Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1135714 times)

StanTheMan

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #630 on: July 02, 2017, 02:42:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/881532542863761408

They dont want to give their real name along with their assurances...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #631 on: July 03, 2017, 08:33:45 AM »
So I got an email yesterday, but only just saw it. source tells me that NONE of the people in this studio tour, saw ANY part of SQ42. They saw snippets of SC, basically what has already been shown on AtV.

Basically the same propaganda bullshit stunt that streams (e.g. BoredGamerUK) pull when there is some controversy swirling.

Just reading the comments on that reddit shows you how far gone these Backers are, and that the people that went on the tour, and commented here,  are utterly dishonest and inept.

Anyone with a modicum of critical thinking ability can see that nothing is going on here that could possibly verify progress on SQ42

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/881898456641654786
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:44:17 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #633 on: July 04, 2017, 03:12:59 AM »
Being able to buy ships from CIG once the game launches (LOL) means that people who have those ships that are buyable in game will get less in game currency for them if they want to sell them on.

So much for that "investment"

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #634 on: July 04, 2017, 06:00:04 AM »
Being able to buy ships from CIG once the game launches (LOL) means that people who have those ships that are buyable in game will get less in game currency for them if they want to sell them on.

So much for that "investment"

Yeah, but let's not get carried away; the game is never - ever - getting that far.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #635 on: July 04, 2017, 07:10:03 AM »

LOL!! This other studio tour, based on Shillizen BoredGamerUK visit from three months ago, is hilarious.

"How can someone go on a tour of F42 to be shown current, specific, actual and tangible work in progress only to leave the premises with a fucking wall of dreams (tm) to report on."

StanTheMan

« Reply #636 on: July 04, 2017, 09:58:26 AM »

LOL!! This other studio tour, based on Shillizen BoredGamerUK visit from three months ago, is hilarious.

"How can someone go on a tour of F42 to be shown current, specific, actual and tangible work in progress only to leave the premises with a fucking wall of dreams (tm) to report on."

It is another post full of idiotic replies from people that don't know what coffee smells like and are in a coma.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #637 on: July 04, 2017, 10:02:57 AM »

It is another post full of idiotic replies from people that don't know what coffee smells like and are in a coma.

Yeah, pretty much.  :laugh:

Ghostmaker

« Reply #638 on: July 04, 2017, 11:11:27 AM »
I am cracking up laughing right now.

So I've commented before on playing Empyrion: Galactic Survival. No, I'm not being paid, I just enjoy the novelty of Minecraft with buildable spaceships.

Then a thought occurred to me: I wonder if people have been building Star Citizen's spaceships in E:GS?

Off to the Steam Workshop, and... lo and behold, the answer is yes!

http://i.imgur.com/ZDsGuSV.png

:vince:

Motto

« Reply #639 on: July 04, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »
Selling jpg's of ships to be build and used in Minecraft: The Star Citizen Edition. I see a fortune on the horizon. You think Chris will me give me some tips if I ask nicely?

Ghostmaker

« Reply #640 on: July 04, 2017, 05:37:10 PM »
Selling jpg's of ships to be build and used in Minecraft: The Star Citizen Edition. I see a fortune on the horizon. You think Chris will me give me some tips if I ask nicely?
Exactly. What we literally have here are ships, that don't even exist in a finished game yet, now being built in ANOTHER game as flyable vessels (including the ones that only exist as jpgs)!.

Am I wrong to think this is getting absurd?

StanTheMan

« Reply #641 on: July 05, 2017, 03:08:26 AM »
Exactly. What we literally have here are ships, that don't even exist in a finished game yet, now being built in ANOTHER game as flyable vessels (including the ones that only exist as jpgs)!.

Am I wrong to think this is getting absurd?

I think we could avoid copyright issues if we start of with Car Citizen.   

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #642 on: July 11, 2017, 04:47:07 PM »
Some well adjusted fellows in that thread

Just need to vent, getting frustrated

StanTheMan

« Reply #643 on: July 11, 2017, 06:06:28 PM »
Some well adjusted fellows in that thread

Just need to vent, getting frustrated

He is in so deep and I love the fact the first reply effectively tells him to write off his expenditure on SC because he should already have had his moneys worth.

Then there is the Backer saying people should only spend on SC if they are "intimately" familiar with the software development process

Has anyone gotten one of these people who says people should only spend what they can afford to lose, to answer the question that if someone has spent more than they can afford to lose,  are they also effectively saying that those people should ask for a refund ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:15:54 PM by StanTheMan »

helimoth

« Reply #644 on: July 12, 2017, 03:48:26 AM »
I just like how the cultists repeatedly chirp out their hackneyed "but its pre-alpha!!!1" phrase. It's probably an accurate description of the game but to be satisfied with SC being still pre-alpha after all these years with the flimsy justification of "game development takes time" is pure blue pill. I mean what do they expect happens here? 8 years pre alpha then 6 months alpha -> released product?! If pre alpha takes 6 - 7 years then I'd add another 6 - 7 years for the rest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk