Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134298 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1095 on: September 06, 2017, 07:12:26 AM »
I'm wondering, is Serenstupidity bringing those remarks here because deep down inside he's getting that creepy feeling that Derek actually might be right? Telling himself that if the bogus funding tracker shows another 2 million it must be true. Giving CIG another month of operation, because one month is all it takes for the complete product to be delivered? Things like that?

I highly doubt that CIG will go into 2018 in the same size as they currently have, I'm pretty sure Gamescom 2017 was the last GC they attended and I can't wait to see what Chris will show at Shitizen Con in October. After the disaster of GC, this is going to be his all or nothing gamble.

Serendipity

« Reply #1096 on: September 06, 2017, 07:23:42 AM »
Nah mate, just bored in work and fancied stirring the nest with some optimism. I mean, since I first encountered Derek's crusade I've asked myself if he's right about it being impossible and done via smoke and mirrors and all the other 'Sandi isn't nice' stuff that is completely irrelevant to if a space game gets made and I keep on deciding he's full of it.

CIG made 64 bit positional space a thing in Cryengine. Derek said they hadn't. He was wrong. He blabbed about stitching 32 bit positional scenes together to appear as a 64 bit space. I asked a CIG dev about it and it was confirmed to me that I was right and Derek was wrong. Real, seamless, huge cryengine maps, millions of kilometres across.

I saw Derek saying that seamless transitions from space to planet with good visual standards throughout was 'decades away' and then 3 games come along, at about the same time less than half a year later, proving him wrong.

Again, proven to be full of it. Then we get the famous multi tweet rant about 60 to 90 days guaranteed. Proven wrong. Multiple high level staff walking out. Wrong. Imminent collapse for the last two years...wrong. There were many more.

I saw a pattern.

Looking forward to 3.0. Gonna be good.

Motto

« Reply #1097 on: September 06, 2017, 07:30:00 AM »
One has to admit your level of optimistic on a scale from 1 to 10 is about 89. I'm wondering what it'll do when Derek is right....

Serendipity

« Reply #1098 on: September 06, 2017, 07:32:58 AM »
One has to admit your level of optimistic on a scale from 1 to 10 is about 89. I'm wondering what it'll do if Derek is right....
FTFY BTW

I'll laugh at how shit CR and his crack team have been and how badly they've failed. Then I'll load up DOTA 2 or something and play another game.

Motto

« Reply #1099 on: September 06, 2017, 07:35:05 AM »
You made and error in correcting me. You seem to doubt that Derek is right. No reason to change when for if. There is no if.

Serendipity

« Reply #1100 on: September 06, 2017, 07:37:42 AM »
You made and error in correcting me. You seem to doubt that Derek is right. No reason to change when for if. There is no if.

Wow, the cult is strong with this one. Until CIG collapse then of course there's an 'if'. It hasn't happened yet. I doubt it'll happen at all before release. If it hasn't happened then it's an if. I know English isn't your first language and all but you seem proficient enough to get the gist of a single, two letter word.

Motto

« Reply #1101 on: September 06, 2017, 07:44:22 AM »
I know enough of the English language to know the difference between if and when. And you know that too, no need to get smart.

The thing is, with CIG it's the same as with "when our sun goes supernova". One can claim that as long as it hasn't happen, it's an if for that event. I'll say it's a when. The same for CIG. There's no if, there is only when.

Wiggleitjiggle

« Reply #1102 on: September 06, 2017, 07:46:10 AM »
It's almost as if you haven't visited RSI or r/SC, man you like to say cult, just read a thread there and go repeat the word cult repeatedly.

Motto

« Reply #1103 on: September 06, 2017, 08:02:13 AM »
So, someone posted this rumor on Reddit:

So guys, I don't think this post will be very popular but I've head some gossip from a source that was on the floor in Cologne. Here is what he heard, apparently the team from GiG was looking to secure funding, in the form of a 75 million dollars investment, from other game companies during the conference for use of their technology. No news on why they would want to do that but that's the rumor. Apparently, the other piece of it is that there's not been any progress on SQ 42 at all since last year, they focused entirely on making the technology work for SC 3.0 so they would have chance of selling it ? Not sure. I'm not saying they are running out of money, I have no idea if it's true. But the source is someone I trust (friend of mine since school in Switzerland) working for a large Eastern European games company. Anyway that's the rumor, wanted to share it with you guys.

Serendipity

« Reply #1104 on: September 06, 2017, 08:27:10 AM »
I know enough of the English language to know the difference between if and when. And you know that too, no need to get smart.

The thing is, with CIG it's the same as with "when our sun goes supernova". One can claim that as long as it hasn't happen, it's an if for that event. I'll say it's a when. The same for CIG. There's no if, there is only when.

Glorious. Our sun isn't big enough to go nova. Brilliant. It's never going to go supernova. Somewhat similar to CIG never collapsing due to a lack of funding before release.

You need to stop with these science posts of yours dude, it's getting embarrassing how often you're wrong.

Motto

« Reply #1105 on: September 06, 2017, 08:36:01 AM »
Oh, you're nitpicking again. Way to go, very mature. There is still a scientific debate whether our sun will go supernova or rather turn into a black or white dwarf. But, just to please you:

The thing is, with CIG it's the same as with "when our sun explodes". One can claim that as long as it hasn't happen, it's an if for that event. I'll say it's a when. The same for CIG. There's no if, there is only when.

So, how'bout them Knicks eh?

Motto

« Reply #1106 on: September 06, 2017, 08:41:13 AM »
So, in this topic somebody finally used "Libel" as a threat to me for constantly accusing Chris of running a scam. I said that I wholeheartedly would accept that charge so Chris has to disclose his financials. I mentioned that Derek would accept that charge too. If I'm wrong there, just let me know so I can edit my statement  :smuggo:

Serendipity

« Reply #1107 on: September 06, 2017, 08:42:33 AM »
Oh, you're nitpicking again. Way to go, very mature. There is still a scientific debate whether our sun will go supernova or rather turn into a black or white dwarf. But, just to please you:

The thing is, with CIG it's the same as with "when our sun explodes". One can claim that as long as it hasn't happen, it's an if for that event. I'll say it's a when. The same for CIG. There's no if, there is only when.

So, how'bout them Knicks eh?

Frankly, it's still stupid. If the sun's helium flash occurs after the human race has become a space faring species and covers half the galaxy, then it doesn't really matter if it destroys the Earth. If Star Citizen runs out of money after a decade of successful gaming enjoyed by thousands or millions then it won't really matter. If it happens before release then yes, it is bad. If it happens ten years down the line then no, not bad.

Your unshakable faith in it's imminent collapse is the problem, not how you describe your faith in the cult group think.

Motto

« Reply #1108 on: September 06, 2017, 08:45:14 AM »
Since that, when reversed, also applies to you, that'll be a stalemate then? The difference of course, me being right and all.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1109 on: September 06, 2017, 08:53:52 AM »
Any doubters just need to see the 600i: they're basically selling a space-vagina whose sole merit over other ships is that it's more expensive. I'm surprised y'all haven't started calling it the "whale-boat".

^this

:five: :five: :five:

Sure, you all deride this whole operation as "Selling JPEGs", but that deflationary reading really leaves aside the monstrous problem that has existed since the beginning: it's not just that they won't ever build those ships they've been advertising with their fantastic, sizzle-rich commercials; it's that they can't. Assume they somehow actually build this thing that they're promising: a space sim that obeys some rules of physics and breaks others, with a variety of weapons and crafts.

Yes - and that's the crux of the issue, as I said over here.

It somewhat reminds me of the train wreck of World War II Online, where a group of dangerously incompetent sim fans decided in 1999 to build a WW2 MMO. To test their concepts, they picked the Battle of France, with the plan to have the whole war simulated at some point. The development period featured a hilarious invasion of Team Fortress 2 fans who insisted that their game would be the only true realistic battlefield. For a week in June 2001, WW2OL was the top-selling game in the US. And it imploded due to being a downright unplayable, buggy mess with all kinds of weird decisions made by a team that had no business trying. They shipped a CD with code so broken, when the user connected on launch day to their servers, s/he had to download and install a "patch" that was the entire game, making WW2OL de facto the first chart-topping game to be distributed entirely via digital download. And yet only yesterday did they launch on Steam, as an Early Access game. I suppose Early Access in the sense that in the US, a kid who gets his driving license a few months after his sixteenth birthday can be said to have Early Access to an automobile.
But yes, I bought a copy of WW2OL in 2001. Why? Because watching the development/release train wreck I felt was worth fifty bucks.

Yup. I was there to witness all of it. Even knew a bunch of guys who worked on it.

Now I look at SC, and WW2OL is the best possible outcome for them: a buggy, stripped down product appealing to a niche audience that can fund a skeleton crew. Think of it as the white dwarf after the coming supernova.

Except, unlike WW2OL, there will never been anything resembling a "game" because even if they somehow manage to shit out "something" (they've already started stripping it, hiding things etc) called 3.0, it would still be the same buggy mess that is 2.6.3, but with maybe 3 moons to glitch through on.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk