Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1135542 times)

Serendipity

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1005 on: August 31, 2017, 08:40:05 AM »
It's impossible to argue the game will be made because it hasn't been made. I've tried to point out the progress that's been made, (without comparing Derek's games Motto, that's pointless, I think you're confusing me with other online types perhaps), as evidence they can make it and get responses saying 'looking at what you have now'. I say look at what we started with and how far they've come, (huge, seamless maps, many ships with localised physics so you can walk within them whilst in flight, upcoming landing on stuff, massive ships, fps, etc), and it's ignored with more posts about bugs and glitches and being sure they have no money left and it's all obviously doomed...DOOMED CAP'N'!

I can be told I'm wrong if I can see evidence that convinces me otherwise. I haven't seen any. I have seem many signs of progress over the last few years and I firmly believe a game or two is coming. How good they will be I have no idea, time will tell.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1006 on: August 31, 2017, 08:43:11 AM »
The game cannot be made, because there is no publisher backing it.

Motto

« Reply #1007 on: August 31, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »
I can be told I'm wrong if I can see evidence that convinces me otherwise. I haven't seen any.

And that is the whole problem. There is so much clear and overwhelming evidence that Star Citizen as a game will never see the light of day, that Chris Roberts by now is actually scamming people and that this whole project is already a huge fiasco that now only is awaiting it's final moment, that you have to be utterly blind not to see that. Yet here you are, claiming to have 20/20 vision. It just doesn't add up. You can't honestly claim that you have looked at all the facts, as documented and presented by Derek in his blogs, and then still think that Star Citizen will make it. If you insist on doing that, please go to the SC Reddit where all you fanboys can exchange stories how good it will be to be playing Star Citizen after all those years of slowly seeing the vision of Chris Roberts enfold into the game that you actually have in your hands by then.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:24:18 AM by Motto »

N0mad

« Reply #1008 on: August 31, 2017, 08:58:17 AM »
II say look at what we started with and how far they've come, (huge, seamless maps, many ships with localised physics so you can walk within them whilst in flight, upcoming landing on stuff, massive ships, fps, etc)

Yeah, 5 years and $156 million worth of progress folks:

FredBloggs

« Reply #1009 on: August 31, 2017, 10:32:15 AM »
Fuck me, are the reddit crew dense or what?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/6x78e4/derek_regarding_pcgamer_comment/

They still don't believe it. They still think I'm Derek smart. You just can't reason with delusional idiots.

What I don't understand. The Derek Smart reddit - do you own the reddit or is it something someone else has put up? I'm a reddit noob. It just seems to be that the reddit exists to troll Derek?

There's never anything supportive written there, its just a hangout for SC cultists? Amirite?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:34:22 AM by FredBloggs »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1010 on: August 31, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/6x78e4/derek_regarding_pcgamer_comment/

They still don't believe it. They still think I'm Derek smart. You just can't reason with delusional idiots.

What I don't understand. The Derek Smart reddit - do you own the reddit or is it something someone else has put up? I'm a reddit noob. It just seems to be that the reddit exists to troll Derek?

There's never anything supportive written there, its just a hangout for SC cultists? Amirite?

They're morons. Ignore them. There is NOTHING to be gained by engaging them.

No, it's not my Reddit. After I wrote that first blog back in July 2015, that mod created the Reddit using my name, on July 9th, 2015. Since that time, they've used it as a jump point for attacking me and my games. Nothing else goes on in there, and any opposing voices are down voted into oblivion.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

FredBloggs

« Reply #1011 on: August 31, 2017, 10:42:30 AM »

They're morons. Ignore them. There is NOTHING to be gained by engaging them.

No, it's not my Reddit. After I wrote that first blog back in July 2015, that mod created the Reddit using my name, on July 9th, 2015. Since that time, they've used it as a jump point for attacking me and my games. Nothing else goes on in there, and any opposing voices are down voted into oblivion.

So you don't moderate it ? Are the moderators also cultists?

Motto

« Reply #1012 on: August 31, 2017, 10:48:53 AM »
Yes. That whole Reddit is there to discredit Derek in every possible way. There can only be one person who agrees with Derek and that is Derek. Therefore anybody claiming things that Derek has said, must be Derek. That kind of logic. They're utter morons.

FredBloggs

« Reply #1013 on: August 31, 2017, 10:52:51 AM »
Yes. That whole Reddit is there to discredit Derek in every possible way. There can only be one person who agrees with Derek and that is Derek. Therefore anybody claiming things that Derek has said, must be Derek. That kind of logic. They're utter morons.

Ok, I didn't realise. I've been using it for a while, I wondered why anything I said was shouted down. There's very few places on the net where you can constructively critisise the project. The FDev forum thread is the most objective I've found. However, there are still alts I think of maybe even Chris Roberts posting there? Some are really suspect.

Motto

« Reply #1014 on: August 31, 2017, 10:59:18 AM »
Yes, the only safe place for agreeing with Derek is here. Even for disagreeing, as long as you stick to the rules.

FredBloggs

« Reply #1015 on: August 31, 2017, 11:07:00 AM »
Yes, the only safe place for agreeing with Derek is here. Even for disagreeing, as long as you stick to the rules.

Thanks. I just really hope that the hype over this so called "ELE" isn't going to be a damp squib... It's been way over hyped and I'm almost thinking it doesn't exist.

I do know that the project is FUBAR though.

Orgetorix

« Reply #1016 on: August 31, 2017, 11:37:28 AM »
Thanks. I just really hope that the hype over this so called "ELE" isn't going to be a damp squib... It's been way over hyped and I'm almost thinking it doesn't exist.

I kinda understand what you're saying here, but if the project is FUBAR, then it's already in an ongoing ELE.

I'll repeat this again, because it bears repeating,

"You don’t see it right away. Any Ponzi scheme looks just fine as long as more people can be found to put their money in. But the end is inevitable and the longer it is delayed the more resounding the collapse."

All the term "ELE" is referring to is the final stages of the collapse of this ongoing Ponzi Scheme. Croberts is doing everything he can to delay the inevitable collapse of this project. Which will invariably make the boom at the end that much bigger, and louder.

Make no mistake, if the reports are true that they are only giving partial refunds now. There is very little time left, the cash on hand must be at such a level that they're scrambling just to make payroll for this month, and are trying madly to come up with the cash to meet next months. That's my feeling, I'd be surprised if they make it to January of next year.

Also remember that a train wreck is a perfect analogy for a situation like this. The wreck happens all at once, there very well might be indicators before the wreck happens that a wreck is imminent, but when the wreck happens it's a catastrophic immediate event.

FredBloggs

« Reply #1017 on: August 31, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »

I kinda understand what you're saying here, but if the project is FUBAR, then it's already in an ongoing ELE.

"You don’t see it right away. Any Ponzi scheme looks just fine as long as more people can be found to put their money in. But the end is inevitable and the longer it is delayed the more resounding the collapse."

All the term "ELE" is referring to is the final stages of the collapse of this ongoing Ponzi Scheme. Croberts is doing everything he can to delay the inevitable collapse of this project. Which will invariably make the boom at the end that much bigger, and louder.

Make no mistake, if the reports are true that they are only giving partial refunds now. There is very little time left, the cash on hand must be at such a level that they're scrambling just to make payroll for this month, and are trying madly to come up with the cash to meet next months. That's my feeling, I'd be surprised if they make it to January of next year.

Also remember that a train wreck is a perfect analogy for a situation like this. The wreck happens all at once, there very well might be indicators before the wreck happens that a wreck is imminent, but when the wreck happens it's a catastrophic immediate event.

Yeah you're right about it being like a Ponzi scheme. I just expected the ELE to be some really catastopic single event (aka the K-T event that the analogy is about) rather than a series of ongoing mounting problems that is the current state of the project.

I'm basically waiting for the BOOM NEWS!

I thought maybe it was that they defaulted on the Coutts loan or something? Still nothing of that magnitude has happened yet. Signs and red flags are there.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1018 on: August 31, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »

Considering CiG took a loan from Coutts, the end may be more sooner than later.  No investor worth their money would give CRoberts anything now and CiG has nothing left to use as collateral.  All they got left are the end of year sales and even that is drying up.
My bets the implosion starts in January with the final collapse by the end of March.

Orgetorix

« Reply #1019 on: August 31, 2017, 12:01:38 PM »
Yeah you're right about it being like a Ponzi scheme. I just expected the ELE to be some really catastopic single event (aka the K-T event that the analogy is about) rather than a series of ongoing mounting problems that is the current state of the project.

I'm basically waiting for the BOOM NEWS!

I thought maybe it was that they defaulted on the Coutts loan or something? Still nothing of that magnitude has happened yet. Signs and red flags are there.

My personal feeling is that this is going to end in very much the same manner as 38 Studios end. It's going to look like they're holding it together, then the next week payroll, and loan repayments aren't going to be made. Then outside Federal, State, and Bank Agencies are going to descend like a cloud of flies on a pile of steaming shit.

I could be wrong, and they might downsize first, cut costs, with senior execs putting in their own money to cover funding short falls. With the goal of releasing an MVP, so they can call it job completed. I don't think that will happen though; I don't see Croberts Ego allowing him to do anything other then to fly straight into the ground doing Mach 5.

In the end if we had access to the books, then we could make much more accurate predictions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk