted to stand on some boxes for no reason – that’s far from the most egregious technical issue.

In my time with “Andromeda,” I’ve encountered some truly crazy stuff:

– The game slowing down to the point of freezing.

– Stuff in the game’s world “popping in” and disappearing from view (like, say, the ground).

– Enemies materializing out of nowhere (and no, they weren’t just using an invisibility cloak, which some enemies use in “Andromeda”).

And much more! This is stuff I encountered both before and after I installed the update issued by the game’s developer, Bioware. It’s not clear if the game is getting another update

If you read this review "the right way" it looks like Cris was right all along  :dance:
Hu? This guy (Ben Gilbert) has nothing to do with Star Citizen and never wrote an article about it. He seems to be a console guy that is just reviewing ME:A.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk